Any info on Rian Sukmawan?

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by mnda_315, May 17, 2005.

1. yannie

yannie Regular Member

I dunno where Frans went? Lmao.. Maybe on the floor *erm.. Hahaha jk.. no idea.. Hotel? I thought all those players must stay in hotel during the Superliga.. Hahaha.. Why you didn't go to their houses *faint.

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I heard that the Djarum team is staying in a hotel close to the Superliga venue. My best guess is that they choose to stay there to avoid the nasty Jakarta traffic. Getting from one corner of the city to the other can be hellish... :p Better stay close by...

3. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Krisna, Rian-Yoke playing tomorrow or not?

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I am not sure... You might even see Rian-Fran! ;) Their team has 6 doubles players with good abilities. They can switch around at will. Today I peeked and saw Sigit-Luluk playing together, then I saw Yoke-Ahsan and numerous other combos... and I think I even saw Rian-Fran playing as a pair [but I'm not sure]... :p

5. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Hahaha.. Today.. when Rian online, I was busy, so he told me he will go to sleep first.. Now too late.. can't ask him.. Sigh.. Please, Rian-Fran combo!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I will watch the afternoon [2pm onwards] and the evening matches [6:30pm onwards]. Can't give you live updates... but I will inform you when I get home. :)

Since they are playing Musica tomorrow, I think Rian's team will just give their experimental pairs, not necessarily their strongest pair. Chances of Rian-Fran appearing: 35%. :p [this is my wild wild guess, ok? don't ask me why 35%]

Just for fun, in your opinion, what are the chances of Rian-Fran appearing, yannie? :p

7. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Hahaha.. thanks Krisna.. So I'll either get the result from him or you..

Chances of Rian-Fran appearing? I think 20%.. Don't ask me why too.. it's just a wild guess.. Hahaha however I think Rian-Sigit will be more possible.. Dunno why.. Maybe since they share room.. Hahaha okay stupid argument..

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ha ha ha... we shall see... Regardles of the combo, it will be fun tomorrow. Too bad you are not here to enjoy Indonesia's 10 day badminton party...

9. aaron_11

aaron_11 Regular Member

student
    rian..

hmm.. rian sukmawan.. never see him play b4.. but through his previos record wit eng hian i can see tat there is a great talent in him... maybe they gonna be indon no1 pair 1 day.. overtaking markis kido n hendra setiawan.. :Dhaha.. hope to see him play 1 day... btw im new here.. so nice to meet u guys.. lolx:)

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Welcome aaron_11... :D I hope Rian will one day compete against your favorites [KKK-TBH] and have an entertaining match for us fans... ;)

11. aaron_11

aaron_11 Regular Member

student
    my favorites?? u mean my personal favorite or my country favourites?? haha.. personally i don really support them.. maybe support them coz they r malaysian.. haha.. but 1 respect kkk 4 his skills on court n also not to forget tbh.. has rian n eng hian played kkk n tbh b4??

12. yannie

yannie Regular Member

hi aaron.. hahaha welcome to BC.. hmm, i think krisna read ur profile.. it says kkk/tbh are ur favourite MD players..

hahaha, rian said when they were younger.. he always beat tbh and kkk.. btw, at one time, when they were still juniors, some indonesian and malaysian players went gambling.. including rian.. they all lost, except kkk - he was the only guy who won! hahaha.. lucky kkk..

13. aaron_11

aaron_11 Regular Member

student
    ohh... i just put them coz they r in top form now(maybe not now :p)... haha.. but i prefer rexy n ricky... haha... they r the all time best double in the world... well... chinese r usually good at gambling.. lolx..

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yes, I read your profile, aaron_11, just like yannie said. That's why I said your favorites are KKK-TBH. :p I like Ricky-Rexy very much too. They were awesome!

However, my all-time favorites are still Liem Swie King-Kartono. When I first became badminton fan, they were the top INA pair and regular winner over Li Yongbo-Tian Bingyi.... ;)

I am from Semarang, the capital of Central Java province, like Rian, so naturally we were more inspired by fellow Central Javanese players like King-Kartono. :D They got a lot of publicity and adulation in Semarang.

15. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Thai Open draw out already.
    Rian/Yoke vs LYD/JJS in first round.. Kasian..
    Sigit/Fran vs LWW/CTF.

16. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    Yes yes.. Kesian indeed... LYD/JJS vs Rian/Yoke. Hmm... CHEER for LYD/JJS!! :p
    too bad there's no Rian/Fran :p :) :rolleyes: :cool:

17. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Correct prediction!

Wow, your prediction came true! We did see Rian-Sigit combo today! :eek:

Rian Sukmawan - Sigit Budiarto vs. Ade Lukas-Hadi Saputra 25-23, 21-14
    :D

After Andre won over Lee Tsuen Seng, Rian-Sigit made it 2-0 for Djarum. Later on, Djarum won 4-1 over Musica Champions

18. aaron_11

aaron_11 Regular Member

student
    omg.. i think its end of the road for rian/yoke in the first round.. sorry yannie.. haha.. hmm.. n for rian/fran and ctf/lww match, i think mas should be able to overcome them coz the r the top seed... haha.. malaysia boleh!! faint..

19. aaron_11

aaron_11 Regular Member

student
    wow.. andre beat lts... hmm too bad for lts.. haha.. andre is a good player indeed... all the best djarum.. haha

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Oh, they are using a "league" system... all clubs within their pool will meet each other for the next 7 days. So tomorrow, we actually can see a Rian-Fran combo... ;)