Yonex ArcSaber Z Slash Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jul 26, 2009.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

............Victor...........
    For me they are a lot better than Yonex rackets

2. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Agree a lot with you. AT700, yes. AT900P - err, well, maybe the AT900T. NS9000, yes. Arc10, divided a lot of peoples opinion. Arc Z Slash, not in the same ball park.

3. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Let's consider arc Slash has a temporary fail :D, anyway generally speaking the Arcseries racquets are good

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Hmm
    NS9900, Yes
    AT700, ...yes
    AT900T, yes
    At900p, well, from what most users have said, they much prefered the AT900t over P
    ArcZ, NO
    Arc10, yes and no, benifit of the doubt here, (hesitant yes)
    Arc9, yes just for the paint scheme:D
    Arc7, well thom_bad has one, so I refuse to comment:)

5. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    LoL the Arc7 isn't a good racquet because I have one, but I have one because it is a good racquet :D

6. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i would be so harsh on the ARCZ. i too do not like it, but i can say that it is not the inferior racket many make it out. Like Roy_b mentioned, the ARC10 was also a bit of a divider. I love the ARC10, but a lot of the people i know say that it feels too wierd for them to use it. Its the ame concept with the ARCZ. The Z isnt bad, just a bit different. I am sure if one took the time to get used to it, and only played with that racket, they would find it better than what is normally reviewed. I have seen a growth in the people playing with the Z slash, and very few of them find it bad.

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

IMO, a racket which makes a basic net shot a difficult shot, is a poor racket. I know someone who has this racket since march, and still says that he is getting used to it, I myself tried it for about a week of play, and I found it, reletively poor in comparison to all my other rackets, especially at the net.
    Of course people are going to say it's a good racket, especially if they have went our and spent $200+ on it, they will naturaly assume that this racket is the greatest racket ever... Until Yonex bring out the next not neccessarily great racket, but over hyped over advertised racket, until they have drilled it into your head, the 4 letters ARCZ

8. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Perfectly put.

Yep, they prey on the gullability of youth !!

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Indeed they do, but they won't be seeing a penny from me, until they bring out something that really temps me... Say an Armortec 1000 :p

10. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Btw your profile says you uses Armortec 900 Technique & NanoSpeed 9900.....:D
    So I suppose you stole those ?? :D

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

These are the only two Yonex rackets, that I could say, that I liked, the Armortec was a birthday present, and the Nanospeed I bought. The Armortec, has a small hairline crack though (so much for durability:eek:)

12. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    I'm surprised in France no one uses ArcSaber Z Slash...
    Some use Arc 7 (including me) and 10 in my club, but only one guy has a Z Slash, and he has only 1.....

Anyway the next racquet i'll buy will be a ns9900 or Babo Xfeel :)

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

or a Victor BraveSword 10 !!

14. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    No, because Victor isn't available on the french website on which I buy my equipment :D

15. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Not everyone is finding this racket a piece of junk.
    And i believe people who think it is a good racket simply because they paid over $200 on it belong to a very small group. With so many different players and different levels of people out there on Earth, there are bound for people who hates it and likes it. Just because you personally do not like it and think it is an inferior racket, doesn't mean the whole world should agree on that. ;)
    This is a review thread, not a personal feeling of whether Arc Z is over hyped or overly advertised.
    But since your comments starts with "IMO" i respect your point.
    In Asia, there are many Arc Z lovers, including many of our forum members here ....
    For me, i own 5 Zs and i HATE NS9900. It plays like a piece of S*** with no raw power. Again, thats my feel on it.

16. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I was wondering where you were...

Personally, I did not find it junk but felt it could use a much stiffer shaft. I like its balance of power and speed but not that it gives up control for me. The reason I'm considering giving it up is that between my TC700 and the new ZELM Ultimate, there is hardly any love left for the ArcZ. :).

17. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Well i wasn't referring to you. :p
    Racket is a very personal choice. All are free to give their personal reviews on the racket, but whether or not the other person will like it/hate it/buy it depend on that person because everyone is different. For example, i personally find NS9900 a piece of junk that i hate it, but if people ask me i would say try it yourself, it is not my racket. I won't go and tell this is a piece of junk, no point waste money, go buy Arc Z, no, that's not the way. And this is what i wish to highlight.
    BTW saw your posting on the buy/sell thread of your Arc Z....am very tempted to make it my 6th Arc Z...TW coded ....yum yum...too bad i live across the straits eh ...:(

18. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Nah, it's just that I recall you were an ardent supporter of the ArcZ, both 2u and 3u, and I feel we need a supportive view to give some balance to the thread. I cannot do that since I'm not such a big fan of the Z, then again, I am rarely a fan of many rackets.

19. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Amazing, but true ;)

I believe a much larger group than you realise. Kids are kids. I know, I have a couple.

As you said yourself, this is a review thread. If someone says they feel that the racket is a piece of junk, then just live with it. People have a right to their opinions (just like your opinion of the NS9900). It's no use moaning about negative views of the Z's, just because you own 5 of them :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. roy b

roy b Regular Member

I've suddenly cultivated a greater respect for the French :D:D

Vive la France !