Buying from e78.com.hk

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by hellojeffo, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for your info, Kwun..

I wish i could go there during the day, i am not that familiar with HK road, i need to go to the nearest MRT station, & walk from there.

Are there any other Badminton Stores that are worth to be paid a visit nearby e78?

2. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
    you can drop at diamond hill mtr or wang tai sin mtr and walk to the building. it is not that hard to find. there r quite a number of shops in mongkok area, but think e78 price is still the most competitive. not dangerous to walk there at all

3. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

with e78, you have a set discount. While with other shops in MK, the discount depends on how good you are at haggling.

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for your info... So for a quick visit in HK, & buying badminton EQ is one of the objectives, then e78 is the way to go..Fast & Competitive price..

5. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

I should say, you can use e78 price as a good reference point. Sometimes other places are cheaper. Besides, MK is one big shopping centre. So always a good place to visit.

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah i find around MK a lot of good Badminton stores, however, their price is not as competitive as e78. Since e78 price is competitive enough, for a quick visit to HK, it is the way to go, for a longer time visit in HK, we could always shop around & bargain. ;)

7. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    I have a question about paying through Paypal from using a credit card. For the customers from Canada and US, do you get charged 7% from PayPal because they have to pay for bank commission?

I found this statement from the e78 English page.
    "

while when the payment effects via credit
    card, paypal account will be totally charged 4% via HK dollar. charged
    7%
    via US dollar or Euro,including 3.4% of the payment as bank
    commission,3.6%
    of payment as ROE difference and bank exchange charge.

#107 CanuckBur, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    there is an option in paypal that says "payment owed". this one has no paypal protection. you only pay around US$4 (and sometimes free for lower $$ payment). i usually use this one to pay people whom i trust.

9. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    Thanks! Kwun.

I was going to upload money from my bank account to the Paypal which would take a week.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    why does it take so long? usually it is instantaneous.

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

One more tip is to pay it in HKD and use the credit card company's exchange rate rather than Paypal's (and the Paypal charges can differ per region/ country but as Kwun mentioned some options get charged less). If you read carefully as well it says the charge is 4% when in HKD and 7% in other currency as of course he has to change it back into HKD again or is automatically done so at a certain cost.

They have to pay a charge for receiving money anyway no matter what, unless of course you volunteer to take up those charges which is also an option offered at payment :D.

Read that tip somewhere else as well myself and have found it to be true that the creditcard company offers a better exchange rate. Nowadays I have to change the settings in Paypal 3 times to get it set like that :rolleyes:;). (first switch to creditcard, then change currency I think and after that yet again change to creditcard because they have set it back to bank account :rolleyes:)

#111 demolidor, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  12. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    It might be possible that this is my first time setting up a saving/checking account on paypal and uploading the amount. (6-8 days)

13. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    @demolidor. Thanks for the tips. I don't have the HK currency so I will try other things.

14. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    I just went through the Paypal section of send money but didn't see the setting for the credit card exchange rate. Is it on the page of confirming payment or before?

15. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

there is a tab somewhere on the main page of your a/c which reads something like "View exchange rate" which allows you see the conversion rate. mr chan usually will factor the paypal fees into the overall price, so you just need to pay him in HK$ for whatever you're buying from him at the price stated by him.

16. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

usually the credit card offers a better rate than paypal

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

That was my bad I suppose :eek:. What I described is how it turns up when I pay through the PayPal checkout system or eBay. But since in this case you have no PayPal invoice you can just select to pay in HKD and choose/switch to creditcard as method of payment (and uncheck paying for the transaction costs ;)).

I ordered some stuff from the US last month and went through PayPal checkout that a certain store made use of. PayPal automatically changed the amount into euro's and use of the checking account instead of creditcard (so I had to make those three changes described earlier).

#117 demolidor, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  18. Udonming

Udonming Regular Member

Bank of America, ONE week. Why, because the american banking system sucks.

19. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Does anyone know how to pay mr chan through paypal as I have never buy online with him before.. Had experienced with others simply by sending money to their email address, how about E78? Will get the bs15 from him coz heard you guys mention he ship rackets in a box unlike certain shops ship by simply wrapping brown paper over the racket. Thanks

20. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

I bought my SW37 and MX70 from Mr. Chan. Paid him through Paypal - you have to first register your credit card with Paypal account thou if you don't have an existing Paypal account. And yes, he shipped rackets in a box and it is very well protected. Don't worry about your rackets will crack/spoil on the way to your doorstep. My rackets from Mr. Chan just took 3-4 days to arrive! Happy shopping! :D