LCW+Misbun combination

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ixory, Mar 30, 2007.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

It was alexyong. I get very irritated everytime I see his comments, only thinks that Lin Dan is the best and he kept saying LCW should retire after LCW lost to LD in the last year China Masters semi-finals. Wonder why so many people from Singapore dislikes LCW and likes Lin Dan? :confused:

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Misbun: Chong Wei’s the best of the lot

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/3/17/sports/5876612&sec=sports

Chong Wei, the 2008 Beijing Olympic silver medallist, started the season by winning the Korean Open for the first time and followed it up with a successful Malaysian Open title defence.
    “Chong Wei is the best Malaysian player of the modern game. He has a lot of special skills but more importantly, he is willing to work hard,” said Misbun.
    “He can undergo tough training without any complaint and I think this is what makes him stand out from the rest.
    “The fact that he has won all three Super Series titles thus far this year is a special achievement for him. It is harder now as the sport is evolving, game wise and also equipment wise.
    “But if Chong Wei can keep himself fit and avoid injuries as he is not getting any younger, he can overcome any obstacle.”

3. undeadshot

How about the past Malaysia heroes? :confused::confused::confused:

4. Dolphin

Dolphin Regular Member

Electronics Engineer, Transport Systems
    modern era

Let's read the article more carefully. I don't think the past Malaysia heroes were from the modern era. Anyway, the main point is that LCW is willing to go the extra mile.

“Chong Wei is the best Malaysian player of the modern game. He has a lot of special skills but more importantly, he is willing to work hard,” said Misbun.

5. undeadshot

Oh, hehe I missed it. Definitely, who else in the modern era from Malaysia has an AE title and OG Silver + alot of SS titles?

6. Dolphin

Dolphin Regular Member

Electronics Engineer, Transport Systems
    yup. it is impossible to compare modern era players and those of the 60's and before. playing styles and equipment have evolved greatly since then, and besides, in those days china was out of the picture.

7. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

I wouldn't go so far as to say Lindan is afraid of LCW. I regconize his achievement and ability. Lindan is good, damn good in fact but he is not a badminton god. Skill wise, both Lindan and LCW is about the same with different attribute. Lindan have better attacking skill while LCW defend better.

Tactically I would give Lindan the edge cause LCW's gameplay is a little predictable. All things considered, Lindan is the better player cause he tend not to choke in big events (yes I realize Lindan choke in Thomas Cup 08 but that was 2 years ago).

Whatever it is, LCW is still the pride of the country. Now if only he would take a picture with me so I can put it on my facebook.

8. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

No, he decided to go for broke, meaning rush attacking at the moment of serve. Unfortunately his action was predictable (he tend to lean and move a little when he want to rush a service......... check out Sudirman cup 09 when he was playing with Jan. I notice this in a lot of match when they make close up shot).

Tago read what he was doing and made a flick serve instead.

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    that flick was good for lcw but not good for tago. it made lcw more alert and lost his nervousness thats why he won!

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Now what?

This combination fails again.

So, the thread title should be changed to - DLCW + Misbun combination going downhill?

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    hiya, dato

off form this round la, everyday sunday, mei?

so how? still want to change the title?

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of The Star :

