Yonex JP vs SP

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by siuyu0224, Jul 4, 2010.

1. siuyu0224

siuyu0224 Regular Member

Well there have been alot of discussion going on this previously, some says that either JP or SP coded, they're actually the same in terms of quality. I'm from Malaysia and I've went to a few racquets shops here and compared the SP coded racquet they sell here and I notice that there are some difference in terms of paintwork, for quality I'm not sure cause I can't really feel the difference. For example, I bought an ArcSaber 9 for my friend last week and by looking at the paint work of the racquet I notice some has better paintwork while some others are not so beautiful, or even rougher in certain parts eventhough they're the same model racquet. So I was wondering, have anyone actually own a same model of JP and SP code of racquet and made comparison? If yes did you notice any difference in terms of paint work, or racquet quality? Cause I'm thinking of buying an ArcSaber 10, and might go for JP coded if there really is a difference. Thank you.:)

2. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    YES, there are people who will tell you there are differences while others will tell you NO, there are no differences. Honestly, I have owned JP/SP/IP/CH/CD rackets I don't really feel much differences among them. Its hard to say because each batch of rackets may be slightly different to begin with. By the way, there are tons of discussion about this issue in other threads...

#2 ryim_, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Best thing to do is search..there a number of threads out there. Basically some people feel difference, some don't, there are minor differences in paint jobs etc.. but there are minor differences in SP rackets too.

4. siuyu0224

siuyu0224 Regular Member

Well, I've actually gone through those threads before opening this one. The main reason I start this thread is actually to find out, whether does the JP version of Yonex racquet has better paintwork. Because from what I notice the SP version Yonex racquet has different paintwork quality, even in the same batch and same model of racquet. Anyhow, still thanks for all those reply and comments. :)

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    In terms of paintwork.. they are almost the same. You cant really notice much but JP is slightly shinier and not so rough.

6. lining

lining Regular Member

Badminton
    Are there more vibrations in Sp version , Quality difference ? ( Sp write on shaft )

#6 lining, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  7. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

I supposed there may be more than 1 factory producing same item for different markets?

8. druss

druss Regular Member

is this based on fact or just speculation? the only thing I can say based on my own experience of a few jp vs the many cd, sp, ip, us and tw ones are the jp felt a bit heavier but I didn't notice any vibration difference.

9. lining

lining Regular Member

Badminton
    It's just a speculation because i ask too a seller which he sells his SP at a less price and he told me the quality is not as a Jp and "it's for amateur"
    I don't believe on what he says because i think he just try to sell the Jp version.
    That why im asking

10. scionsigg

scionsigg Regular Member

yup i guess so...JP racquet in certain model got different specification compare to SP coded

11. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Aren't JP rackets more expensive?

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yes they are but consider Japan have a higher standard living.

I do notice the paint difference as well for JP.

Play wise, no difference, woudl not be able to tell unless you start looking at the cone to find out what code it is. I do say, I like the cloth bag for JP ha haha! :D

I mainly get CD coded rackets and rarely get a JP (unless I want to).

#12 Matt, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  13. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Same here !
    I heard it was the paint quality was better but I'm unsure now.
    I hear that JP and SP clothing are different
    Something about the material the clothes are made from.

14. druss

druss Regular Member

quite frankly, unless we get an actual yonex factory worker or similar, all these threads are speculation. none of us know for sure, we're just guessing.

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

If you mean rackets ... It's kinda hard to deny the difference in bags, clothing and shoes ;).

16. druss

druss Regular Member

well since this is in the "racket recommendation/comparison" section of course I mean rackets... the fact that the entire discission so far has been focused on rackets could have been a hint as well ;)

I cannot comment on the clothes as I don't wear yonex clothes, the bags are obvious but... I have owned jp and sp shoes and see no diffrerence.

zoltan likes this.
  17. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I can confirm that the JP seems to have better paint/printing consistancy. Since I look at US/CD, they too look the same most of the time to the JP. Maybe this is what is being implied as better paint job.

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Didn't help you posted it right after the above comment ;)

19. druss

druss Regular Member

I realize that english is probably your second language but maybe look up the definition of "focused" as opposed to "exclusive".

Nice to see that you're more "focused" on picking on supposed errors in other peoples posts instead of the topic itself since I notice you didn't comment on anything else in my post.

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Its pretty much known that the 2-letter codes are just distribution codes. The manufacturing of the top-end racquets are mostly all done at the YY factory in Japan, unless that has changed in recent times. Manufacturing info is clearly printed either on the end-cap or the shaft.

So how would Yonex churn out marginally differing specs or finishes for lots destined for different codes? I don't know. In terms of process optimization, it does not make much sense. If this (difference in finish) is true, does it have to do with higher QC or ISO requirements for products destined for Japan as opposed to say, Philippines or Malaysia? If there is truth in the claim that there are different finishes for different codes, then we should observe that difference uniformly in say all SP coded products as opposed to all JP coded products. Otherwise, I would put it down to "systemic anomaly" :):D