Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Dear Robin,,Badminton has become street fight since China open so is normal that its fans start to follow suit :)

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You have to swear on a stack of bible your allegiance to CHN, only then you are allowed to carry XXF's equipment bad and maybe her water bottle...hehehe!!!:D:p

3. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    I don’t think they use bible in china more about the RED BOOK! Everyone carry since baby!

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Sometimes we forget joy of watching and/or playing Badminton

Agree with you robin7, :):):)

Sometimes we discuss so many things here that we forget joy of watching and/or playing Badminton.

One such discussion that many have debated was the OSS vs NSS.

And those who really enjoy Badminton did the right thing... they still enjoy playing regardless of whether the OSS or the NSS is used.

So about LCW, I still enjoy how he plays, regardless of whether he is mentally tough or not.

Cheers... chris@ccc
    :):):)

5. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    New scoring system is sending the game into dissaray! That's what li yong bo said!

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Probably LYB still thinks his players will play better under the OSS

Hehehe...

Probably LYB still thinks that his players have better advantages if they were to play under the OSS. :):):)

BTW, when did he say that ?

7. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    LYB is good… so good that he takes the pressure of his players

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

9. fishyjojo

fishyjojo Regular Member

certainly, robin :)

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Mental toughness is more than just about one's determination to win. It is also about one's ability to handle pressure i.e. winning major tournaments away from home. It is also about one ability to handle fame with humility and not get distracted by it. Mental toughness is also about how one overcome adversity i.e. coming back from major injuries. It is also about preseverance.

As for LCW, this is where he is lacking as compared to Lin Dan. Look at the WC, held in LCW's backyard but the boy found the pressure too hard to handle and collapsed. The most recent one was last Sunday when a few close calls went against him. LCW was clearly affected by it and lost focus.

I have said many times, skills wise Lin Dan and LCW are pretty much neck to neck. The difference is the mental toughness on Lin Dan's part thus the numerous super series titles, 2 back to back WCs and 3 All Englands.

Thats the difference.

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dude, what I did was merely presenting the facts. And if that is hurtful to you, I suggest you wake up and accept the reality part. What else you want me to say? Sugar coat things for you so that it is easy on the eyes?? :rolleyes:

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Yes, you did indeed.

But since you took out the dictionary and threw that 'high-strung' label at me, I merely requested you to furnish me where and when was I 'high-strung'?? I simply want to know on what basis you claimed that I 'tend to be very nervous and easily excited'??

This has nothing to do with that 'agressive' thingy. Please dont mix things up, shall we?

And do let me correct you, you only mentioned badminton and not various sports in your "but i still cling to what i said--in games like badminton, umpires with the same nationality as anyone inside the court shouldn't be allowed".

... but anyway, lets move on ;) ... though should we apply your argument on not having umpires/linesmen 'with the same nationality as anyone inside the court', dont you think it can be a logistic issue i.e. you need to get umpires/linesmen from numerous countries???

Very nervous and excited now ;)

13. fishyjojo

fishyjojo Regular Member

guys, i swear this is the last time i'll go over this :p

here you go, pemuda:

from message #329:
    tut tut! read again, i'm not saying that lcw lost due to the bad calls. he probably admitted it himself that bcl was the better player on that day. having an umpire from the same country as one of the players/camps in any sport or any tournament like badminton per se is never fair in my book.

from message #336:
    sorry about the "tut tut" part. you were getting quite agressive so i reacted sarcastically.
    anyway, yes i do apply it universally, like what i said, in any sport and in any tournament.

from message #348:
    humans being prone to errors in judging is a given, but i still cling to what i said--in games like badminton, umpires with the same nationality as anyone inside the court shouldn't be allowed. it leaves for a smaller chance of any downright partisan officiating. -----> "IN GAMES LIKE BADMINTON" i said

now the reason why i gave yout those dictionary links was to prove to you that i wasn't wrong when i said "high-strung," to which you responded by saying "get your facts straight before you run that mouth of yours." do you see the flow? that's like saying "shut up and learn vocabulary." and i just had to prove that my vocabulary was completely fine.

now why did i say you were high-strung (agressive)?
    i asked, which i swear to my poor dog's grave, a perfectly innocent question which had nothing to do with bcl and lcw's match--isn't having umpires coming from the same country as one of the players inside the court unfair in itself? in your response, i was like "am i the person he is talking to? did i say anything wrong?" and that's why i thought you were agressive.
    i apologized for saying tut tut because, well, i thought you were being agressive and i just had to restate my own stand which was in relation to my very first question, because you may have misunderstood me--it was all about officiating.
    then you went wild and threw all those malaysian open thingamajiggers (which is why i said you were jumping to conclusions, because i simply had no idea what you were saying) and even almost called me hypocritical and being a sore loser. again, i was like "huh??? what on earth is he saying?"
    now, i took back my second apology later on because you did not acknowledge it and even said that i was bordering on being hypocritical and being a sore loser. how would anyone react if he were called that way, and even more so since it is so far from the truth?
    now do you understand why i said you were high-strung? :D

i'm so sorry for any misunderstanding, pemuda. *extends right hand to shake*

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

:D No probs dude. You give as good as you receive.

15. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Walkover for LCW?

Do you think Kuan Beng Hong will give a walkover to LCW ala Chen Hong to BCL?

Or will Beng Hong try his best to beat LCW like what Hafiz did to LCW at Singapore Open?

16. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    i do not doubt chen hong's decision to walkover.actually i cant.he has a reason.

beng hong.besides his cutey looks,theres nothing impressed me.theres no 'soul' in his games,it is my fault maybe, but the truth is i cant see his spirit to win a game.
    if u left him with big margin..lets say 08-18 .just assume u are the winner.he wont fight back.
    (enlighten me if im being too harsh)

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Got a question then. Hafiz got 'soul' in his game? Do you see his spirit in wanting to be a winner?

18. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    hafiz wanted the game.in certain cases,he lost himself.that is how he turn into recent hafiz

19. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    i felt sorry for LCW when he lose the China Open title to BCL
    it is clearly shown that unfair incidents happened
    due to poor judges and biased linesmen...
    he should have performed better without distractions...
    at least his chance stand at 50-50....of coz credit must be given to BCL
    as he played well too...
    but LCW realli impressed me in China Open due to:
    1) his super beautiful cross court net return during semi final against CJ
    CJ is dumbfolded coz of that return, i am very impressed!!!!
    2) his cross court smash, sharp and accurate
    3) he is calm during the whole game, esp. when he played CJ, he seems calm
    eventhough lose the first set
    4) his sportmanship, against BCL, he didnt lost his temper, of coz he protest
    but at least he aint PSH....and he continue the game until end...
    5) finally what i like most abt LCW is he still managed to applause BCL after
    the game and when he receive his runner-up trophy and cheque he still
    can smile wide, as if he won the MS champion (his smile is wider than
    BCL......really salute you, talk abt mental toughness...pls tell me LD can do
    that?

just my 5 cent to show my admiration to LCW, never intend to hurt any parties......

20. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Nope...no problem.

I'm just saying if China can play 'unfair' by resting star players...other countries can do the same....by resting star players....and let lesser countrymen player throw in the match. Chances are higher for the star player to progress...to the next round....hence higher chance of bagging the title. ;)

I hope LCW can beat BCL again when they meet.