Misbun quits as national singles coach

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Coach Misbun Sidek literally started the New Year with a bang.
    Yesterday, the former international dropped a bombshell on the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM). Out of the blue, Misbun tendered his resignation as the national singles coach.
    And Misbun’s quit decision may probably trigger the walkout of several national players from BAM, including his blue-eyed world number one Lee Chong Wei.
    [​IMG] Influential figure: Misbun Sidek’s quit decision may probably trigger the walkout of several national players from the BAM.
    The move is considered untimely as Chong Wei and the other players are getting ready for three major tournaments this month – the Super Series Masters Finals in Taiwan (Jan 5-9), Malaysian Open (Jan 18-23) and Korean Open (Jan 25-29).
    And there could be further ramifications, especially with Chong Wei being targeted to do well in this year’s World Championships and next year’s Olympic Games in London.
    Kenny Goh, the BAM’s general manager, confirmed yesterday that Misbun had called it quits through a letter sent via e-mail to the BAM’s office on Dec 31.
    Kenny, however, refused to divulge the reasons behind Misbun’s surprise exit.
    “Misbun did not state any reasons but said that his resignation will take effect from Jan 3. Personally, I am surprised with the letter. I have informed president Datuk Seri Nadzmi (Mohd Salleh) and secretary Ng Chin Chai. I have also forwarded the e-mail to all the exco members,” said Kenny. “A meeting on this matter will take place after our president returns from overseas on Jan 4. It is still too early to comment on the reasons behind Misbun’s resignation. We are still in shock.”
    It is no secret that the long-serving coach Misbun was unhappy since the BAM revamped their coaching and training structure five months ago.
    In a bid to strengthen their structure, the BAM placed Misbun in the elite team under the charge of his younger brother Rashid. To add to his frustrations, two of his players - his son Misbun Ramdan and Wong Mew Choo – were removed from his care.
    Ramdan was put under the charge of Hendrawan in the back-up squad while Mew Choo went to train under national women’s singles coach Wong Tat Meng.
    Ramdan, however, has yet to report to Hendrawan for training . He has been training diligently under his father, much to the dismay of the BAM.
    Misbun’s assistant coach Teh Seu Bock was also removed. But after some plea bargainings by Misbun and Chong Wei, Seu Bock returned to the elite squad.
    In fact, Seu Bock will be accompanying Chong Wei to Taiwan for the Super Series Masters Finals today.
    Misbun had also been under pressure following the below par performances of several back-up players - Liew Daren, Tan Chun Seang, Chan Kwong Beng and Chong Wei Feng. The matter was discussed at the coaching and training committee meeting (CNT) on Thursday.
    Kenny, however, doubted that Misbun’s resignation was caused by the discussion at the CNT.
    “It was like any other ordinary CNT meeting. We spoke in length on all the coaches’ reports. All the coaches were present except for Rexy Mainaky (doubles coach). It was a fruitful meeting,” said Kenny.
    When asked whether Misbun’s quit decision would trigger a walkout by the players, Kenny said: “Misbun is a professional coach. He would have put much thought on his decision and putting national interest above all else. I doubt that this will take place.
    “We cannot say that Misbun’s resignation will be a loss because we have not accepted his decision yet. Let Nadzmi and the exco look into it first.”
    Under Misbun, Malaysia saw Mohd Hafiz Hashim winning the All-England in 2003 and Chong Wei nailing the 100th edition of the oldest badminton tournament last year. Chong Wei also won a silver medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach

wow..just wow..:eek:

maybe kenny is in shock?

and eventhough if he is in that state or not,

such a statement is still uncalled for:eek:

#253 pBmMalaysia, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Will they reconcile? Hmm...

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LCW+Misbun combination should leave BAM and go independent

IMHO, if LCW+Misbun could find private sponsors for their combination, they should leave BAM and go independent.

Why allow BAM to be their boss; a boss who is always complaining? :(:(:(

#255 chris-ccc, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Yes, I agree MS and LCW should hold their heads high and leave with dignity. This clean break will be good for both MS+LCW and BAM. It will also be a real test of which system is better, going their separate ways or staying with BAM and learn how to take orders.

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Learn how to take orders......

They have been taking orders for so many years, so now it's time for a change. :):):)

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Funny, but this is not the tune you were singing on the other thread.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ingles-coach&p=1595766&viewfull=1#post1595766

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ingles-coach&p=1595770&viewfull=1#post1595770

You're not working both sides of the street, are you???

19. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
  20. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Whether they are still with BAM or not, i'm confident that Datuk LCW and Datuk Misbun combination will continue be it in a formal or informal way. Since Datuk Misbun has known Datuk LCW from PBA since he was 17 y.o and the one who is behind his current achievements when Datuk Misbun starts coaching singles with BAM for the past 7 years, he will ocntinue to seek advice from Datuk Misbun as his loyalty to him is without no question.

If in any case that BAM ultimately unable to persuade Datuk Misbun and then Datuk LCW quits BAM, follows him and opt. to become professional, it's BAM that will be the one at the end will feel the heat in any NSC meetings because as a sports body under NSC, their achievement depends hugely from the success of any of their players under their flagship and in terms of achievements in the International arena currently, no player that contributed huge success under BAM other than Datuk LCW ( the other will be KKK/TBH).