Swiss Open 2008: LCW lost to himself !

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by xymaerts, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    so, what are you really suggesting? boycott all badminton tournaments in malaysia? dont watch badminton even when it is aired on tv? dont send your children to learn badminton? because if there are no fans, not only the BAM or the NSC that will feel the burn, the players and their family will also get neglected and lose hope for a future in badminton. and when there are no players, there is no badminton in malaysia. :)

talking about the installation of the current idiots, are you suggesting that we change the people who installed the current idiots? politicians are mostly idiots who, when in power, always tend to abuse it. give me one name of a politician who never ever abuse power in his entire time as a leader. every leader surrounds himself with people who supports him. ;)

so what else can we do? should we do an open petition to the BAM and the NSC and fans. how about you start one. i will support you. raise our voice a little. write to newspapers. bring banners to tournaments to tell them our concerns. liverpool fans did that to protest the intervention of the american investor. they did not however, boycott the game because that will hurt the morale of the players. :)

#221 azabaz_ipoh, Mar 21, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Okay. Let's all give each other a little breathing space.

Pemuda, stop it, otherwise I'll split my gut from laughing.

Just as fans need to air out their support in whatever way they can, without being called out for it, let's let Pemuda air his views out too.

Let's suspend belief for a moment and accept that no one's attacking anybody, and is merely using this forum to voice out their personal opinions, because everyone's entitled to their own.

-dave
    p.s. Just wait till eaglehelang gets online to BadmintonForum and the quote-fest, multi-color replies start flying. :D

#222 wood_22_chuck, Mar 21, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My dear, allow me to address 'the installation of current idiots first'.

Currently, those sitting pretty in BAM, NSC, Sports Ministry are politicians or their appointed lackeys. Now, ask yourself who appointed these politicians and their what nots in the first place?? Who put them in power??

In Msia not only our sports are in the shitter. Our education system, health care, transportation, judicial, police are all equally in the shitter. After 50 years of independence, we find ourselves lagging behind Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea, HK. Why do we continue to put up with these 3rd world standards?? Like it or not, all things lead to our current batch of politicians who is running this nation of ours to the ground.

Back to our sports i.e. badminton, put in monkeys and baboons, you get monkey business as the end product. You need to know, no matter what if our basic foundation is not right, things will be wishy washy. Thus, it is not surprising to see Malaysia today, despite all the money and best coaches we still dont have an Olympic gold or WC to show todate. And our players are mentally weak in the sense where they win one major title, they get the syiok sendiri Malaysia Boleh syndrome.

I am not talking about boycotting. I am talking about initiating real change. Yes, change those leeches, monkeys, apes, mongs, eunuchs, opportunists, lackeys and dead woods that are infesting BAM, NSC, Sports Ministry and all other sport bodies/associations. If they dont leave, we need to remove them via the ballot box. Take them out and in their place, we put in people who knows how to administer, finance, the game itself etc to run and manage all our sport bodies/associations. Remove the current subsidy mentality for a system that is based on meritocracy. Sports and politics should not mixed, period.

Things are changing in Malaysia as witnessed by all in the recently concluded 12GE. Even with your LCW helping out Ling Hee Liong in his election campaign are unable to prevent Hee Liong from being rejected by the rakyat at Gopeng. Hee Liong was trounced badly and sent packing home. This is the rakyat's message that they want change.

As for your call to name you one politician who never ever abuse power in his entire time as leader??? Tell you what, I give you a few names; Tok Guru Nik Aziz, Anwar Ibrahim, Kit Siang, Guan Eng. ;)

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Ok, ok I agree in the name of Malaysia Boleh and our tallest flag pole in the world, our space hitch hiking program and our world's biggest roti canai, let there be love and kisses all round.

5. wood_22_chuck

Electronics Technologist
    Point and counter-point.

I'd advise the partcipants (Pemuda, aza, eagle) to tread very carefully about moving the discussion into the political direction. Yes, this is one really powerful solution, but on the flip side, this is a sure-fire way to close down this thread asap.

-dave

6. wood_22_chuck

Electronics Technologist
    Not at all what I was suggesting. The discussion is fun to follow, and I still hope it to continue.

But I sensed a little frustration from aza, and cautioned against backing anyone into a corner, as this will degrade the discussion.

-dave

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Ok, point taken and accepted.

8. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    democracy means the choice of majority. not just your vote and my vote. so when the time comes when the majority choose different leaders, we'll see if things will change for the better. :)

as for the bolded parts, only GOD knows whether what you claim is the truth.

ok i agree. will be my last post on this matter. if we are gonna talk about politics, this is not the place. this is the place for badminton fans. who support the players they have chosen. pemuda will support WMC, i will support malaysian team. i think eaglehelang, koo_fan and xball is also supporting malaysian team. winston will support CHINA team. badmania and huangkwokhau will support indonesia team. :D let's all support our players. :) i will also support peter gade, hehehe, and lee yong dae, and tine rasmussen. :D

9. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    :D i am not frustrated dave. much less being backed into a corner. i only see it as pemuda and me having totally different way of looking at things. his way is not necessarily the right one and mine is not necessarily the wrong one. :D:p;):):cool:

there are things that i agree with him and there are things that i dont. i have that right. :)

10. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Closed

Well, it's happened again :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.