Am I wrong or is the Stringer at fault?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by uselessmail, Mar 19, 2012.

1. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

Nope! I had infact asked him about this after reading the post here in BC mentioning the advantages of adding 2lbs on the cross but he said that he'd never done it before and he himself has been playing in the German league for quite some time now (He's about 25) and hasn't seen many players do that. He advised me against it (scared me off actually!) He does the stringing in the same way on my Voltric 5 and the Arcsaber 008. He himself plays with a Voltric 70

2. uselessmail

Now It'd been really weird if you were also playing in Germany :eek: What's troubling me is that rather than a 'Mishit' it was more of a forward block on an incoming shuttle! I guess it was just a bad Badminton week, thats all!:D

3. OhSearsTower

OhSearsTower Regular Member

i would def. change the stringer and see what happens

you broke your strings on different rackets in such a short time

i mishit so so often, it would be so bad if the strings would break all the time because of that

i had the same spot broken right in the first session after stringing by a different guy than before (and after) and never went back to him

ask around in your club who has reputation of good stringing and go to them, see what happens then

i let string only with 10kg tho

4. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

from the TS photo... i think its a mis hit...

or i shd say very lucky...

5. GUENNIIIII

GUENNIIIII Regular Member

Industrial Manager
    you have "some paintchips"

6. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Alright~ cuz if he was, I'd suggest he not add the 2lbs. Maybe that just the way the frame looks. Try asking for an extra top cross :)

7. uselessmail

Like this?

You mean an extra cross at A8? Something like this??
    cutstring4bs.jpg

Or simply like this one:
    yonexstringpattern3dp.jpg

8. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

To uselessmail,

I think he mean an extra cross on A6. It is not a Yonex frame and look ASShway put a big enough grommet there at A6 in his original picture. I think it will cut down on the breakage on miss hit. But the feeling might not be the same. The player need to try it out to see the balance between feeling vs durability.

9. uselessmail

Don't really care about the 'feeling' on this one. I only use it when my arm is feels tired. My go-to racket at the moment is my Arcsaber 008 and for singles its the Voltric 5. So do I need to tell him to string an extra cross at A6 for these rackets as well??

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

No. Because for ARC008, A6 is a single pass grommet. DO NOT put 2 string through A6.
    No. Because VT5's top string is already high enough and it will have some protection already.

11. Brandon141

Brandon141 Regular Member

IT
    Just thought I'd share my experiences.

I recently bought a Victor Bravesword LYD and had it strung with BG80 at 26lbs after 12-14 hours of playing with it, the string broke exactly right in the middle during my smash. So I had my coach re-string it with BG66UM at 26lbs.

When I received it today and used it in a session it broke in less than an hour! :eek: and in the same exact spot as last time during a smash again. I don't know if its my technique as I have all my rackets at that tension and string and never broke a string that fast; could it be bad luck? Or should I check the grommets at the top of the racket and replace them?

Anyway, I gave him the racket back to restring again but at this time with Zymax 65 at 26lbs (its quite a durable string in my opinion compared to any other string I tried) hopefully it won't brake so fast. (I'm only a student and paying for the string job so quickly twice would be a pain) :/

12. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    I think it is really because of the mis-hit at the top. I broke two at similar spots at the top yesterday, one 26lb/BG66 and another 27lb/BG80, which were only strung last month, just unfortunate.

#32 colekwok, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  13. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

I think that IF the stringer is at fault, then the stringer must be extremely new or bad. There is no reason to dig into a grommet that only has a main string. Unless you can find an altered grommet, then you should find out why you are mishitting there and correct your technique.

14. amleto

amleto Regular Member

How about the sensible option that you didn't list - talk to the owner first!?