Recommend me a Training Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by CanucksDynasty, Sep 26, 2011.

1. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Used my Kimoni 150 yesterday doing some shadow drills (no shuttles). Practiced lunge+drop, clears, and backhand clears. Did it about 15-20 minutes. My shoulders a bit stiff today. Gonna keep it light and gradually increase the minutes when my shoulder gets stronger.

2. wning

wning Regular Member

Hi CanucksDynasty, a year later. Any update on your training rackets? I am also looking for one though not looking to speed $80-$100 for one. Looking at a Apacs $50.00 US, Hi-Que $300 HKD and Victor $600 HKD (a bit hi).
    Thanks

3. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Hi wning,

I still use the 135g for warm-up drills (and the occasional games) during my rec play on the weekends. And the 150g for practice swings in the office at work. :) It's heavy and good enough to do the job (of strenghtening the muscles and quicken the reaction time).

I have no problems with HH rackets now. Switched from VT80 to VTZF...wasn't hard to adjust at all. I don't get any shoulder aches anymore as well.

As for your choice of training rackets...it's your call. I think the main point is to you get your desired weight (ie. 120g, 140g, etc) and balance (which I think most are even balanced). It's a training racket so I don't think you need to spend $$ for a better design.

4. wning

wning Regular Member

thanks CanucksDynasty, didn't have a choice here in To. Hoping to get a Hi-Que ($300 hkd) or a Pronvice training racket ($220 HKd) in Hong Kong. Kimoni is too expensive for me....