Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

I just couldnt shut my opened jaw when i read your post, thats all. I wanted to show the WOW-ness I felt when reading it. You know, being the 1st and 2nd seed in a tournament will put you at the top and bottom of the draw and they can only meet in the finals? How do you expect LCW and CL to meet earlier? And who buys ticket for the finals match 1hour or 1day before the matches begin? I certainly dont do that in this case, I buy tickets as early as possible to secure a good seat for myself.
    Nvm, the purpose of my previous post is just to express my WOW-ness. Ignore me please! :cool:

2. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

People like me and be open minded because such tickets exist in auctions sale an hour after LCW vs DPY. You, sir , have no idea how much VIP seats cost after that particular match. May be you'll end up dead after hear the price. :D. Especially the seats that much closer to the court and warm up ground.

Welcome to the real world, boy.

3. julianng

julianng Regular Member

don't think so.... if we don't mention this .... who knows LCW might suicide before losing or when LD has match point next time.....

he should learn to keep the drama a bit more to himself .... or something really bad could happen if we don't limit his actions in these high profile matches....

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    is your badminton as good as your comment in bc ??

5. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    The fact is LCW had cramps and its impossible to play as we all know how
    painful that is. He is 30 years old and was punctured by DPY the day before,
    so fitness gone and 3 setter final vs LD - 1+ 1 always = 2.

6. BBEdrummerAK

BBEdrummerAK Regular Member

Warehouse schlub
    I really don't understand the issue in this matter. LCW and LD have had a long rivalry, though when you look at the head to head, it is one dominated by LD. LD knows LCW's game very well, and almost always has an answer to it. Sure, LCW might have had major cramping by the end of it, but the fact of the matter is LD takes up residence in LCW's thoughts, and LCW ends up defeating himself often times in their match ups. Just look at how many points he gave to LD by watching birds fall well inside the line, hoping they would be out. I really doubt there was some conspiracy to make sure these two were paired up in the finals. I mean, LD got in on a wild card, probably due to the fact that he was the defending champ. And the way he played certainly showed that he deserved to be there, despite not playing in hardly any tournaments this past year.

My two cents, I am hardly an expert, but just an observation by one who's watched quite a few videos of their match ups.

7. BBEdrummerAK

BBEdrummerAK Regular Member

Warehouse schlub
    Of course, now that I think about it, the cramping could have been starting earlier in the match, hence why LCW kept watching those birds fall inside the line..

And so we're all clear, I am a big fan of both players, and their styles. Which is saying something, as usually I don't enjoy watching singles play, but I do like watching those two!

8. Drsarut

Drsarut New Member

Own Business
    LCW is No1!!!

9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Actually, this WC was a weird one. Both LD and LCW played badly. There were nice exchanges andd excellent shots in their matches, but a great number of stupid mistakes and unforced errors, much more then normally. Since the Olympics, both players have been out of the circuit, LCW less so but he has clearly been less training, as his results showed.
    The only strange thing is the performance of CL. Perhaps a sign of his youth.

10. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

If Nadal and any other top tennis players said this comment, they must laugh to death... why a top player in this sport could have his fitness gone just by one single match??? This badminton sport must be a laughing stock....

Personally, I do hope LCW could win at least one WC. He deserves if if from badminton technique and devotion. Yet once again, he just keep himself away from the trophy by his mental and badminton intelligence.

Ask any pro-tennis player, as a top professional player, you must be prepared to play a whole week of toughest matches under the worst environment (like home court pressure or away court disadvantages). This is a basic for being a pro..

give me a reason why badminton player is assumed to be like a greenhouse child, not able to take on the storm, heat and other severe weather like players of all other sports??

11. visor

visor Regular Member

As mentioned by others, it's a weird match because LD has changed his usual attacking style to a more conservative and patient style to match his progressing years, but he's still able to up the pace when he needs to get the job done. Boring to watch, yes, but a necessary adjustment for him to last till Rio 2016.

12. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    In the papers yesterday, LCW will be entering politics after retirement - so no problem for the great
    man in future - hopefully he joined the right party and become the Minister of Sports.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    probably from hero to zero.

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Being a sporting personality is not a good grounding for politics where people are out to scrutinise every word you utter.

Can't be many examples of sports persons turned established politicians - Lord Coe is one example.

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Unless he's LYB LOL

16. Orangie

Orangie Regular Member

Marc Zwiebler suffered the similiar scenario against DPY in Lining SO 2013 too. BTW AC is not switched off. :p

Anyway, such scenario do happens in any sports. May the stronger player wins.
    [TABLE="class: ruler matches"]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="align: right"]8:00 PM
    [/TD]
    [TD]MS
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]
    [TABLE]
    [TD="align: right"]Marc Zwiebler
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][GER]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]-
    [/TD]
    [TD]
    [TABLE]
    [TD][​IMG][CHN]
    [/TD]
    [TD]Pengyu Du [1]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD]21-18 12-21 21-19
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG]
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]1:10
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TABLE="class: ruler matches"]
    [TR="bgcolor: #FDFDFD"]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]7.
    [/TD]
    [TD]Followed by
    [/TD]
    [TD]MS
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="align: right"]Tien Minh Nguyen [6]
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][VIE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]-
    [/TD]
    [TD]
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][​IMG][GER]
    [/TD]
    [TD]Marc Zwiebler
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD]23-21 11-8 Retired
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG]
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]0:31
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

17. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

1. The conspiracy is there. It's just you who can't see it.
    2. If that's the case, surely after this whoever has the world title should be given wildcard just to be fair. Men's Double Olympic Gold Medalist on 2008 should be given a chance also IMO. Why MK/HS don't deserve the same thing? Why aren't they even listed in the draw? Because of MK's wife gave birth? Yeah right....

What on earth did the guy do to your sorry arse? He's lost and he can choose which ever way he wanted to lose it. I don't get it. Why a super fan of LD came here and mock a 'friend' of LD? LD's been trying to show the world both of them are best friends.

18. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Cramp during competition is not uncommon in sports, but there are many reasons for it. Yet claiming that a top players fitness be easily gone by a single match is unbelievable...

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

More the other way around - no sport (apart from American Football) has as many breaks as Tennis. In addition, Tennis players get a break day between matches, so there's really no comparison.
    There had been a study comparing MS players in both Tennis and Badminton (distance run, time played, breaks), and it really didn't look so hot for the Tennis players, although one has to admit that it's an old one and the game has changed since then.
    Also, didn't Nadal take like an 8-month-break after his match against Djokovic at the AO? I'm pretty certain he would not laugh at LCW for being spent after 2 tought matches in a row.

20. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Cramps suffered by players are associated with their fitness level.
    The not so fit players tend to get cramp if they play too much with too short resting time.
    Or was it like a race car with too much octane that blew a ring? LOL