Any more users of Tetracross 700 ??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by twobeer, Oct 5, 2007.

1. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher
    In my bag right now I have one fischer magnetic pro no1, 1 fischer magnetic tour83 , 1 carbnex20sp plus this new one.

Before I've YY Armotec9000 technique (broken), and YY Nanospeed8000 (sold it)

I just want to try Mizuno because I'm also play volleyball, generally volleyball player likes Mizuno's brand, hehe :D

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    hehe.. Yes you see a lot of mizuno in Volleyball :D ... You meant AT900T, right??

/Twobeer

3. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    My TC 700 BP is 315 mm :eek: and yes very stiff.....dont know if compare to at700 but surely more stiffer than my at900P/T
    Using NBG 98 at 24X26 lbs and still using original grip ( very comfortable feel grip :D ) this racket is absolutely "beast". Hard to get sweetspot but if it happen you'll fell "boom" sensation :D very powerful to smash.....quite hard to defense from smash with this but control and manuver is superb.
    Many thanks for your review @twobeer and i was gambling to order this racket from shuttle-house to Indonesia...i order the 1st gen (40% discount, how can you ignore that :D) even i hate the green color scheme but the paint job is very smooth and nice.

are you sure? feel more better? After my wish list done, Tetracross 700 new color will be my primary target :D it's worthed to be collected :p
    I have something to ask, if compare to GP-10 what Yonex type you feel almost same like it? Any recommended other trusted online shop sell this baby with very competitive price ? :D:D:D Thanks before :D

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I would say GP-10 is like a cross between AT900P and T (stiffer than T, but with a box type frame much like the P)..

have not seen any online shop (apart from shuttle-house in japan, that have the mizuno line).. I am also interested if there are other sellers of these models!

cheers,
    Twobeer

5. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    ^
    cool....thx, i'll get that too :D maybe more suitable for double game than TC700....

6. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher
    i've tried just now. Feels great, but the only problem is I order G4, my old racquet, Ficsher also G4, but my TC700 are slightly bigger than my Fischer

7. kimir

kimir Regular Member

Nisrol JR, how much did u pay for your tc700 including shipping?

#47 kimir, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  8. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

i think the grip for the mizuno are bigger, I think I got a G5 and it feels bigger than my yonex, somebody told me some company's grips are in reverse, so G5 is the thickest I don't know if that applys to the Mizunos...

9. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    It is definitely a worthwhile investment. I bought it (the old color) from someone on BC, who no longer seems to be active since my purchase. I have not had much time to play with it, since I received it near the end of the season, but I did use it in a few games. Strung with NBG 98, there's an odd feeling from the string's inherent slipperiness. However, the power and control are definitely apparent.

I could've tried it out more during the summer, but it became mainly a break-in period for my AT 900P. :p

Oh, btw, mine's a 2U, which seems to still be extraordinarily maneuverable, even more so than my 3U AT 900P, despite having a 305 mm bp.

#49 Tsumaranai, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  10. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher

The price including shipping charges is 20217 yen, they charge about 1380 yen for shipping.

When I purchased it, last two weeks, after I convert to MYR, it becomes MYR660. But hardly to believe, :eek: when I just check right now, 20217yen equal to MYR773!!!.My God! MYR become weaker day by day :mad::(

Same price I convert to Singapore dollar, equal to SGD322.97. But not sure the shipping charge are the same or not.

Link of currency converter: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency

#50 NisroL_JR, Oct 26, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  11. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    it is a pity the mizunos badminton-gear dont seem to be sold in asia (apart from Japan), europe :(

12. pumpkin

pumpkin Regular Member

Mizuno rackets are available in the Philippines. Unfortunately, the Tetracross series are not available here. The GP series are sold here. I had a GP-7 (broken) and now I use a GP-9. I'm tempted to buy the GP-10 but I've sworn off buying rackets. They are uniformly priced at about US$100.00.

I alternately use my GP-9 and my YY Cab30.

13. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

While the other economies are in recession.. Japan still is keeping up. The Japanese yen became twice as strong as two months ago, compared to the New Zealand dollar. Now is not the right time to buy goods from Japan, but again.. now is the right time to buy the TC700 before it's too late :p

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I am placing an order for a few more as well :D

/Twobeer

15. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    hi pumpkin, can you recommend me a reputable shop in manila where i can purchase a gp-10? thanks.

16. pumpkin

pumpkin Regular Member

They're sold only in Mizuno stores. They have two stand alone stores and have stores in some of the bigger malls. Retails for about PhP 4,500.00 which is actually less than US$100.

btw, I asked for a discount when I bought my shoes and racket. They took 5% off.

17. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    thanks pumpkin!

18. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher
    I am also think of that. So which model do you think suitable for very fast double game??

19. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  20. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I could not resist temptation.

I ordered two Mizuno racquets:
    -1x Mizuno Tetracross 700 2UG5 ( the 3U's were out of stock )
    -1x Mizuno GP 10 3UG5.

The racquets were on sale, 50% off and 35% off respectively at shuttle-cock.com; but unfortunately for most members of BCBF, that shop does not accept payment by creditcard which means that they also do not ship their equipment overseas :(.

The total price was 30950yen, including the two racquets, the stringing fees, the strings ( BG66S ), the delivery fees and the service fee.

I had them sent to my relative's house in Japan, so it's all good for now.

The 2U TC700 sounds like a beast. The 50% discount was just unavoidable.
    I have no problems playing with my heavily modified AT700 even-balanced "2U" ( It was 3U, but I taped the frame and put plasticine inside the wooden handle ) which feels heavier than my CAB8 2U, so I guess that I'll get used to the TC700 2U quickly. The only set-back is the stiffer shaft.

I can not wait till I get to use it.