JJS/LYD - Road to the WR #1

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by narnia, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Becareful when u put your comment here. ''IF u didnt watch the game in the stadium, you should SHUT UP.'' Remember there's 01 Bcer who sound u at another thread?:D:D

2. narnia

narnia Regular Member

"As you might expect, LYD must have got many net points at the finishing stage."

Anyone who has kept watching his playing in the series of his games will agree with this. LYD is dominating in front net play. :)

3. narnia

narnia Regular Member

2009 Mas Md Sf

The true strength always appears in the finishing phase... :)

It was very weired plays but the final JJS/LYD style dominated at the end.

The ENG team came very well trained this time and they succeeded to put LYD in the back with rapid rallies. However, as the matches going into the rubber set, especially Anthony grew tired out to be slow so LYD could cover the front net much easily.

Attached Files:

#43 narnia, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  4. narnia

narnia Regular Member

As JJS/LYD advances to the Final while MK/HS falls off, the ranking points are expected to be adjusted in favor of KOR duo after this Super Series. One step closer to the WR #1.

5. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    JJS/LYD deserved every title they got.World num 1 is unofficially belongs to them,period.
    For me(at least),they are one of the most enjoyable pairs i've ever seen.I hope they can win tommorow.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u nid to beareful when u didnt watch the game...the england pair just gifted the match at the final stage of 3rd set...;)...mistake here and there...:D

7. narnia

narnia Regular Member

I did watch all the games. And Mistake - That's very part of real strength. Why mistake? Because they were pressured by their opponents. That's not excuse from the top players. (If you play badminton casually, you'll find that the weak players always complain about their mistakes forgetting their opponents are stronger than them. The stronger players force the weak players to make mistakes.) :)

#47 narnia, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Errrr, I think what others meant is having watched the game either on tv or in stadium, rather than just looking at the stats in Tourney Software. Sometimes the TS stats does not reflect accurately the game or comes up weird, different2 ppl manning it put it different2 category.
    The QF matches I think wasnt shown on tv. It sure was not on livestream, only Semi & Finals was. Anyway, nvm, let narnia do his/her analysis.;)

#48 eaglehelang, Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  9. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

How do you explain all the mistakes LYD/JJS, made in the Super Series Finals.. finals? Any top pair/player can have bad games. I think anyone knows that :confused:. And Koo/Tan should be number two... because... they beat MK/HS in the Super Series Finals? If you've really been following everything lately you'll know that MK/HS haven't been quite in top form lately.

The way I see it is that MK/HS and LYD/JJS are the best two pairs in the world. KKK/TBH still have a little bit of proving to do... But hopefully they can get back their old flair.

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Now this is comical indeed. Who is equating LYD to Rudy Hartono??:confused:

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Lol :D ... but I like the comical acts they put up like one who simply claimed that I am equating LYD to Rudy Hartono. I thought the guy only has some problems with numbers as he is unable to differentiate between greater than 50% and 50%.

12. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Congrats on 2009 MAS Win

While INA's new partnership showed a number of jump smashes getting the 1st game but got tired out very early, KOR duo won the 2nd and rubber sets very easily. The new partnership beat the same country's MK/HS in this Series.

Attached Files:

13. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Yeah, I think the mistakes by LYD/JJS are also from their lack of strength. They are not perfect either. The strength consists of a variety of factors. The only excuse would be their physical status at that time like injuries. That's my opinion. You can think other way. :)

14. narnia

narnia Regular Member

2009 MAS SS. Thanks to lurker.

Attached Files:

15. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Quite interesting stats until now.

They won all the titles of Super Series they had "participated" from 2008 AE SS:
    (The 10 regular SS games considered except the SSF when they were runner-up.)

2008 All England SS
    2008 Swiss Open
    2008 China Open
    2008 Hong Kong Open
    2009 Malaysia Open

It just means that whenever they go to Super Series they always win. (Maybe Korea Open has been the hardest venue for the duo.)

I know MK/HS had won SS titles consecutively after Olympics in 2008 but it's when most top-rankers didn't participate in the games as well as this KOR team.

Real dominance continues... The only threat is coming up by KKK/TBH. However, the KOR duo seems too brilliant to learn the threat. And some new faces are challenging the dominance but once again if they come to know the style of their opponents they know quickly how to deal with it.
    (This is the reason why they are called "come-back master". They always win the rubber set and it's happening at the final stage of the game.)

Now everybody knows that you should care for the LYD's net plays as well as JJS's high jump smashes or surprising drops so you should put LYD in the back and force JJS to make errors. But you know... you can't do it as you think. This is the difficulty for the most top-players experiencing when they match against the KOR duo. Until now, they are failing to keep LYD from approaching to the net.

Anyway, Badminton 2009 will give us another enjoyment of expecting who will break the dominating pressure from the KOR duo. :)

#55 narnia, Jan 11, 2009
  16. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Congrats JJS/LYD for winning yet another SS titles.
    The way they played with less unforced errors throughout the whole match meants its becoming more & more difficult for other pair to defeat them.
    Their superior & mental toughness always lift themselve out of trouble especially during crucial stages.
    However, I did see some "minor" problem in them. If the opponents keep smashing hard, they will defense like robots :p . A smart opponent should mixed their smash with drop shots more nearer to the front court. In many occasions, JJS need diving hard to retrieve the drop as he almost caught off position..
    I noticed they often face some obstacles when one of their opponents is leftie. That's the same problem happened to Danes veterans -- LP/JR.
    In order to bear them consistently , maybe we need to pair up 2 Leftie top doubles players? xD

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

They are definitely..

...on the up and up. With focus in their game, i think only injuries will hamper their success or domination.
    They've got a big bull's-eye on their back, for sure.
    What's more interesting is that, LYD plays not only the MD event but also the XD, where he is also as exceptional.
    Talk about "killing 2 birds with 1 stone"...:cool:

*samuel882, what you wrote about the style of play their opponents need to apply (mixing shots) has been brought up by LYD as well (if i remember in another article, right after the SS Masters Final).:cool:

#57 ctjcad, Jan 11, 2009
  18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

u have to take lots of pics of them to post here during korea open..
    is that ok?:)

19. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Right, I agree. To put it more general, they tend to be stronger against known players. On the contrary, if they meet players they have not played much enough they require some time to learn their opponents' style, that's why they often lose 1st game to the new faces. The leftie strategy would be considered from this point of view so that it makes LYD spend more time to have anticipation of their movement. So, one of the best strategy to win the KOR duo would be winning the first two games not going to the rubber set. They should finish the match as early as possible. That's exactly happened to the danes in Olympics and Koo/Tan in SSF Final. :)

#59 narnia, Jan 11, 2009
  20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I would..^^

..tend to think JJS & LYD were feeling that bit of pressure during the Olympics (considering it's their first time playing in such a big stage and against 2 proven veterans, who've been there before). Surprisingly, LYD was able to regain his poise and navigate his way (w/LHJ) all the way to winning the Gold in the XD.:cool:
    Their loss vs. KKK & TBH in the recent SS Masters Final, imo, was more likely due to their mental lapse-->unforced errors.