Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Saiko21

Saiko21 New Member

Student
  2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Victor Fans: I am thinking of buying BS LYD. Currently i am using BS 9.. How far difference is BS 9 and BS LYD ?

Thanks

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    http://www.giyf.com/

4. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi Victor Fans: I am thinking of buying BS LYD. Currently i am using BS 9.. How far difference is BS 9 and BS LYD ?

Thanks

5. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

There's already plenty of information available ... Just read it ...

6. Knicknack

Knicknack Regular Member

The BS LYD feel kinda....soft to me @@ Believe me it is not that I have strong arm: The Voltric 7 was my go-to racket for a long time and the recently-joined MX80 3U gave me pain. But what the hell BS LYD just felt like it flexes too much for 4/5 stiffness rating. Maybe it was the slim shaft or what? However makes no mistake it is a very good racket as I can draw power from it almost instantly for quick smashes or net intercepts. I just feel like this is not a racket for back court but rather a fast respond and "quickies" for front court use. Wristy people will like it whether arm-swinging brute will not (poor me).

7. jeremy82

jeremy82 Regular Member

designer
    just from my view as tried both BS12 and BS LYD last week. and i've been using twister F9.
    BS 12 feels a bit light head comparing to F9. so i don't enjoy the BS12 as much as F9.
    But the BS LYD feels much nicer than my F9. mid stiff. the weight on the head is just nice for me.
    Just my review.

8. jeremy82

jeremy82 Regular Member

designer
    stiffer...more powerful if you have the power to use a mid stiff racquet.
    i believe BS09 is mid flex.

9. MonkeyMadness

MonkeyMadness Regular Member

"Wristy people will like it whether arm-swinging brute will not (poor me)"

I tend to disagree, I had a match last week that was all power from the back of the court and it worked a treat :)

10. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Where you're standing on court doesn't dictate your playing style.

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Exactly. Knicknack was referring to his swing style. Some people generate their power more with pronation, some more with the arm swing - what kinda racket is more powerful for you is determined by that. I for example have a rather 'wristy' smash where most of the power is generated from pronation and only a small part by upper body rotation/arm swing, so I generally prefer balanced rackets to head heavy ones, as they're pretty much even in power to me and are much better in other aspects.

12. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Sometimes I forget to pronate my wrist and stare at the racket like it's it's fault the shuttle isn't going anywhere XD

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

We all have our small (and sometimes not so small :D) weaknesses - I like to try very ambitious deceptive slice drops and also stare at my racket if I hit it with the frame because I went for to acute an angle or wanted to be too deceptive :D

14. Knicknack

Knicknack Regular Member

Yea I was referring to my swinging motion. I tend to think that in the back of the court a whole arm swing would generate excessive amount of power unless you have really really strong wrist and pronate it with proper technique. Racket choice is really up to the user so I would not comment on that. My background was basketball so I tend to leave it to the shoulder to do all the dirty work back court xD

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Generally speaking, generating power from your arm swing without proper pronation tends to be rather ineffective. The muscles responsible for the motion are bigger and stronger, but the motion can not generate the same speed as pronation, and thus you cannot transfer all that power onto the shuttle efficiently. Going for a head heavy racket would probably help though as your strength is used more efficiently by accelerating the heavier racket which in turn can produce more power than an equally fast, not as head heavy racket.
    You should probably not go for a stiff shaft either, as it takes a pretty fast motion to bend one.

PS: As we cannot see your swing motion, all of this could very well be wrong. It might be possible that you already have a very fast motion despite any weaknesses you notice yourself. So don't take this the wrong way and buy 10 heavy rackets :D

16. Knicknack

Knicknack Regular Member

I am always the front court guy in double but still can generate enough power from the rear but not for a long time. I feel quite confident in flat rallies and the BS LYD gives me just that nasty nasty speed to hit the birdie even when I'm on my butt. However over time I prefer the MX80 over it for that I can get great power out of it compare to the BS LYD when in the backcourt.

While the swing speed is not up to par with the BS LYD, the MX80 just compliment my game better and give me just enough beef to thunder some shots while in the rear.

Idk whether it is a change of style to a more-rounded game or just that MX80 suits me more.

17. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

I play about 80% of the time at the net. My style is drives, intercepts and especially counter attack. Reading all the posts in this thread showed me this racket is brilliant at the front. The only thing that concerns me is whether i will be able to deliver power from the back?

Another thing that i am cautious of is the stiffness. I had saved up for a MX80 and found it waaay too stiff and so i am worried if the LYD will be too stiff for me? I have been fine using the AT900P and am currently using a Nanospeed 800.

18. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    BS LYD is similar to BS 9. so MX 80 is more towards like z force stiffness.

19. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

No, the LYD is stiffer for sure. It might have a different head balance too, I'm not sure about that one.

20. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    If you use the AT900P you'll be fine with the LYD.

And you don't spend 80% of your time at the net. :) You're dreaming. You'd spend almost half of your time defending for starters, and you don't do that from the front, you do it from the sides. Then maybe somewhere between 40-60% of your time, you're attacking so you're maybe playing front, maybe playing from the back. It just depends on if you're serving or not, or what your opponents are doing. It's IMPOSSIBLE to spend 80% of your court time in one section of the court.