Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Europe is only one market. Each market with their local subsidiary/distributor decides on what they want to carry.

as far as Victor master catalog is concerned, the Meteor line is still available with JJS and one other racket dropped for the next purchase cycle, and some other mid-end models added.

2. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Kwun

Thanks for the update. It doesn't help players in Europe but we have to wait for updates.

It seems that Victor Asia is prolific introducing new rakcets, but I wonder what the thinking and strategy is. I am aware Victor Europe chooses which rackets out of the total catalogue they will carry, but they also have to consider which rackets are selling best.

We don't have the data but perhaps Meteor has been a poor seller in Europe.

I know BS10 used to be the biggest seller in UK and now they have stopped this racket too.

Sadly, we don't know the numbers and we have to respect that Victor Europe makes sound business decisions even though they may be unpopular with some of the players.

I am intrigued whether the Thruster range will be developed over the year. Now Koh has reverted to BS12 Victor seems to be lacking high profile players using the racket to help with sales. I also question why this is, whereas Yonex seems to push players to use new rackets and highten the profile.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I spotted this as well. Given that the Thruster is so expensive, not having a high-profile player using it is very dubious. Granted, Victor aren't of the "player X uses racket Y" model (as Li Ning are), but they must know how much of a part this plays in promotion...

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That they stopped the Bs10 was inevitable as it was discontinued by Victor in general, so there was no way for them (V I) to import more ;)
    I know how the system works, but imop it's a very very stupid system - rackets are kept or dropped based on popularity in Asia. From the rackets popular in Asia, Victor International can choose which rackets to offer in Europe - and if a racket doesn't sell that well in Asia, it can be dropped even though Europeans love it.

I understand that maybe for Victor as a whole, that's not such a bad thing, but it's really not customer friendly.

Imop they lack in that department - customer service (in my experience in the 3 years I've been playing) is the worst of all companies. Haven't had contact with all of them, though, but at least all others respond when you contact them!

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

If Victor is big enough in Asia, they may simply not care enough about EU to put the effort in to find out what we want. Annoying, but it must be making sense at Headquarters...

6. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I've found the team in Germany to be really helpful, especially as there isn't a UK team to contact.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

7. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

In terms of helpfulness, Victor in Germany has been extremely helpful when I had issues with my MX80 and centralsports.

Business strategy that makes sense in Asia might not make sense to us this side of Europe unfortunately

8. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

Maybe but isn't the TK 8000 a replacement for the MX60?

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

No. It has a different frame shape and is head heavier.

10. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

We'll see, but I don't even know if 1 shop in Canada ever got one (MX60) compared to the other models from the MX line. Plus the fact that they are dropping their "limited" editions, which were all 4/5 and 4/5, so I doubt that the MX70 will go away at the same time. Dropping their top of the line (MX80) would be strange unless they release another premium model for this line.

11. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

RANT: I'm living here in South Korea and the prices of Victor products are just ridiculous! I won't go into exact pricing but just a few examples:

Victor MX60 and MX JJS ~~ 100USD more expensive here compared to prices from TW. (even if I add shipping costs, etc). MX JJS RRP here is ~260USD! even more expensive than Yonex...

Victor SH-9000 ~~ 70USD more expensive here compared to prices in TW.

To think, South Korea and Taiwan are practically neighbors...

Just plain daft.

12. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ So this is how Victor earns the money needed to support the Korean team? ;)

13. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    heavy tax maybe

14. squallyeo

squallyeo Regular Member

Dear all, I am an owner of a BS LYD racket. Thou I like the diamond frame, but I would prefer it to be slightly lighter n less stiffer. Which victor racket do u think is less stiff n slightly lighter than BS LYD? Thinking whether to sell it n buy another model. Thx

15. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I think the bravesword 12 is lighter and less stiff. CMIIW

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Tbh there aren't such big differences between the different BS models in terms of speed/weight. Major difference is the stiffness, and the different versions in different markets make it somewhat impossible to say how they all compare :D
    But I'd say the LYD should be rather close to the Bs10 in stiffness, so a Bs11, 12 or -if you can find it- 09 would be softer. Bs09 and 12 are nearly identical, so getting leftover Bs09s is cheaper and pretty much the same (concerning performance) as buying Bs12s.

17. squallyeo

squallyeo Regular Member

By the way my fav racket is yonex ti10 2nd generation, n most recently kason f9 n rsl laser 9900. Coincidentally same v fu haifeng but I'm a net player n plays drives. I'm looking at bs 12 reviews too but hoping to c the real racket first. How bout the mx 60, 70 or jjs? Anyone?

18. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    thomi 5a bac2013.jpg

Guess for this racket.. Which series ?

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Going by paint scheme, it looks like a Meteor. Rumors were there's gonna be a new model, and that the JJS is gonna be discontinued...Thruster series should get some new models as well.

20. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    Correct. MeteorX .. ???