Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Amin, you are reading too much 'cinta' (love) story:D...secondly, if you talk 'wahahaha' to her, you scare the heck of her :p, you should 'sayang, sayang' her...now wake up and go to school and hit the books:p:D

2. Liz Leong

Liz Leong Regular Member

Student
    I wouldnt put it down to politics being the reason LCW was given the Datuk title. I say LCW deserved the Datukship because he brought honours to the country and he is a dedicated player. We cannot compare him to the past players.

3. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student

I sleep after that , I dont read or watch any love story , and I do watch decade .
    SOrry out topic ya!!
    But now I really cant sleep!Keep thinking about that problem ...

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    i think Dato Lee dont not deserve a datuk title YET!

It will pe more proble to gip him after retirement...

anyway... This title in msia dont mean much, cause its given to UMNO ppl only! :cool:

5. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    put aside that Amin... as you always wanted to be excellent in the sport you must remain focus & beat your "friend " zul..

6. Amin Khalili

Student
    Yah Im sometime thinking about that , think about my career and my main dream , think about the dream that I always want to , train everyday , badminton !!! ... Yeah!! Road to badminton player! Journey to the badminton world!
    Waah!Out of topic laaa!!!!
    But 'my problem' is one of my latest dream , of course the main dream is badminton player!!!

out of topic out of topic!stop la!!!just reply in fb or ym is enough!

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    CSK/YKH also won that silver medal but why none of them being conferred the Datuk-ship, if you said DLCW's Datuk-ship is not because of politics? Tell me what is the different between those 2 medals?

Mohd Hafiz Hashim also brought honours to the country as he won the AE title, so do KKK/TBH. Why they are not being conferred the Datuk-ship as what DLCW get?

Just to remind you one thing, LCW did not ever won Major Championship yet in his career so far. How to measures 'brought honours to the country'? Because he is WR No. 1? If yes, how about CEH/WPT? Roslin Hashim? They should get the dATUK-SHIP also then.

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer

Good point...but maybe those silver biscuit medallists you mentioned above will one day be getting something bigger...Tan Sri;):p:D

9. SibugiChai

YAB
    TIMING!...

one is No PEmatang Pauh... one is during permatang pauh...

but to be fair to Dato Lee... He is the longest Msia Player at No.1 Spots... others mostly just for a week o two... except WPH/CEH!

No MAJOR title but consistently playing at a very HIGH level...

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

tell me what's the difference between 2008 Olympic Games Silver Medalist and 2003 ALL england title;);) Which 1 is more precious?;) p/s Tell me what's the difference between the year 2003, 2007, 2008 and 2009, dato hasbullah awang:p. Forget about the major championships 1st la.:D

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Long before we have WC and OLY, AE is the inaugural world championship or unofficial world badminton championship. That was during King Rudy's times. These 3 are badminton majors, well add in AG just to make it a slam of 4 majors (in my opinion AG is iffy since it does not hold the same participation of the world top players, especially with the European missing in action).
    Outright winning any of the 3 majors means the winner is the champion, runner-up is still runner-up, which is good but not good enough. Winning a SS or Gold is a major achievement for any player, but it is just one more biscuit to medal, one winning cheque to bank and really, quite easily forgotten. That does not diminish Datuk whom I rate as a very good and entertaining player, top 2-3 in the world (not bad at all), WR1 for a while now (LD not playing is not LCW's fault) and one player I would pay to watch especially if he face off against LD. Just my 2 cents opinion;)

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Did you follow the post? If you just simply reply, than i will have to tell the story again.

See, some member here stated that Lee's Datuk-ship is not because of politics. Instead, he/she claimed that it is because of Lee's effort to bring honours to the country.

Well, if it is like that, why CSK/YKH, won the silver-medal in 96 Olympic Games did not get the Datuk title? Theirs is the 1st Silver medal for Malaysia in Olympic Games. So Georgeboy, it's you turn to tell me what is the difference between 96 silver-medal and 08 silver medal?

13. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    I don't think we have to argue over the datukship LCW received... it's not like he's been begging and asking to be given one, the State where he was born decided to honor him with one... he only did what he does best, which is playing great badminton and if people wanna recognized him based on his consistency and achievements, why should we question it? beside, I think this datukship also adds burden to LCW and I don't believe he is vastly happy knowing the fact that people are looking forward for more from him...

before I have asked, "Can we ever allowed to decline a datukship?" but that question remains unanswered... What happened in the past with out former great badminton players, the reason why they didn't receive the datukship or similar honors like LCW, should not be compared with what LCW have received thus far... again, this is what big people in Penang thought he should get... LCW himself has been working really hard non-stop to earn his living and keeping Malaysia in competition with other forces like Denmark, China, etc... he's the best we got NOW in badminton... the most consistent... his inability to win major titles is still an unsolved issue, but I believe one day if not this year, he'll be able to win one of his own. I don't think our former great badminton players would think too much over a datukship cos during their times, they played because it's their passion and they did it for Malaysia... I believe LCW is also playing for the same reasons and fortunately for him people are giving him what they think he should get out of his hard works... I thank them and I thank him for never giving up.

14. SibugiChai

YAB
    Shah Rukh Khan

I think it is possible...

exp: Encik Ghafar Baba & Samy Vellu... they dont want their datukship until much later

Another example is Shah Rukh Khan!! :cool:

15. george@chongwei

Yes, i did follow your post clearly. Actually i have to agree too that It is lee's effort to play for malaysia and bring honours to the country always. If it wasn't him, then where on earth in the medal tally during the OG08 malaysia got a silver medalist came from?? The person who wants to give the datukship title is of course the penang state government. We cannot say anything about that. LCW would just receive it. Its the one who gave the datukship award decision on why they gave such title. Look at shah rukh khan.. any complain? we can't do anything. on your 1996 og silver medal, i could say TIME HAS CHANGED.;) we are already in the millinium year now. ;)
    andf if you want more further explanation, here u go..:D

16. george@chongwei

ok, enough talk about the 'datukship' issue. Let's get back to topic.

17. Amin Khalili

Student
    Malaysia Boleh!
    Lee Chong Wei Boleh!!
    So any updates of his injury?

18. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    hopefully it won't affect his peformance & his ex lover in China Masters

19. Liz Leong

Liz Leong Regular Member

Student
    The times are different.

Based on your logic, you may as well compare yourself with your grandparents. We now have internet, h/phones while our grandparents dont. A teacher salary now is much much higher than a teacher salaries 30 years ago, right?

As for LCW, do you need a world title to justify the datuk titles? How about hard and honest work? LCW sure worked hard to bring honours to our country. We just cannot compare him to others or else how do you justify the lands given to Jalani & co when they won the Thomas Cup? How come Jalani & co get lands while Rabuan Pit dont get when he won the 100 meters race in Asia games?

20. Liz Leong

Liz Leong Regular Member

Student
    How do you decide whether LCW deserve or dont deserve the title yet? I would it is his luck to get it now and he deserve it because he work hard to win honours for Malaysia.

Anyway, life is never about being fair or else they will be no rich and poor people.

... and by the way, i dontt think Lcw is a UMNO people!:rolleyes: