SuperBowl

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by staples, Feb 3, 2008.

1. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

1 TD, GB over Chi
    1 TD Jets over Steel belts.

I thought the steelers had their SB last week. JETS for the touchdown;). We'll see how the Jets handle the Packs.

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Ooooo... it's getting personal now :p:p

I see the media is favouring the Jets because of "matchups". Once again the Steelers will prove what idiots they are.

All things equal, if both teams play their game, the Steelers should take it.

3. RSLvictorSOTX

From from it, I believe. All the media wants is a new twist, prolly tired of writing about the usual suspects. If however, the media nails this one (JETS), they'll be glorified. But hey, ain't the JETS good when they're great;)?

...by a touchdown:)!

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

([​IMG]) Almost totally forgot about the game. Joining in the 4th with 4 to go :eek:.

Tadatada @ the 35 :cool:

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

That was a most unentertaining game. Thank God the better team won. The Bears are nothing

6. RSLvictorSOTX

Of course, GB is the better team, any time! Like the Steelers is over the JETs, but, come on JETs...it's been along while already...just grunt it in, my goodness:eek:!

...and it's looking good for the Steelers and pretty ugly for the JETs right now:crying:!

#206 RSLvictorSOTX, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Sorry RSL, I don't want to say I told you so :eek:

8. RSLvictorSOTX

...hold that thought...it's not yet over:). ...well, it is:crying:. Guess, another 40+ years wouldn't be far-fetch huh:eek:?

#208 RSLvictorSOTX, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

LIke I said, I don't want to say I told you so.

10. RSLvictorSOTX

Admittedly, Packers and Steelers are the better teams respectively. Can't wait.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You're a good sport. Early prediction?

12. RSLvictorSOTX

I hope it'll be close. But I think it'll be lopsided, more likely, there'll be 1 TD pass for each half. Then, either side make a regrettable mistake.

13. RSLvictorSOTX

The colder it gets, the better it is for Green Bay Packers, I actually believed it!

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The stadium is semi covered so the temperature won't be a big factor. Besides both are cold weather teams so there won't be an advantage either way.

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Those were the Favre days ;). Now with Rodgers & Co. a dome environment would suit them (better). Seem to have read yesterday the roof can close of the new stadium(?) and will be on the night.
    Of course if they were to play San Diego or one of those, the colder the better :D.

#215 demolidor, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  16. RSLvictorSOTX

Oh please, roof? ...like chicken wings in a Ziplock bag inside a freezer:)? Men, those joints are gonna get extra crispy and crunchy! Go Rodgers Go! ...well Ben, we all know about Ben but I would definitely keep an eye only on Mendenhall.

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[​IMG]

Ten Things I'll Be Watching For This Weekend

1. The quarterback battle. Ben Roethlisberger could cement his place among the immortals with a third Super Bowl win in his first seven years in the NFL, while Aaron Rodgers has been The Next Big Thing at the position since summertime. I wouldn't be surprised if either of these guys plays an MVP game and throws for 350 yards.

2. More points than most people think. The over-under on the game is 45. At my Tweetup in Dallas on Thursday night, a guy asked me my prediction of the score. "Pittsburgh, 33-27,'' I said. He gleefully said he was betting the over. Don't put that responsibility on me for losing the mortgage, but I will say I will be surprised, very surprised, if these teams don't score a combined 50 or more points.

3. Saturday's big labor meeting. In case you hadn't heard, this is the last football game for seven months ... or maybe quite longer. Judging by the harsh tone of the NFLPA's press conference Thursday, I doubt much will get done at the Saturday session, the first big meeting the two sides have had since Thanksgiving week.

4. Saturday's other big meeting. The 44 Pro Football Hall of Fame selectors gather Saturday in downtown Dallas to pick the 2011 class of enshrinees. I expect Deion Sanders to moonwalk in, and from talking to some of my peers on the committee, I'd say the next most-logical guy is Marshall Faulk. After that, it's the usual maelstrom. My best guess -- and that is all it is, because I am consistently wrong on this -- is that the other three slots (assuming we elect the maximum five modern-era candidates) will go to Richard Dent, Shannon Sharpe and NFL Films founder Ed Sabol. But if Cris Carter, Charles Haley, Andre Reed, Tim Brown, Curtis Martin, Dermonti Dawson, Willie Roaf or Jerome Bettis have their name called Saturday night on NFL Network when the class is announced, I will not be surprised.

5. How this area handles the worst weather in 20 years. Good timing, eh? This place feels more like Calgary than Texas. I went to four stores in the past 48 hours, looking for a true winter coat. Sold out, everywhere. Plows ... what plows? Salt? For roads you need Zambonis to travel on? Who needs salt.

6. How Green Bay defends Rashard Mendenhall. It's no secret that the Packers will put their 1,117 pounds of noseman beef -- Howard Green, Ryan Pickett, B.J. Raji -- in the lineup on first downs and obvious run plays. And I'd guess the Steelers will counter by throwing more on first down than they normally do. It'll be an interesting chess match.

7. The distractions will mean nothing. Ben Roethlisberger and friends out until 1 a.m. at a piano bar, singing, "Piano Man,'' was reported by TMZ the other day. I care nothing about it. Absolutely nothing. But in Super Bowl week, a 28-year-old jillionaire quarterback having a few beers with his friends apparently is news (and don't give me this idiocy that Roethlisberger shouldn't have done it because the last time he was in a bar publicly it was a bad scene). I love what Mike Tomlin said about it: "Anybody who cares anything about what is reported during Super Bowl week is nuts.''

8. Doug Legursky-B.J. Raji. A vital battle on the line. How will Legursky, making his first start at center, fare against the powerfeul lineman? I'll be inside Steeler practice as the pool reporter today.

9. The Black-Eyed Peas. Last month, in a Super Bowl planning meeting, Commissioner Roger Goodell asked, "Are they going to play that, 'I Got A Feeling' song?' " I should hope so. If they do, Sunday night's going to be a good night.

10. The game. We might not see another one for a long time. Savor what should be a great Super Bowl.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...02/04/super-bowl-xlv/index.html#ixzz1D2owiYiF

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Haha, we do have on of those here. The roof's only purpose: to keep the downpour out. The four corners have openings creating a permanent draught and it's still hella cold because of it ...

19. RSLvictorSOTX

Actually the draught from four corners is all it takes to really freeze dry em up!.. Center Pouncey is out but who cares, I'd still be watching out for Mendenhall! At any rate, Aaron Rodgers is it come SuperBowl XLV!

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Wonder if the teams can handle the draught/drift as expertly as a LD or LCW can, hehe (this is, after all, Badminton Central)

A ESPN poll among it's experts/analysts/writers/hangers-on came up with 37 favouring Green Bay to 12 for the the Steelers. I guess it (steel) curtains for the Packers then :p

I'm looking forward to a classic between 2 iconic NFL franchises with the black and gold hoisting their 7th Lombardi.

GO STEELERS