armortec 900 power?armortec 900 technique?or armortec 700?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by marckevin20, May 30, 2007.

1. shaoyut

shaoyut Regular Member

the technique is more similar to nanospeed series and 900 is like 700

2. gavias

gavias Regular Member

The grommet system its not important!?

1. Explain why you consider that the differences are not very small. For sure all the palyers that have tested the rackets are interested in your different opinion.

2. You are saying that you didn't noticed anything about the grommet system. That means that in your opinion have the grommet system that has been adopted to AT900s (and other older models) or the old one is the same?

3. You string your rackets, Ok, great, congratulations. But I cannot analyse what happens with you and with the minorities, because as you know the majority of the players don't string their rackets, right?

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    AT700- very head heavy, stiff, short handle, box x-section
    AT900P- head heavy, very stiff, long handle, box x-section
    AT900T- moderate balance, stiff, long handle, aero x-section.
    I'd consider balance and stiffness, as well as handle length all more important than grommet system. I mean...Grommets don't make a difference until they break, and I'm pretty sure that it's easy to get grommets replaced when they break.

And what Jerby meant- when playing with a racquet, the grommet system doesn't really affect the power, speed, responsiveness, vibration, etc of the racquet. Perhaps thats why he didn't really notice.

4. gavias

gavias Regular Member

I never said that the grommet system is the most important, or is more important then balance or stiffness!

You are saying that its easy to get grommets. Perhaps be easy (I doubt if we are talking about Yonex grommets) in your country. In my country isn't.

The box is in delta shape, right?

By curiosity, which one you prefer for singles play, AT900P or AT700, and why?

5. Athelete1234

Student
    I dont' have the 900P, but I swung it around and it felt kind of similar to the 700, but a bit faster. I generally use the 700 in all types of play; the head heaviness doesn't really affect my defense, doesn't really make my control that much worse. Power is great for the 700.

IMO, don't sweat about the grommets stuff. I know that it's a a difference that might affect your power, control, etc, but I was just pointing out that there are a few more things that are a tad bit more important :D:D. As for the box shape; it's what it sounds like. I has a wide, flat surface on the all sides of the frame, so it's not very aerodynamic, according to other members, it's similar to the old carbonex frames. Definately not good for speed, but great for face stability.

6. gavias

gavias Regular Member

AT 700 Weight

Your 700 is 3U or 4U?

7. Athelete1234

Student
    It's a 3UG4 model.

8. gavias

gavias Regular Member

This test is for a 3U or 4U? And the Grip is 3 or 4?

9. rryz3365

rryz3365 Regular Member

Student
    Same I got an Armortec 900 Power and Technique haha getting it next month.