Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

If he's not afraid, why should we as fans be worried for him? Yes, Taufik has lost some of his sharpness but he's still magic on court. I'd rather see him try.

2. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    But why does Taufik withdrawn in Malaysia GPG??

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I'd rather see him than not see him at all!!! :D
    Badminton without Taufik.... aaaahh, I'd rather not think about that at all!!
    INA badminton has bigger and more serious problems than why Taufik is still playing. Very serious problems! Sadly...

4. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hopefully because he's coming to Singapore Open :p.

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

I read KOMPAS today's print edition, his condition is unfit so he decide to pull out. Better prepare to next tournaments such as SIN SS & INA SSP.
    -----------------------------
    An article about Taufik Hidayat taken from The Jakarta Post :

‘I am building my after-badminton life’

Niken Prathivi, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Wed, 05/04/2011 10:15 PM | Sports

Shuttler Taufik Hidayat is perhaps not only known for his extravagant performance on the court, but also as one of the pioneers in the sport making the most of his life after badminton.

While many veterans and legends in one of the most popular sports in the country struggle to build their lives after retiring from badminton, Taufik is preparing a post-badminton career that looks bright.

The former world champion and gold medalist in men’s singles is famous not just for his extravagant play, but also for his controversial attitude. Despite his bullet-like 320-kilometer-per-hour smash, the six-time Indonesian Open champion was once known for his temperamental attitude.

Whatever his reputation was, he proved his true talent by winning almost all of the world titles — except for the All England — in his 13-year career, making him among the most respected of the Asian badminton champions. Not only that, Taufik also made waves in the entertainment world with his close affiliations with certain celebrities.
    ----------------
    Full article : http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/05/04/%E2%80%98i-am-building-my-after-badminton-life%E2%80%99.html

6. mohawken

mohawken Regular Member

does Handoyo still coach Taufik? i always see the coach chair empty during the tournament and taufik always by himself during the 11-point break, whereas the opponent always chat with his coach on what to work on the second half of the game.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    This is indeed strange that no one sits on the coach chair when Taufik plays.

Surely, another INA player and/or coach can talk to Taufik at the 11-point intervals.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    There's usually the other, younger guy in the coach chair at many tournaments. (Can't recall his name :eek:)

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Who sits on the coach chair when Taufik is playing

I haven't seen younger guys (probably TH's teammates) sitting on the coach chairs for him. When/if they do, I am sure TH would feel some support.

This reminded me of the 2010 Australian Open GP. Yoga Pratama played without a coach. Alamsyah Yunus (his teammate) sat on one of the 2 coach chairs to support. I followed him to sit on the other coach chair to support.

And I could see that Yoga Pratama was rather pleased to have us sitting on his coaches chairs. And Yoga managed to defeat Nick Kidd in an exciting match (21-17, 17-21, 21-18 in 53 minutes).

It's great that all our postings are archived. It was posted, located at;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...nton-Open-GP?p=1479747&viewfull=1#post1479747

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Taufik Hidayat warming up before his charity match with LCW last month.
    207811_10150483166645247_668080246_17849924_7188083_n.jpg

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Taufik, Liliyana Pull Out of Sudirman Cup Squad

Taufik, Liliyana Pull Out of Sudirman Cup Squad

Ami Afriatni | May 18, 2011

The Indonesian Badminton Association on Wednesday said it respected Taufik Hidayat’s decision not to play in next week’s Sudirman Cup after the men’s singles shuttler was called up for the national team to boost its ranking in the tournament.

Hadi Nasri, head of the athletes’ development at the association, also known as PBSI, said Taufik’s name was included in the Indonesia roster to get a better seeding in the tournament, which will be held in Qingdao, China on May 22-30.

“We had an agreement that we would name him to the squad for seeding purposes, while we would let him decide whether to play or not,” Hadi told the Jakarta Globe.

“He decided not to play and we respect his decision.”

Taufik said on Tuesday that he withdrew from the Cup because he believed “a younger shuttler was more deserving of his slot.”

“I think this is the right time for the younger generation to have a bigger role in representing our country in major international tournaments,” he said.

Full story: http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sports/taufik-liliyana-pull-out-of-sudirman-cup-squad/441750

12. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    For a player like taufik to make way for his younger country men in the coming sudirman cup

is .... u n b e l i e v a b l e ...:) :)

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Problem seems, the younger shuttlers are not very eager to take his place!! :D

14. mohawken

mohawken Regular Member

with all due respect to taufik, imo its a good decision to withdraw from the tournament. He had criticized PBSI publicly before for not bringing up younger generation players to carry the traditionally strong INA badminton squad. Now that PBSI gathered a bunch of young talents it only fits for him to step down and really give the youngsters chances to gain experience and prove themselves on the international stage.

15. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Yes good decision by TH. I was already wondering why he was still on the list.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Because for the rest, the way things are just now, you may as well just toss a coin...:(:eek:

17. aruntaufik

aruntaufik New Member

student
    nice pic buddy.... thank u

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Taufik Hidayat and the 2012 London Olympics

An excerpt:

Still on the show Celebrity Smash, Taufik Bulutangkis.com asked whether still have the desire to perform at the London Olympics in August 2012.
    Taufik mengungkapkan secara pribadi masih ada keinginan untuk mengulang sukses yang sama seperti di Olimpiade Athena tahun 2004.​
    Taufik disclose personally still have a desire to repeat the same success as Olympic Games in Athens in 2004.
    Namun Taufik menyatakan pada prinsipnya tidak keberatan memberikan kesempatan pada junior-juniornya untuk tampil di Olimpiade tahun 2012 mendatang, tapi bukan karena Taufik diminta mengundurkan diri karena poinnya lebih tinggi dari junior-juniornya.​
    But Taufik expressed no objection in principle gives way to the junior-juniors to perform at the Olympics in 2012, but not because Taufik asked to resign because it point higher than the junior-junior.

Taufik Hidayat berharap agar junior-juniornya mampu menggesernya melalui prestasi murni.​
    Taufik Hidayat hopes for junior-juniors be able to slide through genuine achievement.
    Sebuah tantangan manis dari seorang Taufik Hidayat untuk atlit tunggal putra Indonesia lainnya agar mampu melanjutkan estafet tunggal putra Indonesia dari Taufik Hidayat.​
    A nice challenge from a Taufik Hidayat to athletes of other Indonesian men's singles to be able to continue the relay men's singles Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.

Full story: http://www.bulutangkis.com/mod.php?mod=publisher&op=viewarticle&artid=6998

19. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    After watch SS defeated by PG at Sudirman Cup 2011 and then Sony DK still injury, i think a TH still be required in INA squad for OG 2012.
    In fact, until now no one is looking or be indication can replace TH even SS. Maybe SS is younger than TH but not into category young player. Be caused Simon Santono is 26 years old now.

20. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    I wonder how Li Mao is faring with his coaching job in Indonesia.
    I have not seen him at tournaments where Ina players have played, till now.