Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Sorry, double post.

2. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    Yeah agree with you jackie. Need to train my arm strengh before i use a heavy head racket so i dont put too much pressure on my arm >.<! Btw, the li ning racket stiffness, is it like the yonex stiffness? Li ning (HARD) = Yonex (Stiff).... yonex VT ZF is extra stiff, is the li ning n90 as stiff as it?

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The ZF's rating is justified, it's really extra stiff. The N90 is softer, it's actually stiff but feels a tad softer due to the big head weight (it creates a bigger resistance so you flex the shaft more than you would with a head lighter racket). The most insane smashing racket I've had in my hands so far, with the right technique and a moderate amount of strength your opponents will be afraid to play anything high to you :D
    For the most part, a Yonex stiff is the same as a Li Ning stiff. Only few LN rackets are actually stiff though, the N90 and N90II being the only two in the N series afaik (both rated medium in the German catalogue actually^^).

4. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Pretty much everything jackie has said is spot on. The ZF is lighter, "feels" stiffer and is more manuverable than the N90, but in terms of power the N90 is second to none. Both these rackets are fantastic, but if you have problems with the VT80, these rackets aren't going to be the magical power source for you.

Weight training may help, but my theory to power training is to start with a racket that you can harness power out of easily and go from there. The first time I picked up an AT700LTD it was almost natural for me. ZF, N90 are all bonuses as they're similar in specs whereas when I tried the ARC10, I couldn't get any power out of it with different strings and tensions and I said screw it.

Sword in the stone theory works better than many years of training for a racket thats not meant for you!

#1764 Optiblue, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  5. knic83

knic83 New Member

Anybody tried N80 or N36 before? Any review on it?

6. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    that is why i am using a balance racket now, not too light not too heavy. Slowly will increase the head heaviness and when i know it ... n90? lol

7. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    Agreed, currently i will be using my balance racket first before slowly increase the head heaviness until i am used to the n90 or vt ZF :rolleyes:

@knic83 ... what style are you playing? Here mostly are aggressive players LOL:D

8. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    I guess it all fall down to out play style and arm strength i guess ... not everyone is comfortable with the n90 :rolleyes: ... so whats your play style knic83? i'll stick to my bp 770 until i am good with my badminton skills before i hunt for my next li ning racket

9. Aspros_helios

Aspros_helios Regular Member

Has anyone tried NP200B?

10. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    With the same racket, you can even add some lead tape to modify the balance point without spending an extra dime on a new one!

11. Aspros_helios

Aspros_helios Regular Member

I happen to buy this racket and after trying it, found that its quite a nice racket that suits my play.

I am a doubles/mixed doubles player and more of a control player. I usually push, drive, punch and drop and smash only occassionally as I do not have a powerful smash. The even balance and lightness allows me to swing and maneuver the racket easily around for my shots. This is one reason why I do not fancy the top end N series besides its high price tag.

Of course a head-heavy racket will add power to my smash but that will make swinging the racket more difficult especially when doubles is such a fast game. Smashing at the right places and the right time can be more deadly than a powerful smash without direction and placement.

Just my feel on NP200B. Anyone share the same sentiments?

12. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    thanks for the info optiblue, i think i would rather get a heavier racket for single play! So i could switch between head light and head heavy :cool:

NP200B is almost like my BT 770 although your racket head is lighter. Correct me if i am wrong, stiff racket have more control rather than flexible shaft, right? I must say, with a head light racket i really cant back hand return over to the enemy base line, always flew just near the half court (good for them to smash lol!)

13. malakaji

malakaji Regular Member

teacher
    hello all..

im new in this thread and im looking for a new racket (obviously li-ning) so is there someone who could suggest/recommend to me which type of li-ning racket suit with my style of play..i would say im more to an all round player with focus on accuracy and precision. thanks guys!! :D

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well for accurate all-round play I'd recommend the N90II (head heavy, you need to be slightly advanced to use it well) or the N55, which is a bit softer but has a frame shape which is ideal for control. Can be strung to taste - very controlled with 27+. The N55-II is a bit less head heavy, I believe, but also a great allround racket. Was my 2nd favorite racket from the last 5 I tested.

15. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    All round players should use the the N55 :)

16. malakaji

malakaji Regular Member

teacher
    thanks for the feedback guys...may I know what is the price range for the N55 racket here in Malaysia?and can someone tell me where can I found a genuine Li-Ning racket distributor in Perak/Penang?? Im a bit worry if I buy the fake one...:confused:

17. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    ah ... you can check it at the official malaysian li ning website >>> http://www.sunlight.net.my/lining/ , under "our dealers"

yeah, i must say n-90 aint for everyone, get a well balance head first and slowly change with your style of playing :)

18. malakaji

malakaji Regular Member

teacher
    thanks for the reply adrian....appreciate it!! :D

19. malakaji

malakaji Regular Member

teacher
  20. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    300 ringgit for a n55-ii .. i smell something fishy~~~ :p it is always wise not to fall for cheap things. Pay abit more and get a genuine one. Malaysia are really good in imitation products =X