Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  2. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I was also surprised by this casualness throughout the whole of game 2, and I don't actually think she was nervous. She was one set away from the title but it was like she was never interested of taking charge in the set. And her match points went by so quickly. But some people has pointed out she looked really tired so maybe it was fatigue.

But also, she had won 4 titles in a row and was about to win her 5th. Maybe she was getting too comfortable and cocky. It might be good for her to have this loss now, and she will get some hunger back again.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i too agree that it seems like she was struggling with stamina during the match.

but good thing is that stamina can be corrected with hardwork. when it comes to techniques and physique, not so easy. ;)

4. laonong

laonong Regular Member

WYH will go for sure. LXR will go almost for sure.
    I guess is WX>WSX because WX can beat Tine.

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    My feeling is, LXR has the stamina. She has played a lot of 3-game matches, and an almost trademark feature for her is that she appears to get stronger in the third game as most others tend to lose a little steam.

But if your glands are spontaneously reacting to an overload of external stimulii like you would expect at the Istora on finals day, your body can do funny things. (I think the same thing happened as well to DPY in the MS finals. His expressions and eyes told the story.) The good thing is, the human body carries memory of experiences and reactions, so she will not make the same mistake twice. :D

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..actually just over a month (5 weeks or so) left..

7. ikcud

ikcud Regular Member

student
    I hope LXR makes it to the olympic games. She's been tearing it up lately. I think she would of had the ok auto if she won this one. But I don't know now...

8. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Well only WYH has consistently defeated Saina, so she definitely will be in, so will LXR.
    My bet is WSX will be dropped.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No,LXR must not develop a crutch mentality and has to wean off her dependence on her coach. She has to become a self-analytical player and acquire through experience the ability to cope with all sorts of situations and playing environment. It's early days yet in her blossoming career.

Losing that match against Saina which she should have won by her superior skills was a minor setback but,most importantly, a valuable unforgettable lesson that will further strengthen,enrich and enhance her knowledge, experience, and inner belief. This rising phoenix will soar even higher and spread her wings wide to cover a reasonably long and illustrious career. Resolve and willpower shall get her there.:)

10. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    The way Li Yongbo delayed the selection and finalisation of the WS dept reflects so much of internal disputes and conflicts which show China is not confident of winning the gold now in WS..

Bad times for China. I hope Wang Yihan doesn't fall prey to any dark horse and Li Xuerui gets a decent draw to meet Wang Yihan in the semifinal.

Wang Xin is far too unstable....Maybe we were too concerned and expected too much from her but hey Wang Xin never does well in Indonesia particularly. Wang Shixian ...i am speechless. But then again, I feel she would suddenly burst into flames of confidence and rejuvenation if she suddenly got a surprise call to play in London. We could see the same Wang Shixian playing in the Asian Games.

Chinese players tend to do alright in Europe especially England btw.

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I don't think there is any need to read too much into the lost by LXR (or WYH) in this year Indonesian Open.

Since this year's IO doesn't count (as a OLY qualification), most players' primary objective is to avoid injury or fatigue. Winning is secondary.

12. repentedboy

student la
    Wang Yihan is China's final trump card/resolution. The other chinese players are there to support her as it now stands.

Wang Yihan vs Li Xuerui in the semifinal (Li Xuerui to give walkover to Wang Yihan to play in the gold medal match)

Wang Xin/Wang Shixian ( still undecided ) ; Their task in the other half is harder but their job is at least to go as far as they could.

Wang Xin cannot cope as a top seeded player..I fear she would bump into Bae Younjoo/Sung Jihyun/ Schenk/ Tai Tzu Ying and get knocked out early. Wang Shixian could deal with Korean players and Tai Tzu Ying ....

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for the reminder. You made a point which I've been saying throughout the tournament but have now forgotten about it. It also more or less explains some unusual early exits and non-appearance, such as Cai/Fu, Chen Jin,Chen Long,Sho Sasaki,Lee Hyun Il,Shon Wan Ho..., and maybe that's why coaches ZN and XXZ weren't there.

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Wang Xin is the most dependable/reliable WS player in recent history. She has never failed to deliver when it matters the most. As you know, there is no early elimination round in OLY2012.

Glad you have repented.:)

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Some things are best left unsaid,we should respect each other's privacy and human rights to freedom of expression subject to limitations of slander,libel,obscenity and incitement to commit a crime, and carries special duties and responsibilities. Besides,you and I know that guy isn't the only one, so we should apply the same upright standard across the board with a clear conscience without fear or favour.:)

16. repentedboy

student la
    Wang Xin's major campaigns:

World Championships 2010 : Silver (convincingly beaten by WL)
    World Championships 2011 : Bronze (walkover to WYH)
    Asian Games 2010 : Silver (lost to WSX)

Wang Yihan's major campaign:

World Championship 2009 and 2010 were early exits; Only to succeed in London a year later

Wang Shixian performance in world has been poor but in the Asian Games she won gold at first try

Li Xuerui has no major tournament experience

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

My picks among the 4 CHN WS are clear by now, namely, Wang Yihan, Li Xuerui, and Wang Xin.

#377 Justin L, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  18. bdfreak87

bdfreak87 Regular Member

u were saying the 2011 WC game btw WX and WYH was fake?

19. repentedboy

student la
    WX lost to CSC a month before the WC . WYH has better against either Schenk or CSC.

That's why.

20. repentedboy

student la
    Li Xuerui will not go far in the Olympics if she meets Wang Yihan in the semis. Unless WYH gets accidentally knocked out by the dark horse, the All England jinx will come true.