Victor New Racket Meteor X JJS ??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Polaroid, May 18, 2012.

1. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Disagree. You can get a feel of it, owe fast it will swing and head weight. Agree it's better to comment after actually hitting a shuttle though.

2. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Just get on with the comparison review...leave the poor bloke alone lol

3. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Actually, should b a rich bloke since he has two high-end rackets ; )

4. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    I only buy a racquet if I like the 'swing' but in the case of the tk6k, I didnt like the swing at all. In fact I walked out of the shop. I had to read and re-read lots of reviews before going back. I retested 3u and 4u version, which felt almost identical and took the plunge. BTW I'm loving it.

5. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

3 sessions with the jjs and 3 broken strings. I can't tame the beast!

6. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

High tension?
    Wrong string?

7. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

two times with vs850, one at 26X28 one at 24X26 and i also tried some old ashaway .73 string at 25X27. The most recent breaking on a backhand drive

8. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    bazzaman:
    Ur TK-6ooo is 3u or 4u?

9. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    It's 4u, the 3u didnt feel much heavier as there's only a few grams in it. You could theoretically get the lightest 3u and the heaviest 4u and they would be almost the same weight.

10. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    That's exactly my thoughts...great minds think alike.

11. MonkeyMadness

MonkeyMadness Regular Member

Just ordered one of these :)

12. Deity

Deity Regular Member

Ahh finally. Time for my amateur review. Little background of myself: been playing the game for more than 10 years since my father was a badminton coach of a university before. I would say im an intermediate - i only started playing competetively 5 years back. I play on a club level now at least once a week - 4 hours per session. I like singles over doubles but im more useful in doubles since i love smashing. My style is mostly strategic and smashing whenever i get the chance.

Now for the rackets specs. I got the mx90 3 weeks before the mx jjs so i got to spend more time with the mx90 which i thought i loved so much. Both 4UG2 mx90 - strung with bg 66 ult @ 26 lbs. Mx jjs - strung with zymax 65 @ 26 lbs. both orig grip removed - i gripped them both with used g10 then g11 on top of the g10.

Initial reaction - both of their designs are beautiful, at least to me. Just by holding them, im sure my jjs is more head heavier than the mx90. String pattern is the same - i put them side by side and got strung by the same stringer.

Hitting time!
    Mx90 - clears are very easy to do, little to no effort. I personally think it's less stiff than jjs but not that much. Drops, im not really good at but ive done so much better with this racket and probably also because of the string. Drives are awesome, it's fast and powerful for a head heavy racket. Defense is fun and unbelievable because i dont have to put that much effort to counter drop and defensive clears are easy and unexpected - you know when you think the bird is going out but out of nowhere, it's landed in? I had a lot of those moments with this racket. Smashing, oh I dont think i can stress enough how i love smashing with the mx90 cuz its just so good. Almost all the points i got tonight were from smashing. I love it!

JJS - first off, i gotta say that this racket drained me, it's really demanding and if you dont put enough power on the hit, youre in a dangerous situation my friend. It happened to me twice before i ended my session. Moving on, the clears are really effortless, you can pretty much put the racket in an angle and use it like hammer and u will do baseline to baseline easy. Drops are pretty much the same with mx90 but this one, i can control more since i find it stiffer than the mx90. Drives are better than mx90 because i found it faster for some reason. Jjs outshines mx90 in defense imo, again, i find it faster and more powerful. Smashing, i think its obvious that im in love with smashing, especially with these two rackets im comparing. Jjs again, is very demanding, it will drain you faster than you'll notice. I was distracted with my love for smashing that i didnt know im getting tired until im THAT tired. My smashes were accurate, steep, and powerful - both the mx90 and mxjjs.

Now im gonna tell you about the feel. They are almost the same racket but theres really something that will tell you they are different - like twins with different gender. I find that jjs is more like an extension of ur arm while the mx90 is a powerful tool you will love to use. Someone said that mx90 kinda feels hollow while the jjs is solid, and i agree. I think feel difference all come down to the material used. Jjs has little to no vibration, it quickly disappears imo, maybe because of the string + my grip setup im not sure. Mx90 has a different feeling of vibration, it's hard to explain really.

In conclusion, they are both amazing rackets. Virtually same specs but different feel. If you were to buy either one of them, i suggest you buy both haha. Both because mx90 has a sexy design and mxjjs because it's limited edition and i love jung jae sung. You have to experience the rackets to know what we mean when we say they are different.

Thanks for taking the time to read my first review. I tried hard! I hope my review cleared some questions. And critiquing my review will help me for my future ones! Thanks again :)

13. Deity

Deity Regular Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389236580.046035.jpg
    How i gripped them

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389236604.745906.jpg
    Materials used

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389236621.229230.jpg
    Heads, string pattern, not really that visible

14. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    grip with g11

15. Deity

Deity Regular Member

underneath, i have used g10s that touch the wood directly then g11 on top of that :)

16. wesley520

wesley520 New Member

badminton player
    i got meteorJJs racket

17. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Deity:
    Informative review!

18. Deity

Deity Regular Member

thanks! i tried hard!

19. Bbcboy

Bbcboy Regular Member

just wondering if anyone has both a 3u and 4u jjs, is there a big noticeable difference?

20. visor

visor Regular Member

@Deity
    Re feel, would you say 90 has more feel than JJS? Ie, JJS feels numb in comparison?