Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    all the best for lcw in both mo and ko ..

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he need to ko cj,cl and bcl to the final of ko
    haha

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Lets not be to sure about the future shall we :) ..I think LCW is smarter than you think :) .. Li-Ning really understands how to listen to the athletes and provide them with the highest quality rackets and shoes :).. And going independant his biggest goal will be to win the olympics 2012, it is maybe not in his primary interest to help Yonex "survive" the onslought from Victor, Li-Ning etc :)

/Twobeer

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Right. He will look for a deal that best suits him. That said, Yonex will probably move heaven and earth so that they do not lose him. Next to Lin Dan, he is the most marketable commodity in the sport. Yonex's market share has been eroded in recent years by players and associations jumping ship to other brands (notably Li Ning and Victor).

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    i was hoping that post could blink the eyes of the Li ning sales manager reading bc post :)

you know, when he propose to lcw, the blink eye will add a couple of zeros at the back:D

but seriously, i know what i am talking about.:)

normally the sponsored player enjoys the flow of $£€¥

other than promoting the brand or following what is written in the contract :)

the sales of the sponsors will only be greatly affected if,

for instance lcw won the olympic gold :D

indirectly, we can say lcw is trying to push the sales up for his sponsor

because he also wants to win olympic very badly and when the sales do goes up,

the next contract could be more pages … :)

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    There is only one fellow I know uses LN rackets, even then he wears all YY. The rest of my playing friends use YY and 4 uses APAC. There are all good rackets. It still comes down to racket pricex. I was in KL last year and LD's LN rackets is priced at RM900 before discount. Really how many malaysian can afford that. An engineer wage according to someone posted is RM3K per month before tax. Even I find it hard to justify that price for a racket. Also, a LD racket for the masses is different that the real racket that LD uses which is specifically and tailored made to suit left hander LD. And some joker wanna string a racket to 35# like LD.

7. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    well, buddy if you are mr.yoneyama

i bet you would send 2 pretty sales promoter to say thank you to lcw everytime he wins.. lol i know i would :D

and if you are him after you have offered him,

would you just sit down and wait for others to counter your offer to him?

i don't think so :D

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

If LCW was a smart businessman, he would wait for the best offer. Let those after his services up the ante.

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Thank goodness LCW doesn't have to worry about such trivial details ;)

10. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i won't be surprise at all :D

the prices are way too high and li ning only uses china players as technology:)

find me one and i say sorry :)

even yonex for that matter, the latest voltron looks the same to me

i for one until today haven't even play with a li ning racket:D

as a player yourself i am sure you find differences in rackets nowadays slightly,

minimum or 'bearable' unlike in those days, you got hammer and sledge hammer.lol

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    of course, just like the stock market :)

to marry a married woman is still possible if properly and legally

do away with the divorcing procedures and settlements:D

and whoever the new guy must have a big wallet for the new bride could run away

again:D

12. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I bought 2 APACS this year when I was in KL. The last time I bought rackets before this year was 1988 for 2 Cab20...Darn YY and LN cannot make a dime from me and still the 3 young kids, with winter club (an expensive exclusive club here) private coaching here still cannot beat this old fart in me, racket makes very little difference. As coach, you know what makes a good player, if a player already has a good racket like NS or Arc, a more expensive racket helps but not that much more.

13. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Well, the retail price is not a problem for sponsored players, so even if LNs top racket are out of reach for many lower income players, they may still be great tools for the sponsored players, and will of course help to sell the less expensive models of the brand as well.

Just because Ferrari is expensive, and most malaysians cant afford it, doesn't make it less desirable, and lessns the value of the brand :)

Actually It may be the opposite.. If I am sponsored I would rather have a racket made of the higest quality (and thus possibly the most expensive) materials and manufacturing process, for free, than just a "compromise" racket mainly aimed and designed to suit the mass market recreational players, that I have to use because that is the racket model that will bring in most profitmargin of sales to the sponsor :)

/Twobeer

#5033 twobeer, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I agree with you all the way. Not that I cannot aford to pay, but I find it hard to pay that much each time a new model comes out. I have tried a NS9000 when it first came out, I think that is a great racket so how much does a newer model makes? I have discussed with my friends here, YY rackets at the higher to high end are great rackets, same I assume fir LN even though I have not tried them. If buying lower entry level YY, might as well go for APACS, IMO APAC are better rackets than YY lower to mid level rackets.
    As for me, holding a LD or LCW or TH rackets (all priced RM700 to RM900 each) would not help me improve my level currently, I am barely holding on my own each time I play...not too much longer though before I quit and go fishing, less painful on knee, back and elbows and everywhere else.

15. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    99% of badders in Msia wont buy LN & YY top range racquets.

Msia most popular range of prices for racquet is RM100 - 200 & 200-300

anything above 300 is kinda hard to sell

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    99% of badders in Msia won't buy LN & YY top range rackets

Probably most Malaysian players understand that it's their skill that makes them play better Badminton.

It's quite surprising that many BCers think that it's their rackets that do the good shot for them (not the technique involved to perform the shot).

I would say; Give Lee Chong Wei a $5 racket to play against you, and see if you can defeat him. :p:p:p

17. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    i agree with you.. here in malaysia, the most affordable price is range between RM100 - RM300... anything more than that, it's consider expensive... and sometimes, some people prefer to buy similar but down grade lcw, ld or tf rackets... and they even choose imitation racket... well, maybe the more expensive racket is better than others, but for me, i will only choose a racket that suits me n my game, even if the price is below RM200... :)

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Sad case. But I thought that's where you get the satisfaction and contentment feeling, as highlighted in red.

Yeah. Agree with you. Not many people can afford those expensive YY and Li Ning racquets.

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Even if I can afford, I won't...ridiculous to pay >RM600 for a racket and the model changes every so often. Then again, we need customers to keep paying and buying, keep buying and buying and......otherwise who would pay the sponsors (YY, LN and Victor) to keep hosting the SS....after all, someone has to pay;):D

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LOL I am using a cheap Victor racket and beat many youngsters with expensive Li Ning rackets... LOL