Fake Yonex Arc ZSTH (JP coded)?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Vertix, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Vertix

Vertix Regular Member

Student
    Hi all,

Need further confirmation on the authenticity of this Jp Coded Yonex Arcsaber Z Slash (TH)
    that I bought earlier today from a fellow bcer at SGD180 (The price has more or less suggested its authenticity). I've uploaded a couple of pictures.

photo_2.jpg photo_4.jpg photo_5.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    photo_3.jpg
    photo_6.jpg

From the pictures, the buttcap looks kinda weird to me. The original red grip as well, the aarow on the grip seems to be larger than normal. Lastly, I'm not sure if this racket has started it's production on the 28th of Oct 2009 (As suggested by the cone serial) since it was released in April 2010 or so. Needs help to clarify/confirm my doubt. Thanks.

P.S: I've posted my shaft and cone serials on the check your serial thread. But decided to upload a couple pictures to help in the verification. Sincerely apologise on posting twice.

2. Vertix

Vertix Regular Member

Student
    Just to clarify on the shaft and cone serials as the picture is a little blur.

Shaft serial: 8785769
    Cone serial: 281093JP

3. arsnic_uk

arsnic_uk Regular Member

Student
    Hey there I had a look at your racket and it does look somewhat weird. Does the shaft at the end of the Arcsaber Z slash logo have the words Taufik Hidayat on it (picture 3 - can't quite make it out)? Anyway, I can take the same pictures you've taken on my ARCZTH tonight so you can do a proper inspection along with the code verifications.

4. niGht kiD

niGht kiD Regular Member

SGD180 is not even enough to buy a SP coded ZSTH, too good to be true for that price for a JP coded ZSTH.

Could you upload other side of the cone that showing the specs?

#4 niGht kiD, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  5. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    can you also post the picture of the bag?

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

A very good point which you are totally correct about. The serial and cone code used were quite normal for the regular version fakes but now that you mention it are totally incorrect for this version. Production only started in May 2010 and only released end of July/ August ...

7. Vertix

Vertix Regular Member

Student
    Hi,

Arsnic: Yes there is. Basically ive compared the frame to images I can find online it kinda seem identical. But the aarow printed on the grip seem somewhat larger.

Night kid: Yes I did mention that the price is what convinced me the most that it'd highly fake and that's why I need advise around here.

Avenger: There is no racket bag that comes along. I thought Jp coded rackets are suppose to come with the cloth bag.

Its my mistake as I did not check properly on the serial and assume that it's sp coded as I was rushing for time. It was only after the deal that I realize it's Jp coded.

8. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    Who is this fellow BCer who's selling fake rackets?

9. arsnic_uk

arsnic_uk Regular Member

Student
    Whats the texture of the grip like? Usually the quality of the PU grip can give the racket away very easily. Just my 2cent.

10. Vertix

Vertix Regular Member

Student
    The texture of the grip is fine but the arrows on the grip seems much larger than it should be. But anyway the codes have already proven it's authenticity. Thanks for all the prompt reply.

11. Vertix

Vertix Regular Member

Student
    The bcer id is PaShuttler1980. So just a gentle reminder to all those dealing with him. Per his friend iffara, he will be dealing his arc10pg to someone else tonight so hopefully that guy did not fall into the same situation like I did.

12. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    so.. no photo about the bag?

13. Vertix

Vertix Regular Member

Student
    Yes, it was dealed without a bag.

14. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

This is an interesting "questionable" Yonex racquet seeing that it even came with the cloth bag and grip band (the rubber thing at the bottom of the plastic cone) which are exclusive JP racquet features. Is it 3UG5 by the way?

One last thing for you to do is to strip the handle of the plastic and leather grip all the way down to the wood. Lets see if it has the Yonex specification and barcode sticker on the wood.

15. Vertix

Vertix Regular Member

Student
    Yes, it's 3ug5. But the codes are basically the most important evidence to it's authenticity. Has been verified fake.

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

The barcode on the wood of the racket, is also very important to determine the rackets authenticity. That is your last chance to determine wheter or not the racket is legit. Personnally I think that the cone codes and serial is too early for when this racket came on to the Market.

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The cone code already tells the whole story, nothing else even needs to be checked. This limited series was far from being in production at the time of the cone code ...
    Still, it would be interesting to see further details on this fake although I would leave it as is and get me money back ;) (from the local seller, email address and hp number available in the buy & sell section :D).

#17 demolidor, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  18. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

No wonder in his ad he claim no mobile phone. Also he is a new forum member registered 3 days ago only.

19. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Feel sorry for you. Just curious, what are you going to do with it? Possible to ask the seller to refund?

20. Vertix

Vertix Regular Member

Student
    Yes I did drop him and his friend who helped him in dealing a SMS. It's true that it's fake, I did make a misjudgment. But should have no problem refunding.