Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    it's chen hong....i remembered it vividly....i was 12...i remembered wch got silver in the WC that year and hafiz got the all england title...golden age of malaysian singles badminton, got many players of high calibre back in those days. I also remembered the headlines on thestar on the day of the final "lee-thal weapon" referring to LCW

2. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

Ops my mistake. I want to write Hong but become Long. LOL :D

I used google translate too and gave up after that. :D

#9542 xsakurax, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  3. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
  4. ytam1

ytam1 Regular Member

Student
    [FONT=宋体]初步诊断为肌肉挫伤,内侧副韧带可疑拉伤,伴少量关节积液”
    [/FONT]

Initial diagnosis shows that he has (muscle) bruise ([FONT=宋体]肌肉挫伤), suspected MCL sprain ([/FONT][FONT=宋体]内侧副韧带可疑拉伤) with some fluids in the knee joint(s) ([/FONT][FONT=宋体]伴少量关节积液). The source is from a microblogger who may have connection with the hospital, not official though.
    [/FONT]

Although this does not sound too serious, it is definitely more than just cramping. Hope he will make a speedy recovery.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

6. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    LCW wish to hunt for WC title until 2016. saw in local news yesterday

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Twice opportunities to win the elusive WC title for Lee CW, Copenhagen 2014 and ...2015, good luck :)

8. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Why LCW makes it sounds like Malaysia is a temperate country with average temperature of 15 degree Celsius? Doesn't normal Malaysian players playing in non-airconditioner badminton courts not play in above 30 degree Celsius everytime?

9. julianng

julianng Regular Member

LCW is just a drama guy.... he's always trying to lose in different ways to LD so that his fans keep appreciating him.....

in WC'2011... he lost in a thrilling 3-game match with 2 match points against LD....
    in OG'2012.... he lost in another 3-game match against LD but with more fist pumps in every point...
    in AE'2013.... he retired with injury when LD was playing too good of a game for him to match....

this time in WC'2013.... he retire with injury only with LD having match point to spare.....

it will be interesting to see what he does when he loses to LD in a final of another major next time....

10. DerekN_24

DerekN_24 New Member

Student
    Are you freaking kidding me, any athletes will have problems with their body sooner or later. LCW did play the point even when he knows he was cramping up. Would you risk your body for a tournament? oh why did you only mention when LCW lost to lindan? AE 2011? LCW won in straight set? yea? remember that?

11. DerekN_24

DerekN_24 New Member

Student
    Are you freaking kidding me, any athletes will have problems with their body sooner or later. LCW did play the point even when he knows he was cramping up. Would you risk your body for a tournament? oh why did you only mention when LCW lost to lindan? AE 2011? LCW won in straight set? yea? remember that?

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

There's your error. Normal players. LCW and the whole ntl squad are used to at least sth below 30. Having had a tournament recently where the hall eventually went well over 30°C, I can agree that playing singles there is hell. I was lucky to play only doubles, but after the third rally (which was pretty long) my doubles partner turned to me and said "I can't breathe!".
    So when LCW says the 30+ bothered him, I believe him. He did not say LD only won because of it, which I wouldn't have believed (no one can know, but the OG final with constant conditions went the same way the WC did, after all).

13. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

I think you should just keep this thought for yourself. It's not quite healthy posting it around this thread

14. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

I think DPY lost to LCW in SF because of:

(1) DPY played 2 more hours than LCW in previous matches (4hrs 45mins vs 2hrs 50mins);

(2) DPY played a 1hr 15mins gruelling QF whilst LCW had a much easier 31mins match in QF.

If not, LCW should have lost to DPY in SF....

15. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

There will be only one winner from each match. Why always like to find some non-badminton factors to be the reasons of the loss?
    Aren't these inevitable part of every similar sports (e.g. different levels of opponents in the previous round, different playing time, etc...)?
    The same reason could be used if LD lost. LD lost because:

(1) BWF suddenly granted wild card to LD (therefore he did not have enough time to train and enter warm-up competitions)

(2) DPY played LCW in SF (therefore it sharpened LCW due to such a good practice, whilst LD was not used to high intensity competition coz his previous opponents were too weak)

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Most certainly not. Count how many times DPY won against LCW before....exactly. Once.

17. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Grow up ! Please open your eyes....

1 ) LCW vs WZM....purposely lose a straight set for LCW to save his energy against Tommy
    2 ) LCW vs DPY .... DPY's mission was to force a rubber set against LCW and lose it so he'll go to final
    3 ) LD vs CL .... CL's mission was to give a clear path for LD. Can you see it? Nobody can surpass CL in that draw.
    4 ) LCW vs LD ....real fight began !

* logically, if DPY vs LD in the final match, how much ticket do you think will be sold off ? Compare to if LCW vs LD. Do the math...and also why the hell BWF gave the wild card to LD if LCW will not be facing him?

* and the cliche part is, if China really wanted to stop LCW in the 1st place, they would put him against DPY and CL before facing LD. So again, do the math....

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

"Put him against" when the draw is done by the bwf, and randomly at that....yeah, you really thought this through. Regarding WZM, what a stupid idea. I mean really, what could they possibly achieve by saving LCW's energy....
    The only match that's suspicious is the LD vs CL one. And given LD's psychological advantage and CL's early loss against Tommy Sugiarto (in the IO), for example, I would tend to believe it wasn't fixed.
    I guess TS also lost easily on purpose? I mean if WZM did it, TS must've done it as well, or the score wouldn't have been so clear.....would it? :D Face it, man. LCW had no easy matches where he was 'given' a win or where anyone did anything on purpose besides scoring their own points.

#9558 j4ckie, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  19. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

Wow.. Just WOW!!! you are unbelievably impossible.. As much as I hate to see LCW lose, for you to think of all this??? Wow.. I dont know what else to say..
    I can do the math but can u see the sense in what you said?? Does it make any sense to you? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

20. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

You don't strike me as a fool. You're the one who said DPY lost to LCW due to more playing hours. Now you ask again what would they achieve? My 1st point answered already. And see what happen when TS faced him. There's only 3 hard matches for LCW which is against Rumbaka, DPY and LD. Which I also have a doubt LCW knew DPY will let him win but not with straight set. It's like he's playing along with this drama.

If you don't know what to say, why are you posting an empty post???? :confused::confused::confused::confused: Debate with me pls. I appreciate much of your insight as well. It made sense to me since LYB still with China team. Give me your opinion as well regarding points that I've mentioned.

* I may not have prove to show this 'randomness' isn't exactly as the word describe. But 1 thing I know is that once the draw has came out where LD and LCW isn't in a same group and CL also isn't the same path as LCW, I can already see who's going to play in the final match.

* Even if CL, WZM and DPY switching places, same drama will goes on which LCW will be facing LD in the end. A not-so-free-pass for LD and LCW met in final. Tickets sold off, channels paid off and both organizer and BWF shaking hands appreciating each other interests.