Badminton shop in butterworth, penang.

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by kennyng, Apr 3, 2008.

1. bob_jabba83

bob_jabba83 Regular Member

Lecturer
    Don't need to search, i already try almost trough out penang......but failed... i also thinking of buying one for my self... feels very regreat for not choosing the yellow instead i got my self a puple one. now no more to be found:crying:.....

2. susanong

susanong Regular Member

LTT Badminton Shop

New shop just opened on 1st May 2010. Near Sunshine Square. Owner is LTT, former BAM players :)

3. gengsha

gengsha Regular Member

student
    in penang badminton shop Arc 8 Dx the most cheapness price is how much?

4. skychen

skychen Regular Member

House of racquets

The best badminton sport shop I can ever find in Butterworth / Penang.
    I’ve been there for a few times and I think it’s a must to share with you guys.:p

HOUSE OF RACQUETS

map.jpg

banner.jpg

The only sport shop in Northern Legion using YONEX ES5PRO for stringing service.

es5pro.jpg

YONEX ES5PRO is a world-class reliability computer stringing machine that used exclusively by the YONEX International Stringing Team and trusted by the tournament pros.

My comment after tried it on my racquet:
    Solid feel, high tension holding characteristics that maintain high string repulsion power, outstanding durability ( tension will not run away and can last long ) .
    All my friends said that the machine is the best and give the same comment.

HOUSE OF RACQUETS mainly carry YONEX, as they are sponsored by YONEX. In addition, you can also find other brands.

If you love YONEX clothing, there is also a good place to shop. I can find most of the tournament shirts and shorts there, even 2010 Thomas cup’s team shirts. Whatever latest YONEX products, that is the place.

They open 7 days a week, from morning till late night (not sure about the time, but I’ve been there at 9pm before)

You can look for Darren who is the boss. You’ll be surprised if you hear his background.
    He is from YONEX-Sunrise’s group of stringers trained by the Yonex International Stringing Team, and he is also the official YONEX stringer in Asia and also a MASTER RACQUET TECHNICIAN, he will tell you what racquet suit your play style, so that you can perform your skills to the max!

He is former BAM player and now is a coach. He has BAM Coaching Certificate, a professional coach trained by BAM.
    From the pictures with the National players in his shop, you’ll know that he’s been to many countries’ tournaments in Asia.

Just pay a visit and you will know more. Don’t forget to try that computer stringing machine.

5. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    since when HOUSE OF RACQUETS have open in prai...got carry latest yonex bag?

6. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    managed to visit Bestech last week,
    although the shop is small but they carry almost complete Li Ning, YY and Victor racquets
    they have quite a large collection of Victor shoes....too bad the model i need is not available
    but the 2 ladies there are friendly and helpful...highly recommended....

7. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    what racket u want? what you think of the penang price compare to Kl shop?

8. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Yup, probably the best shop in Penang in my humble opinion. Small shop, but they stock up on almost all models in Yonex, Victor, Li-Ning rackets; especially the high end models of Arcsabers, Nanospeeds, Armotecs, Braveswords and Li-Ning equivalents.

They have more Yonex shoes as compared to Victor or Li-Ning; they just received supplies of SHB200s, SHB85, SHB92 and SHB80EX. Though I did recall seeing Victor's latest shoe there (the grey one). Most unfortunate that they don't have the model you are looking for.

If you do go there again or have friends going there, do mention that Justin recommended them to you. I am sure they'll extend their hospitality to you as they have to me.

Justin.

9. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    i am looking for Victor shoes...not racket, i think the price of rackets in KL and Penang are much or less the same...
    just which shop offer more discount...i think Bestech can offer good discount if i want to buy anything, just that my habit is not to ask about price when I do not have the intention to buy any that time...

yeah, I am looking for SHW 8000 ACE...but they do not have the model yet...anyway they are patient enough to introduce other Victor shoes and find the suitable size for me to try eventhough they know i am not buying. they even willing to borrow me a pair of sock so that I can have a better feel of the shoes with different size...i might drop-by again in my next visit to Penang..
    i will surely mention your name that time....anyway I managed to go there due to your clear instructions....

10. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    where can i get the lowest price of victor racketsin penang ? i looking for bs11

11. justinwyyau

Husband and Dad
    Bestech Penang at YMCA are having 30% discount of their stocked Li-Ning player model rackets. Do drop by and ask for Irynn or Connie and said Justin recommended you.

Yurimaster, you can get the BS11 at Bestech too.

Justin.

12. justinwyyau

Husband and Dad
    Another quick one for Bestech, was there yesterday to re-string and saw the following in stock:
    - Victor Bravesword 8, 9, 10 and 11
    - Victor Spira 21
    - Yonex player series (LCW, Taufik, Peter Gade)

As usual, ask for Connie or Irynn.

Regards,

Justin.

13. yurimaster2010

Consultant

justin,
    thank you introducing ppl to go to bestech.
    no doubt they are the most complete rackets seller except sotx, zelm, gosen,wilson,rsl which they dont sell or display much.

price is not cheap after i compare outside market.
    i can get li-ning racket 40% discount, victor i can get 30% which they only give 15%-20% ....yonex they are expensive by rm50 when i bought 8Dx from them...personal experience...

just my feedback..

14. justinwyyau

Husband and Dad
    No worries Yurimaster, you are welcome.

Not defending Bestech nor have any affiliations with them but I feel I should comment in general.

I do not know if they are selling their equipment higher than other resellers, as my budget does not stretch that far but I have yet to come across a shop in Penang carrying higher-end models like they do (my apologies if I am ignorant in this and there are shops that do). If a buyer is getting their equipment quoted cheaper via interstate or through international shipment, they may want to also factor in the cost of shipment, fuel and time etc., I believe the actual price may end up being equal if not more than what they are selling.

It is a dog eat dog world in the reseller industry; no one reseller can stock all brands and models that you want, they have to be selective in what they want to carry and what they can sell/customers will buy. Resellers giving deep discounts will eat into their profit margins and they may even be making a loss just to sell a unit (possible sales quota to meet), so 30-40% discounts are not your everyday discounts. As the saying goes, when it is too good to be true, be wary! :D

Ultimately, it is the buyer's money and each individual to their own. I have had many previous dealings with them and I am very comfortable with them and I am sure many others have similar experiences, so they get my business regardless if it is RM50 higher than outside :)

Justin.

15. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    justin,
    i always thought bestech is biggest badminton shop after ur advise...
    lets check out "a shop call add one sports ent "at opposite bayan baru mosque...
    they looks biggest in penang so far with tons of racket models.......
    price no comment...

16. bogensaebel

bogensaebel Regular Member

student
    what is the stringing cost at HOUSE OF RACQUETS? i hv no other stringing experience other than ES5PRO....is manual stringing too much risk?better electronic is't?

17. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    digital compare to manual is about precision...that all..cost rm5..u from germany can coming to pg for stringing?

18. bogensaebel

bogensaebel Regular Member

student
    i am malaysian lol...just be in germany at the moment...i just think about how to string when i come back to malaysia...rm5 is damn good....
    i never tried manual string...is the string technique trustable?
    i think with electric machine it's easier to string under yonex stringing instruction rite?
    http://www.yonex.com/badminton/stringing_instructions/index.html

19. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    which part of germany u in?
    i am going to germany, lenfelden on oct2010...any idea how to know them to play badminton with them?

20. HardSmasher

HardSmasher Regular Member

Senior Engineer
    hi yurimaster,
    which other shop in penang u can get better discount, please recommend. tq.