Play badminton in HCMC VIETNAM

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by tifam, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

Contact by PM when :)you arrive....

2. kaew072

kaew072 New Member

IT
    Hi everybody,
    Thank you for all of your information. Will there be anyone play at Curcle this Saturday morning? May I join with you? I like playing badminton. I'm worried whether my 1-year experience is enough to play with you. And also I'm not strong in body and game.
    Thanks

3. dalelee

dalelee Regular Member

Where is Curcle? Is there group play there? If yes, I also want to join. I have five years badminton experience.

4. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Hi everybody,

The Vietnamese translation for Cercle Sportiff is Cung Van Hoa Lao Dong and it is located at Nguyen Thi Minh Khai.The 2 badminton courts are very popular and you just have to turn up & see if the standards there are to your expectation and whether they are prepared to take you in.

Being a foreigner, I like going to this place to see people playing badminton while shopping for badminton rackets and shoes round the corner especially when there is nothing else to do on weekends.

Thanks

Permanis

5. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

Contact me by Private Message and I will direct you to local clubs where you can play...:)

6. proacevn

proacevn Regular Member

Student
    A new member from Vietnam

Are there any VNese in this forum? I'm a 17-girl, Vnese, love playing badminton, used to play for HCM Team, but haven't played for years. Now I wanna play but I can't find any partners... I live in HCMC. Is there any club in HCMC? Can I join?

7. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

Hi...You are welcome to join us just PM me and I will give you contact info...I am not Vietnamese but have lived here for 13 years....:)

8. proacevn

proacevn Regular Member

Student
    Yes great. Thank you so much. But... how can I contact you? I live in Phu Nhuan District. My phone number is 0907921991. My name's Trang. Can you contact me to let me know where and when you play? Thanks again.

9. CornChip

CornChip Regular Member

Hi DreamHai,
    How are you? I haven't been on this page for ages. Thanks for introducing our group.

To All,
    We welcome all foreigners and Vietnamese who'd like to have some games with us. We play at T19 Club, 43/4 Thanh Thai Street, Ward 14 District 10, HCMC, on Saturdays from 13h00-17h00, on Sundays from 12h00-17h00.

My email is phist3r@yahoo.com

I hope we can entertain you a bit while you're in Vietnam hehehe

Cheerio,
    CornChip aka Phi

10. aZn_Popcorn

aZn_Popcorn Regular Member

Welcome to BC Trang!

I am vietnamese and will be returning to Vietnam next year around Tet.
    I just went to Vietnam in summer and found it hard to find badminton clubs/stores. Hopefully next year, we can maybe meet up and get a few games.

11. proacevn

proacevn Regular Member

Student
    Hi there. Yeah I hope I can have a match with you when you come back here. Where do you live now? I'm going to Melbourne next year. Yes it's hard to find a badminton group here...

12. kc2626

kc2626 Regular Member

dear hmcm friends

I am a foreigner in HCMC.. Looking to buy a YONEX nanospeed 9000X. Other than DAI Hung shop.. Any other shop you recommend..that sells genuine YONEX rackets..,

Want to buy soon.. Thanks in advance

13. hieupt

hieupt Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Hi CornChip,
    Are you Vietnamese?
    Is it possible for me to join your club as well? I'm intermediate player but I really love to play. Is there any foreigner in your club? I'd like to practice English sometimes?
    Actually, I play with my company in this T19 club every Saturday 11am - 1pm.

Hear from you soon,
    Hieu.

14. hieupt

hieupt Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Hi kc2626,
    Did you buy the racket yet? I think you can go to Hong Sport shop located on A43 Ky Dong street, Dist 1, HCMC (tel: 08 39250 146).
    Are you playing in any club in HCMC? Can you share the schedule? I'd like to join if any.

Thanks...

15. terencechan

terencechan Regular Member

Gosh, I miss playing in HCM.. Even though I can't speak Vietnamese, the games remained fun! If I ever get the chance to go back there, I won't miss the opportunity to join the badminton club again.

16. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    Do these courts sell rackets too? My gf is in VN and I was hoping she could pick up some rackets for me, but I don't know any shops besides a couple I found on the site. Maybe the courts have shops there too? It would be helpful if you guys can tell which shops sell real Yonex?

17. rdavout

rdavout New Member

I left HCMC but I did finally find a very good place to play during my last weeks there. I am sorry for the lack of details, but it shouldn't be too hard to find with my indications:

Q11 (?) in the small stadium next to a bigger one, circa 10 courts at the second floor. 25 000 VND a hour or maybe 15 000. Easy to get a court on Sundays and Saturdays, especially close to lunch hours (tends to fill up after the lunch break, so I would guarantee it at 100%); apparently even easier to get a court during business hours during week days.

I am sorry these indications are very incomplete. But I would have loved to find even half of this during my first months in the country...

++

18. AmourAce1000

AmourAce1000 Regular Member

marketing
    hi, i'm from Malaysia, and recently work at HCM city. i used to play badminton back in Mal, but now i had transfer to here, and looking to have anyone around this city that i can join to play. please give me some recommendation & advice, thanks.

19. hieupt

hieupt Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Hi, we plays every Saturday morning on Thanh Thai street, dist 10, 2 courts (10am - 1pm).

You are welcomed to my group! Let me know if you like.
    My email: hieu.phanthanh@gmail.com
    Phone: +84 90 33 79 222

20. AmourAce1000

AmourAce1000 Regular Member

marketing
    thank you for your prompt reply, hieupt.
    i'll contact u once i get my weapon ready.