RKEP Grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by perfectgravity, Feb 24, 2010.

1. yeeah

yeeah Regular Member

Some comments on the Ultimate. Maybe it's just me and my poor wrapping skills. I found it very hard to wrap the Ultimate without wrinkles. My overlap is about 1/8". The bulgy center is not stretchy enough to make wrapping an easy task. I wrap my grips tight, but not kung fu grip tight. Doesn't matter to me really, I always throw an overgrip on top and all is covered up. I've used Black Knight ridged and Karakal Super PU in the past and never had a hard time with those. I must say though that the finishing tape is far beyond better than anything BK, Yonex or Karakal ever included.

2. Squash Eric

Squash Eric Regular Member

trading company
    I found that it is very hard to wrap ULTIMATE on badminton handle with wrinkles too.

But I think it is not so much matter.

ULTIMATE remain very tacky even when you got totally sweat after hot games – this is the most important one.

Also it is quite endurable.

3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    well.. it seems someone read my mind! lol!
    yes, exactly what yeeah said
    the ultimates is pretty hard to use, I feel like I'm warping the handle with something quite stiff (got many wrinkles)
    I like the tackiness though

a little bit comment about the finishing tape, even though it's pretty stretch (Which is good) however the glue come off easily

@Eric:
    a question about power master, is it pretty stiff like this?
    I would want something less stiff, can be applies easily, and without wrinkles (I'm a little bit of perfectionist, actually it took me quite some times to apply the ultimate..)

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Any reason to do so (in bold)? You are certainly not the first but whenever I see someone mention they got this and that super-duper replacement grip .... with this and that overgrip?? Does it matter a single ounce what replacement grip is underneath? Why even get something expensive like a Karakal or Ultimate replacement grip only to cover it up with an overgrip? Like I said you are not alone but I fail to understand this combo every time I see it :p;) ...

5. verybadplayer

verybadplayer Regular Member

Retired racket tester
    same thing here. I have been using karakal pu super grip and never had any issue. But the ultimate is just grip is just not strechable at all and I always have a wrinkle or two at the starting two wraps. a little bit longer will also help just 3 cm more so that i can reach the cone given that i had to use more to cover the wrinkles at the beginner. I have also used the Elite and it's even worst as the Ultimate has some thickness to it and u don't really feel the wrinkle underneath.

6. Squash Eric

trading company
    [FONT=&quot]POWER MASTER[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: is medium stiff but not as stiff as ULTIMATE. The surface is a much more dry feel which is not as tacky as ULTIMATE. However, the curve line on the dry surface could enlarge your gripping power and keep your sweaty hand holding the racket firmly.

Stiff: is not a bad thing as it means the grip could last longer. Too soft will sure wear off very soon like our G01 SUPER SOFT grip --- G01 SUPER SOFT grip: with super soft feel which could makes you feel best --- in the 1st few hours and then wear off very soon that you need to replace it in order to keep good hand feel. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Just like cloth, not everyone like the same cloth as each one got his own preference.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Grip is the same. We will try to keep on finding new material to offer better grip which could meet most of users need.[/FONT]

7. verybadplayer

verybadplayer Regular Member

Retired racket tester
    I agree. Nonetheless both ultimate and elite RKEP grips are definitely very good in terms of tacky feel. I haven't tried the power master yet but I do have a pack. I'll try it out after i wear out my current grip. :)

8. Fly_Away^_^

Fly_Away^_^ Regular Member

SAP Basis Consultant
    I actually bought 2 dozen of G09 grip from RKEP. Usually my palm start to get really sweaty about 15 min into each session.

But the G09 is able to maintain its tackiness after 1 hour+. So I would comment that this is a good choice for people with sweaty palm.

I do notice that color plays a part too. So far, I notice, yellow, blue & pink do not lose their tackiness after continuous usage for 2 hour.

#288 Fly_Away^_^, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  9. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    @ Squash Eric

Thank you for the comparison between the two grips, I've been trying to get a firm answer throughout the whole thread. It's not to say that I don't like the Ultimate grip, it's actually great. I haven't come close to having it fly out of my hands even during pretty heated sessions. It's more of a comfort thing because it feels probably more slippery than it actually is. That being said, I like it a little more than the Karakal PU super grip, and that's saying a lot. Once the ultimate grip wears out on this, I'm going to try out the Power Master grip and post my reviews in probably a few months or so =)

10. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

package.JPG

can't wait to receive my Elite order. if these are tackier than the Yonex supergraps then i'm happy!

11. druss

druss Regular Member

Well... I order 45 of these (G09) and then ended up buying two rackets later on from him. The rackets come with 10 grips included so now I'll have 65 total... oh well, won't have to buy any for a while now... :)

12. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

Eric is awesome like that.... lol

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    nice choice of colors. :)

i noticed those are G09 white instead of G09L white. any reason you didn't choose the L?

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    nice choice of colors. :)

i noticed those are G09 white instead of G09L white. any reason you didn't choose the L?

15. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i followed your advice on the better performing colours. the G09L only came in white and it was a different listing to the G09. can you mix and match between G09 and G09L?

16. Squash Eric

trading company
    YES, you could bid at G09L listing and tell me if you want to mix with some G09 standard length (and the color you wished)

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    tested another good color, yellow.

18. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

Seems like you're claiming different color gives different characteristic and performance. Could it be a psychological/visual illusion?

19. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i think kwun's comments are founded in feel (i.e. tackiness) and performance (NOT player performance but grip performance). if it's true how different coloured strings can give different performance and feel, i don't see why not for grips. they use different dyes etc to colour the grips after all.

20. khmaiboi92

khmaiboi92 Regular Member

Full Time Student
    This is my order, got two of every color plus an extra black and grey

[​IMG]