Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    thanks Vien! I didn;t received the email from Ashley, maybe he forgotten my persistent

2. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    man early January is the best time - its like 60 Celcius inside the stadium and a test of true manhood who can keep playing all night :p

3. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Just my little effort to populate the courts at Ballarat next year - they should pay me commission on all the entry fees we have caused wanting to kick our ass in B grade:D

4. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Yes that is correct I will be defending my Yokozuna crown during those 3 weeks in Japan. I thought I was fighting you in the first round Vien, but I just noticed you dropped down a few divisions. A sign of a truly devoted trophy hunter - doesn't matter what sport as long as you are holding trophy at the end.

Even though we are closed for 3 weeks I don't think you will attend anyway Vien. In fact no one has seen you for a while. Your leash is now very short. It's either dinner with QA family (practically inlaws):p, shopping with the girlfriend (boss):rolleyes:, attending to every wish while she is watching TV:eek:, or you just feel guilty playing badminton more than once a week as she will get upset.:crying:

5. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    .. I'm just resting the body, giving the joints and muscles time to recover so that by the start of trophy hunting season next year I'll be 100% and good to go :D
    .. its already paying off, both my tennis elbow and achilles tendon are easing .. so will be able to get the high and powerful jump smash happening again :)

P.S. ... I wanted to compete against you Japan .. but unfotunately I still dont have a passport so cant leave the country :p

6. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Need to play!!

panic panic - can I find a place to play badminton this Saturday???????????:crying:

Suffering saturday night withdrawal symptoms! Even MSAC is booked out:(

Where can we go Titans???

7. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    let's go badminton skates this sat!

8. moore_shady

moore_shady Regular Member

how much non-member to play?thanks.

9. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    "how much non-member to play?thanks. "​

There is no membership fee at Titans, everyone pays the same fix rate set out by the jolly fat hippie dude we call FatLey.

..Titans is a not-profit organisation that uses the surplus after court and shuttles are payed, to fund annual club events like the Melbourne Cup day BBQ, Dinner nights, Club Lunch, traditional chocolate Easter egg hunt down Carl's pants day, so on.... and if it keeps raining like it has the club will have to subsidise swimming lesson to get everybody to badminton.

...and its also a club tradition that every new female player slap Ashley hard across the face on thier first night ... so please adhere to our time honoured tradition if you intend on join us :)

#1089 vienb, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  10. moore_shady

moore_shady Regular Member

geez thanks, so it's on every sat 7-10pm still?

11. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    We start at 7:30pm and play till 10pm. The cost is $10 per player.

If you slap Ashley the cost is $350 (enough for me to buy a new Li Ning racket)

If you slap Vien the cost is $8 and if you slap him hard enough and leave a red hand mark on his cheeks you can play for free. Honest :D

12. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Y
    You'll hav 2 wait till next week to slap me, wont b able to make it tonight. . stuck in Port Campbell due to the flood ;-)
    And if u havent notice my avatar, Yes Loke Poh's reign of terror is over. .. And believe it or not young Sammy is the new president of Badminton Victoria. .. Now i cant use my Loke Poh shirt anymore :-(

13. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
  14. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    hey man, Ballarat never has D grade. There are only a few kids that play C grade, most of Melb guys who fill in the A and B grades and a few Open players again mainly from Melbourne...We suggest you enter A grade :)

15. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    r u going for open grade? i should be 1 grade lower than you & vien :D

16. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Sure we'll be entering in Open grade .. so you can safely go ahead and enter A-Grade knowing we wont be in it :p

No D grade cause its a combine grading system this year .. A/Open together and B/C together .. probably trying to simplify the running of things ... and with B/C combine and no D .. you're throwing all the trophy hunters together and letting them fight it out ..... so if you're a genuine C dont bother .. predicting it'll be Me and Anthony Vs Nemesis again ... maybe i can convince those Nemesis guys not to smash at Anthony so we can stand a chance .. should tell them its a new badminton rule mandated by the new Badminton Victoria El Presidenta Mr Pee-J :rolleyes:

17. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    You greedy! Aiming for prize money this year... for me, i just trying my luck to obtain 1st trophy in oz land but this must be a very tough job with carrying more than 100kg weight on the court and the experienced trophy hunterssssssssssss around!

18. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    mannnn, it is sooo tough to get a trophy these days...by far TOO many trophy hunters around, but experienced ones like me and Vien will always find a way..even if its flying to some remote part of Australia to find a D grade that will accept us:D

@Vien - HEY:mad: we beat Nemesis last Ballarat tourny, and am sure they smashed me just as much as YOU grrrr...actually I add an amendment to Badminton Vic rule on me, NO drop shot to me, and no trickshot too me, my legs are going down hill fast, should have seen me last night, sore knee too:(

Speaking of which we should book flights soon, the earlier the cheaper right? AND DON'T TELL everyone where we are flying too, needless to say it does involve a secret Army base in the remote desert:cool:... other Trophy Hunters might pick up the scent;)

OH and good news for me - found (stalked some ppl may say) Dina, my DENMARK mixed doubles partner, she is only a mere 17,000kms away and so some details may be needed to be worked out for this year's further trophy collection in mixed:p

#1098 Robbo77, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  19. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    dude, are you scaring me away? seems that you are pouring cold water & trying to prevent me participate in this tournament! hey....our level is like yesterday's match(LD vs LCW)... you are a level higher than me... you will win as long as you wants to :)

Anyway, i still have not decided whether to join bcoz of the distance & most importantly.... no one would like to partner me yet

#1099 eugene, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  20. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    hahaha! no man, just giving you some wisdom from our many years playing tournament here...There are probably 8 tournaments this year, you will soon have idea what its like GOOD LUCK! Ash is organising Ballarat, probably organising Geelong too. Bound to be many player going/travelling so you can easy find partner and come along :)