Goh V Shem / Lim Khim Wah

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ngkt67, Jun 8, 2013.

1. khelben23

khelben23 Regular Member

Lim's service has that element of surprise but it's very hard to perfect it and it's also very inconsistent.

The taunts made me feel a little awkward but it's all good fun, for me at least :D

The service judge probably slept for a little while when Lim obviously did a double take on one of his service, which CB tried to remind the judge.

Anyway, good job and well done LKW/GVS d('.')

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    not difficult at all,my friend.
    if they are on a rather good level,they wont get thrashed last week.
    goh is a great player,said that long time ago,but no suitable partner for him.
    the serve of lim appear more than his flash of brilliant in most of the match.
    he need some counseling on this matter,just like chan peng soon~

3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Yes, most that are close to bam, knows Goh is a good player with no good partners. They tried to pair koo and Goh in Thomas cup once but no good came out.

Lim is good at mid court but has a bad serve, so Goh has to serve and setup the play, it's kind of weird.

Lim is exceptional when it come to mid court and intercept but he lost as many points as he won it.

4. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Did you forget about mathias boe ? His netting skills are awfully awesome. But he rarely dominate the front court. And he's a lefty too.

About the taunting, you guys are overeact. Taunting in your own turf is probably the only advantage that you have in your arsenal.

I say the umpire might been ask why he would let such thing happen, but honestly, nobody can deny the excitement that they gave to the spectators. We all did cheer upon that too.

I wish this pair could go further while they still can. The only thing concerns me is that will BAM favors them into big tourneys again ? They have prooved they wont against the same opponent that beat their ' big brother ' in the 1st round.

Lastly, I still think Goh V Shem should find a better partner. But not sure if such partner exist in BAM's pool.

5. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    why the umpire should warn both of them? its not like they were insulting each other or making body contact. they were just show body gestures to boost the heat of game like Goh did in game 1 when he keep smashing and the shuttle goes long at the back of the court by CB/HW. Goh made a signal with his hand as showing "bring it on, keep lifting, i can smash it, i have amazing stamina, we not like our two big brother you kicked in the first round". fans are just overreacting about this matter, it was just four young boys enjoying a badminton with crazy crowd support. being a sporting umpire, edy rufianto is always a professional umpire that suit to md and ms match. he loves the game and enjoyed it, you can see he just smiled when both pairs lifted their hands at the game point and the end of game 1. the four boys were still under control and were just playing with the crowd. no point to spoil the party by giving a card or warn if all going well. i know he absolutely understand when to do that.

6. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Agreed. Umpire should only warn if the opponent doesn't like the taunting. Other than that I think it's just overreacting.

7. hellboy84

hellboy84 Regular Member

event coordinator
    Owh .... okey .... just not so sure about the rules in terms of taunting/mocking to your opponents (i never see players taunting each other before this, not in the higher level).

Then i should agree with you and M3Series about we just overreacting in this issue.

8. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    I beg to differ :p

Wild gesticulations, in-your-face aggression and taunting are NOT what make badminton lively. It's the pace, the power, the skills, the quick thinking, the deft touches, the twists and turns...

Cricket too is an out-and-out gentleman's sport.
    But no one would term it 'dull' (even when the Australians aren't sledging).
    In fact, any deviant behaviour is met with the comment "that's just not cricket".

I'm not advocating that everyone walk around in abject politeness and gallantry.
    A bright fire in your eyes and visible aggression in your play are good enough for most occasions.

See The Laws of Badminton 16.6.3 and 16.6.4
    See Players Code of Conduct 4.1.1 and 4.17

IMHO, the umpire did a poor job of controlling the proceedings.
    He should have intervened right away to warn against taunting.

Players have been warned for much less (shaking one's fist at the opponent, finger-wagging, etc). However, do note that shouts and gestures NOT directed at the opponent (or at anyone else) are totally within the rules.

Heartily seconded :p

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha~~~i cant help but imagine they will fight on court like the thai's
    :rolleyes:
    hopefully lkw will improve.
    or tan boon heong can throw koo away and request for partnership with Goh:p

10. hellboy84

hellboy84 Regular Member

event coordinator
    That's what i'm concerned about ... provocations ended up with fighting .... hopefully it will not happen.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Nah, don't worry... unless Tan partners Goh in a vicious match against Koo and Lim... then that's when sparks may fly... ;)

12. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

If Goh partner with Tbh will it be better than Goh/ LKW? Anyway congrats to them for winning MO. Hopefully they can improve in the next tournament. LKW seriously need to improve his serves.

13. hellboy84

hellboy84 Regular Member

event coordinator
    Then we will see Tan chasing Koo around the court. Hahaha

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    This victorious MAS pair deserves praise for beating first the 'notorious' DEN BoMo combo and went on to win the title to bring so much joy to the home crowd.

It would have been better if they did not get so worked up and taunt their opponents although it would appear from reports here that CHN started first. I thought GVS was the main culprit and I hope he will change for the better.

In any case, congrats to them and hope they will bring more joy to MAS fans.

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    At the Indian Badminton League, Goh V Shem was the quintessential gentleman all through the tournament.
    Perhaps this unusual outburst at the Malaysia Open 2014 was provoked by something behind-the-scenes.

We need inside info from the BAM :D

16. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

more like Koo chasing Tan around. TBH is too much of a coward to start chasing... lol lol lol

17. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Maybe it was the coach's strategy.. :p

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

The MO final was the only professional match when I seen them act like that. Even in the SF against Rian/Angga where it was EXTREMELY CLOSE, they have never acted like that, which is why I'm very puzzled.

19. hellboy84

hellboy84 Regular Member

event coordinator
    Too excited maybe?

20. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    i remember Goh did it once too (lifted his hands for crowd support) in SEA games indonesia.
    but cant remember vs who.