P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    PV Sindhu is a fantastic player and she had a very difficult draw and yet made it to the semifinal of
    THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!
    To me, at 18 and able to defeat seasoned Chinese players coached by LYB, is oustanding.
    Her physical build plus improving her all round game as she mature, will make her one of the best
    player in WS.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    next
    she need to start winning super series

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think she still is a rough diamond - which means she can/will improve more in the future. For tall person, she's got good footwork. I haven't seen her play live but I think for the forecourt area, she could take the shuttle even earlier given her reach.

I see opponents trying to push her back and making more effective use of playing the net game against Sidhu. They would try to get Sindhu to take drop shots low down to make her stoop and also twist a lot.

It's going to be an interesting next couple of years.

4. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Not sure what happened in the IBL where she got thrashed by Saina in the second game 21 - 9.
    She also lost to Marin.
    [TABLE="class: ruler matches"]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="align: right"][TABLE]
    [TD="align: right"]Sindhu P.V[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]-[/TD]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TD]Marin Carolina[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD]16-21 13-21[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Maybe someone got some news on this.

#364 rogerv2, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    These are all experiences for her. Always she had trouble against left hand players. And with Saina, she completely lost control of the game once she started losing few continuous points. Her mental game is very weak. Saina really played very aggresive against her which i can understand as saina had a huge pressure in front of home crowd as already that match stood as the reason for pulling the crowd over there. Sindhu will definitely learn from these mistakes and come out successfully.

6. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    While watching the WC against WYH and WSX, even the Chinese coaches (as commentators) said she has great potential. They said she has long but powerful legs that can reach every shot easily in just 1 step. I remembered a rally against WYH that lasted forever and she hit a bad shot that should be an easy kill for WYH, but WYH was so tired that she totally missed the bird. It's hard to believe that because CHN WS players are known for fitness.

7. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    After the high of the WC its obvious that she was at her peak and now she just need time to
    recover and this IBL comes at the wrong time for her. I am sure if not for the high profile IBL pioneer
    tournament, her coach would have pull her out - at her age its difficult to peak twice in close
    succession.

8. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Probably going through a rough patch after the WC intense trainings. Anyway lets see what happens in the China Open.

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Except one or two participants, nobody is participating china open..

10. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

That's strange, anyway the next SS after China I suppose

11. EvenBetter

EvenBetter Regular Member

Japan Open I suppose. btw, she just makes a comeback, beating Tine in IBL the other day:)

I think we all thought she never met Ratchanok in Junior as the commentator mentioned during WC semifinal. But, Surprisingly, she had met Ratchanok in Junior since 2009. When I heard Vimal Kumar said(on IBN Live) that he had watched her play Ratchanok since Junior I thought he must be wrong till I have found that, at least, they really met in WJC 2009. So, as the matter of fact, they know each other long long time ago and maybe she should listen to Vimal Kumar suggestion on how to improve her game.
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=E71B7835-F37D-4A9D-81C3-BFAC90E46B7C&draw=2

12. EvenBetter

EvenBetter Regular Member

and now she won over Juli 21-20, 21-20 in IBL format...

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Today i wish sindhu's team win the semifinals and move ahead to finals.. Definitely, MM will secure one point in MS using LCW. Sindhu has to win her match against Tine Baun. And MS2 is also a key match we have to look out for. Definitely, AW will use K.Srikanth to win his MS match. They have to use him against Marc zwiebler or Vladimir Ivanov as MS2.

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

this is probably better in the IBL thread.

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Another of Sindhu's "wishes" come true: now in the top 10 BWF-ranked WS players, she is ranked 10.

Sindhu appears to be going through an exciting phase of her career and is improving rapidly; she also appears to be trying to add some new weapons to her arsenal, which are suited to her build and height. This is an exciting and welcome development -it also indicates a new-found confidence.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a significantly different result the next time she plays May! ;) :D

16. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I'm also going out on a limb and predict in tomorrow's IBL finals, Saina vs Sindhu game will be a cracker with Sindhu coming on top. :cool:

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Brave men! I favour Saina for tomorrow's match. As for the future, it's going to be the confidence factor. I still favour RI but we shall see battle royale between the titans. Meanwhile, china will be getting their thinking hats on lurking in the background on how to handle Sindhu. I think a fresh pair of legs is needed. Their old guard (!) have too many injuries.

18. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

China will be doing Sindhu a big favour by exposing her weakness so that Sindhu/Gopichand can address them. So it is a win-win situation.

Only WSX seems to be injury free. Probably getting injured from trying too hard.
    The playing lifespan of China WS players seems very short.

#378 rogerv2, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yep. Only way to tackle sindhu from china's point of view is to bring Sun Yu. Building SunYu's strength to overcome her difficulties will be a key factor as far as i know. I think sun yu has age and ability and reach as most of the top chinese WS players were complaining to media about their loss to sindhu. My favourite is SunYu. I want china to bring that young girl up.

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    LXR for-evaaaahh!!! :D

WSX is a burnt-out shell of her former self. Granted, she's injury-free, but so am I, and I'm no match for the Giraffe...

WYH still has it in her, but I have this feeling her total focus is often not in the match -something on her mind" Love, maybe? :)

Sun Yu? Time will tell if the coaches are handling her correctly. I also have this feeling the China WS coaching team is undergoing a bit of a "reorganisation" so there will be no definite hierarchy evolving in the near future. But I kinda recall [MENTION=40637]RedShuttle[/MENTION] having mentioned something about a highly gifted 14-year-old kaming waves in China...

But there are many other players from near and far who are also shoving for space in the top drawer. Carolina Marin is easily one of the most-improved players in recent months. There's Nitchaon Jinadapol, TTY, Bella, the entire Jap squad of MM's and SS's, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others as well... :D

Meanwhile, next gym project for Sindhu: work on upper-body strength now. And stop going for premeditated round-the-head hits on the deep backhand corner -she sometimes gets into such an undignified tangle and misses the bird altogether! Tine found her out repeatedly in their IBL match. Sindhu should learn how to move powerfully from Tine.