Anyone played using FAKE / COPY rackets?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Smasher8, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Smasher8

Smasher8 Regular Member

Telecommunication Business
    I have just bought 3 fakes rackets recently (MP99, AT700 & NS8000). Don't be surprised...I strung them at 31lbs. I have clashed one of my racket twice. There's not a single scratch on the racket. Don't get me wrong, I'm not encouraging people in BC to buy fakes. Just to share my experience with the fakes racket with all the BC'ers.

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Well..yeah.I've heard alot of these kind of news as well.Anyway,it's just the store keeper words..that it can't hold a high tension.Who knows what max tension exactly does these rackets can hold exactly.Hehe..Nice then,that u can string them that high.:D

3. Smasher8

Smasher8 Regular Member

Telecommunication Business
    True...that was what the people who sold to me said. He said his racket are exactly like the genuine racket and can hold high tension. Since I was always curious about the fakes, I just buy 3 different models and see if what he said is true. It really surprised me. I know there is LOW QUALITY FAKES & BETTER QUALITY FAKES.

Probably what I got must be the BETTER QUALITY FAKES. Lucky me..because I expect those rackets to crack or break with that high tension.

At least now, I have 3 more rackets in my collections.

4. Bluecoupe

Bluecoupe Regular Member

I bought a fake NS9K but when it arrived the head was warped... so i never really got to give it a go... think if i cut the strings and get it restrung then i could use it? :p

thinking about getting another racquet something i can smash more in when compared to my NS8K but thats a different topic... :)

5. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    I had a fake mp100 that looked pretty real at the time I bought it. It played horribly with bad accuracy, heavy vibrations, and it seemd to absorb any power you tried to put into your shots due to random flex. Don't buy fakes!

6. Retro_10s

Retro_10s Regular Member

I have totally left Yonex behind now after playing on Apacs rackets for 2years,.. I've Not come across a Yonex racket I prefer more than a genuine:D Apacs copy ;)

I've been Delighted with the Apacs brand,.. There's lots of talk of companies missing off screws that attach the handle to the shaft,.. I have found these screws in every Apacs racket I have used, the build quality appears to be just as good and the Feel and response of the rackets i use I just seem to prefer.

A couple of months ago, I was playing on my favorite match racket (apacs nanospeed 9000) along side my doubles partner who plays on a Yonex Nanospeed 7000,.. We clashed rackets and his racket simply exploded into 3 pieces, My 'Fake' racket came off with a single crack,.. and i even managed to finish off the match with it.

I'm not about to turn this into another bloody Apacs appreciation thread however lol,... I think the only argument you can realistically claim is that there are indeed good fakes and bad fakes,.. search around a bit and be careful what you buy and you'll find a racket you like and you wont have to shed out loads of money for it either.

I can understand why people would perhaps feel safer buying a major company branded racket like Yonex or Carlton,.. But this is how i feel about Apacs,.. it's all about what you're used to and what your opinions are and how well they have been researched before being formed.

Hope my ramblings make at least a limited amount of sense lol :eek:

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

There's 1 thing you are confused with: the "clones" (i.e. Apacs, Winex, Finnex, Yelnox, Fleet, etc) are NOT fakes. :(

The definition of fake is, the racket is poorly made without Yonex's authroization, but with an identical or close color scheme as the real one, and sold under "Yonex" lable.

I have no problem using (and I did use a few) decent made "clonex" brands, as long as they are from reputable manufactures with decent performance. However, I do have a problem to see ppl promote fakes, as it's simply against the law.

8. Retro_10s

Retro_10s Regular Member

no confusion,... the reason i call my rackets fake, is becuase My Apacs nanospeed 9000 has the same serial number on it as my mates Yonex Nanospeed 9000 at the club i play :eek:

unless he has a fake yonex. lol... it's all too complicated, in any case,.. I stand by my apacs any day over yonex rackets:D

9. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

that is some coincidence!!