Rexy Mainaky as Coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, Sep 7, 2011.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    That is all is needed for just a few days of polishing and tweaking and poof! just like David Copperfield, magic time transform them into champion;)

2. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Ehh..Mr OTB. Those cuties were already in the final of Asian Badminton championship last year.They were doing fine reaching a few semis this year. You were obviously busy checking out those ladies from Korea and China, especially Yu Yang and Wang Xiao Li, so you let these 2 ah moi from MAS slipped your binoculars:p:D:D:p:cool:. So, no...They didn't just pop up from no where. Having said that, I am not denying that Rexy is a good coach. But to make a pair bloom in a few days? Let's just say it is a wishful thinking.

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Aiya, Icleing, you know I am having fun lah...as for Yu Yang, oooi, oooi, oooi, now you are pulling my leg, I let you mooch and drool on her:D

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    No, even Rexy is (probably) pretty sure he had nothing much to do with their win! :D The "smile gotten wider" remark was just in reference to the timing of all the events and his original remark after "that" CTC meeting: "I'm still smiling..." :D:D:D

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Miracles do happen. This is what I call fine tuning advice to up the level a bit in order to win it. Not impossible and he does play a big part in winning. Ask the girls. ;)

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Rexy is probably thanking his stars to have these two dedicated players than those two who abandoned him. He should be happy.

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, worth it ! I am happy for Rexy.......

8. extremenanopowe

So far, he is the best there is in coaches.

It is an absolute disgrace to blame him.

I wonder what is really on KKK's mind. Professionally stupid. ;)

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the moral of the story
    made a wise choice

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Disagree. KKK did the smart thing. There is no way I would be motivated by a world class coach who tells the whole world losses are due to the players only. If losses continue from proven players, it means the coach has some problems with the players. It is the coach s job to bring out the best in proven players. If these top notched players refuse to listen to the coach, it means they don t have confidence in him and from the performance and psychological point of view, it s best to take a good ,complete break from each other. Rexy s a world class player and coach but his magical touch with winning players will probably last a year. After that, he should go on to another set of winning players.

11. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Actually in my point of view, KKK willing to be trained under multiple coaches instead of relying only on Rexy. With the combination of Tan Kim Her, Yap Kim Hock, Rosman Razak and Pang Chen Kang, KKK with his partner TBH may improve more to be best and strong players in mens double...

12. extremenanopowe

Well, what I can see it Rexy knows what it takes to stay on top. It is just that those guys are not able to maintain it. These guys just can't commit and take the heat day in and out like those champions do. Easy as that.

If Rexy is not a good coach, he would have been booted out long long ago... ;)

13. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

And why isn't Rashid Sidek booted out 5 years ago? LOL.

14. extremenanopowe

You are staying in malaysia man. You should know the answer better. ;) lol.

fyi, he's a bronze medalist in OG. So, can't really do much right? You can beat him? ;)

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha
    rashid is there to earn some easy salary
    how many coach on this earth wanted to involve in bam stupid and brainless business(along with a very free nothing to do during weekend ctc member)?
    thanks rexy for staying
    but looks negative for me since he and hendrawan will leave after 2012 og(i guess)

16. extremenanopowe

Well, you are correct. Money makes the world spins. That's why ctc is still there enjoying life. Enjoy. Don't get stressed. ;)

17. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Badminton: Call to slash Rexy's salary

NST

2011/10/10
    K.M. Boopathy
    boopathy@nst.com.my

NATIONAL Sports Council (NSC) director Datuk Zolkples Embong has asked the BA of Malaysia (BAM) to slash the salary of Rexy Mainaky after he had been redesignated as the national women's doubles and mixed doubles chief coach last month.

Zolkples said Rexy used to be in charge of the entire national doubles squad but now he has less responsibilities and fewer pairs to look after, so the salary review is rational.

Rexy, hired as the men's doubles coach in 2005, was given additional responsibility as the chief coach of the doubles in 2007 after Yap Kim Hock was not retained as the national team's chief coach then.

The bipartite contracts of the national coaches give NSC the authority to ask for a review from the national sports associations (NSAs) as the council pays a portion of the coaches' salaries.

Zolkples had raised the matter during the joint committee meeting (JKKK) with BAM on Thursday and he stated that NSC will act on the feedback from the national body.

"I have asked BAM to review the salary of Rexy Mainaky as he is now the women's doubles and mixed doubles chief coach. This is because he has less responsibilities and fewer pairs to handle compared to his previous position as the national chief doubles coach," said Zolkples.

"I have asked them to review the salary but BAM officials have informed me that Rexy's contract had just been signed in May and it will be hard to slash his salary.

"We will wait for BAM's feedback on the matter before deciding on whether to reduce our portion of the salary.

"I have also suggested to them to include a clause where the KPI (Key Performance Index) will be implemented and salary reduction can also happen when a coach is redesignated with lesser responsibilities."

BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai said there would not be a review for now as Rexy's contract is barely six months old but stated he will discuss the matter with NSC officials further.

"We are not reviewing Rexy's salary as the contract is still new. We need to have more discussions with NSC officials and provide more details about Rexy's responsibilities," said Chin Chai.

"There is a possibility the matter will be discussed during the executive committee meeting (on Saturday) as the chairman of the finance committee (Peter Yeow) will be present.

"We definitely welcome the suggestion that future contracts should have a clause on salary reduction and increment based on performance."

Based on the current contract offered by BAM, the association and the coach can end the contract by mutual consent by giving three months' notice but there is no clause stressing the importance of a performance-based salary package.

Although Zolkples' call may not affect the coaches immediately, it is a strong message to them regarding their work ethics and the performances of their charges will determine their future, specifically financial gains from the NSAs.

Read more: Badminton: Call to slash Rexy's salary http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/Badminton_CalltoslashRexy_ssalary/Article/#ixzz1aLC1Y4TT

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  19. extremenanopowe

You know what I am going to say rite? Cut KKK salaries... lol. ;)

20. flite

flite Regular Member

A contract remain a contract. Honour it no matter what.

Why this idiot Zolkples only brought this up at this point of time. To me it seems like the plot thickens and its sure that certain party within the NSC-BAM chain is slowly plotting their way through to oust Rexy.

Treat-the-bugger-like-**** when you no longer wants him kind of mentality huh?? I wonder when the same would happen to YYS? Li Mao and those before him knew exactly how its gonna end up.