Gabrielle White

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by yourbestfriend, Mar 30, 2009.

1. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    maybe should open a new thread for upcoming european players...

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Be our guest........!!

3. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    Last picture that General Foo didn't like was probably one taken a year or two ago, thus looking a bit younger and not as polished.

I believe she has a lot of potential if she can get fitter and stronger. It seemed like her conditioning was holding her back. She needs to work hard like Gails Emms did. I remember reading how Gail put in a lot of work before she got the results she did with Nathan. Even took up yoga to gain more flexibility.

I also don't think it's wrong for us to appreciate her looks either. Coming from England, with looks like that, if she can prove herself with results as well, she could be a great promoter of the sport like Maria Sharapova did for tennis.

4. metalmon1188

metalmon1188 Regular Member

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

6. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
  7. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    I wish they have more exposure. The last and only time I was able to watch Jenny and Gabby was in the AE 2009. I think I was able to watch Gabby partnered with Chris. Can't remember which tournament. I haven't seen Nate and Wallwork play as partners. Can any of you guys direct me to their videos?

8. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

we saw a lot of her recently in the SS masters finals.
    can't say they did too well though, especially given the top CHN, KOR and INA pairs weren't around.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Here is one..

if looking through youtube:
    Robertson & Wallwork:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-YY1fE8miA
    Adcock & White:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvhuyzMIODA

As for the rest, you can scour their videos in the Badminton Tournamet Video Sharing sub-forum.

#29 ctjcad, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  11. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    I met her when she was playing for yorkshire , i dont know if she still play for them (didnt get to play against them ) . she is a talented player ....young ..still learning :)

12. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
  13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    gabby white and chris adcock

Badminton All England 2010: Chris Adcock and Gabby White find off-court chemistry
    Chris Adcock and Gabby White, Great Britain's young hopefuls for the 2012 Olympics, believe their off-court relationship will hold them in good stead at this week's All England Open, the tournament's 100th edition.

By Rod Gilmour
    Published: 9:45AM GMT 08 Mar 2010

The world No 20 pair, who won countless titles at junior level culminating with world silver in 2007, are one of England's leading mixed doubles pairings but head to Birmingham knowing that no home player has been seeded in any of the five events.

Adcock said: "It is always tough playing against the Asians as they are the force in the sport at the moment.

Training six days a week at Badminton England's HQ in Milton Keynes and then going home as a real-life couple is clearly not a burden for the left and right-handed duo.

And Adcock believes that their courting romance has blossomed to such an extent that their already fast, attacking style means that they can react to different situations in tournaments.

"We are both professional people and when we come to the court we talk about the game and what needs work on," he said. "We try to separate it when we're at home but it can spill over sometimes - in a positive way.

"It shows that we understand each other as a partnership and how we can react in different situations. People say it is a negative but we see it the other way. We can understand each other a lot more in pressure situations."

White, 20, said: "When there is an Olympics around the corner you are always more determined and motivated. And the All England is my favourite tournament and is such a good event to play at."

Gabby White
    The Leeds-born player has won a mixed doubles silver at the world junior championships two years ago. She claimed two bronze medals at the 2007 Australian Youth Olympic Festival hasn't looked back. Won her first national cap at the age of 12.

Chris Adcock
    Bright prospect in both men's (partnering Robert Blair) and mixed categories. Won 12 National titles as a junior, becoming England's most successful junior player. Double Gold medallist at both 8 and 6 nations in the U15 and U17 groups. Perhaps the best bet for 2012 is the pairing of Blair, who has been competing for England since 2001.

The 100th All England Open Championships take place at the NIA, Birmingham from March 9-14.