India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Let's forget about that spoiled kid. Thing are different now compared to before. So Gopi should avoid controversy. I have no doubt that Gopi is very impartial and the best person to bring Indian badminton to the next level. There are hidden hands behind this drama. As for Prajaktha and Gutta, they won't reachreach far with this kind of attitude.

#161 rogerv2, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Saina is not the only face of Indian badminton: Jwala

Rohan Koli,
    Mid-Day, November 11, 2012

http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2012/...t-the-only-face-of-Indian-badminton-Jwala.htm

Excerpts:

...Gutta, who has been named one of the five Indian icon players for the six-city IBL, said: “Doubles players have done well for India, but have always been discriminated against. Just because Saina (Nehwal) is under national coach (Pullela) Gopichand, that does not make her the ONLY face of Indian badminton. Earlier, there was Prakash (Padukone), then Gopi and now it’s Saina.

Apart from her though, right now, there are doubles players like myself, V Diju, Ashwini (Ponnappa), etc who have helped gain recognition for the sport and country. Diju and myself qualified for the Olympics, something that never happened before. So, this change in Indian badminton is a collective effort,”

...“In Srinagar earlier this year during a national tournament, Gopichand, (Parupalli) Kashyap and PV Sindhu were felicitated, but no one bothered about Ashwini and Diju, who were also at that tournament. Is this not discrimination? “I was not felicitated after winning a World Championship medal last year. So, when we say such things, people should understand why we are doing so. At the end of the day, it hurts us too,” the Hyderabadi told Sunday MiD DAY

...“I am not taking sides here, nor do I have any personal grudge against Gopi. My only question is that he being the national coach, who also runs a private academy, does that not bring about a conflict of interest? And I want the authorities to answer my question.”

...The 2010 Delhi Commonwealth doubles gold medalist signed off, saying something that would disappoint many a badminton lover: “Players in every field need motivation, but unfortunately this is lacking in Indian badminton. If this continues, it’s bad for the future of the sport in our country — particularly in doubles. “I’m not proud to say this, but right now, there is no established doubles player in India after me. I would never want my kids to take up badminton as I wouldn’t want them to suffer.”

3. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Now it is very clear why Gutta is making a big fuss. I rest my case.

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Ha ha.. Got the answer from her statements. She is extremely jealous !!!!!!.. Saina has proved it in the court. She is consistent playing all the chinese and beating them even in their home soil. And the young shuttler sindhu is also doing good. Already junior asian champion and beaten olympic champion . She is just 17. And kashyap is the first man who reached quarterfinals in the olympics. So, there is atleast some reason to felicitate them. For winning a medal in world championships, jwala got so many rewards. Even i have noticed that then and there. But the point here is the contract which saina has received made everybody to watch with their mouths opened.:eek: Prove it and get it. Even if sindhu does it, definitely, they will do it to her. What sachin is got today, its because of his own talent. Similarly it goes to saina also. Because of her, i am here. She is extremely simple and decent, no glamour pull offs, no publicity stunts and first of all no anti-teacher remarks. According to me, if you respect teachers, god will give that art fully. That i believe a lot. I have seen all these qualities in the three people who got felicitated by BAI.

5. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    [h=1]Highlights of the proposed Indian Badminton League[/h]
    - The IBL will offer USD 1-million (approx Rs 5.5cr) in prize money to the 6-city based franchise teams. The inaugural IBL season will run for 18 days, from June 24 – July 11, 2013. - This is the richest prize-money tournament in badminton in the world. - The IBL will offer attractive appearance fees to all the players – first time in a badminton tournament anywhere in the world. - 65 per cent of the prize money will go to the winning team and 35 per cent of the prize money to the runners-up team. - The winning franchise will take home more than Rs 3.5 crore. Participation: - The world’s top-ranked players will participate in the IBL. - Almost all the top-ranked players from China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Denmark, Germany and Korea have confirmed their participation. - All the Indian national players will be available for the IBL. - Each franchise team will comprise of 11 players. -Four foreigners allowed in every team. -A maximum of three foreign players can be fielded in a match. -Each team to have one Icon Player. -Mandatory for each team to have one India junior player in their ranks. Format: - Six franchise-based city teams to compete. - Franchise numbers will increase over time with founder franchise’s rights protected. - Franchises will play each other at least once. - Matches to be played on Sudirman Cup format. Each team tie will comprise of one Men’s Singles, Women’s Singles, Men’s Doubles, Women’s Doubles & Mixed Doubles event. Team that wins three out of five matches wins the tie. - Two-day city format to be applied. This means all five teams first visit one host city, play the matches and then the ‘Shuttle Express’ moves to another city for the next round of matches. - Each franchise to play minimum of five ties; total 25 league matches, 2 semifinals and 1 final. - IBL will be played under rules and regulations of Badminton World Federation & Badminton Association of India. Base Prices (in USD) and No. of players: Icon Player (1): 50,000 Foreigners (Top-10, 3): 25,000 Foreigners (No.11-25; 1): 15,000 Foreigners (No.26 and above; 1): 5,000 Indian top-20 in world rankings (1): 20,000 India international (2): 10,000 India National (1): 5,000 Junior players (1): 3,000 Per team: 2 MS; 2 WS; 3 MD; 2 WD; 2XD Total: 11 Other features: - Bollywood Nights/Entertainment/Carnival atmosphere - 10,000 school fans Outreach - Live telecast in more than 150 countries - Celebrity endorsements/ Brand Ambassadors - Charity association

6. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Something like the Axiata cup which I really liked.
    I am still confused after reading the terms of this competition.

#166 rogerv2, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  7. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    china have a team.????OH!yeah may be some chinese company which wanted to enter into Indian market might use this opportunity by buying a franchise.

8. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Yeah maybe.
    Can someone who understand all this ambiguous statements on the terms of this competition please explain it to me?

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    OMG.. Would there be any team owned by china?.. Truly BAI need to think twice before doing this. Because i have never seen a single player in CBSL which china is conducting. I have seen so many players except indian players like saina, sindhu or any male players. If they are doing like that, why should we call those chinese players . In Axiata cup also, i dont see any china players. If wrong, correct me please.

10. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Nothing wrong with having a Chinese owned team. What is the OMG for?
    China was not invited to the Axiata cup.

11. sophia_z11

sophia_z11 Regular Member

I think it is similar to CBSL. For example, KKK/TBH and Taufik represented the team of Guangzhou and would not play at the same time. In IBL, each team is mostly formed by the Indian shuttlers, but it can hire some foreign players to play as indicated by the news that a maximum of three foreign players can be fielded in a match. It will give the young shuttlers to play with top players and promote the sport in India.

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I am just comparing things. In chinese badminton super league, have you seen any indians playing?. They will never call. They called Lee chong wei, taufik, even ratnachok. Why not any indian?

13. sophia_z11

Foreigners playing in CBSL need to be the top eight and I think Saina is the only Indian player qualified for that. Don't ask me why they did not call Saina.

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

There is no Indian players good enough to deal with the strength in depth that the CBSL has (amongst the Chinese players)

Only Saina is good enough.

Try and name one other that could compete, exactly there's none.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    For your information, TAUFIK is not there in top 8 for long long time. How come he qualified for that?....Good question right. They did not call because they dont want saina to get coaching from chinese coaches . So if they did not call, why should india ?.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yeah.. Saina is more than enough . So, indian counterparts has to rethink to call chinese to the IBL as like Axiata cup

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

That's not the point, Saina is the only player that is good enough to play in CBSL, there are no others. And the amount of coaching she'd receive is very minimal

Taufik still has it when he tries

18. sophia_z11

Calm down. Even they played in CBSL, they only get coaching from the coaches of each province, nothing can compare with the Chinese national coaches. In the case of Taufik, I only know that he was on top 8 in 2011. Considered that LYB was not happy with CBSL, I doubt that they will send Chinese players in IBL. The news just suggested that IBL contacted Chinese team, nothing has been confirmed yet.

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    You are telling the same thing again and again. Lol.. I am asking why they did not call saina if she is good enough?. That is my point. Any answer for this..?

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Still no answer for my query>> Anybody ? If they are calling Taufik , Ratnachok, why not Saina?