Wanted: link yonex counterfeit or original :)

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by sidney, Sep 14, 2006.

1. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    @ matt .. very correctly said mate... i did get confused to some extent though... but yaa.. rough idea.. definitely...

@maa -- i have thought o some chekpoints on identifying the duplicate... kindly help if these will do...
    1. Serial no. to b engraved abd not printed... also the one on the cone cap should have the format as DDMMYYxDC .. DC is distribution code...
    2. paint job chek.. chek for rough edges too...
    3. grommets chek... smooth finish...
    4. grip to b packed in a tight polythene and not loosely packed with a barcode on it...

i hope this will help... kindly guide pls...

2. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Yes, I personally tried to take off the "Yonex" hologram sticker myself, and my racquet is from JP. It's hard to take it off because it broke into halves after I was peeling it half way off...

3. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    hmmm... yonex hologram even i knw wont come off coz o the special adhesive... but like i said in south asia we have sunrise as the yonex goods provider and they put their hologram instead o yonex s... :crying: ... n this comes off easy... can b copied too.. lalala... stuck...

4. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I have a SP Arc10 and yes, the Sunrise sticker comes off easily. But! The Yonex sticker is well-sticked and can't come off.

I tried it on my JP racquet because there was a bubble and I tried to squeez it out, but turn out that the bubble won't come out and I tried to take the sticker off because it doesn't look nice with the bubble. Proven that the sticker is security proofed and cannot be taken down in whole.:(

5. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    hey Gemcat.... so wht does a guy like me do then... coz we have sunrise thing here... i already posted some points to identify the duplicate yonex racket... cud u add any more to those or will those suffice...

6. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Actually, my SP Arc10 has both the Sunrise sticker and the Yonex sticker on the cone, but the Sunrise sticker can be taken off easily while the Yonex sticker is sealed perfectly. Just so you know that I bought the racquet in Hong Kong.

7. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    u lucky fella... hmmm... hey... just 1 QQ... not o this thread though... am an intermediate to advanced palyer... wht do u suggest... CAB 8000 or MP 22 Lt.... i knw am confused at times... :p ... am more of a defensive player... with drop shots and basically overhead clears... but smash whenever i see a gap... court coverage is my biggest +ve....

8. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

- what is your racquet's distribution code ?
    - if "SP", then is there any "PBSI" logo ?, is there any letters S & P on that logo ?

9. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    ohhhh... so thts how it works... i didnt see the PBSI logo on my racket... i didnt buy it as a result... :( .. the distribution code was not SP for sure... but cant recall wht it was... didnt knw bout the serial no. format tht time u see... i was basically looking for made in jap at the cap at the bottom... hmmm... so i ll keep this in mind this time...

wht all Distribution codes will have the PBSI logo??

10. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Why am I a lucky fellow? Don't you have Yonex sticker on your racquet too? Haha...:rolleyes:

Anyway, I don't see why you would choose those two racquets, perhaps budget restrain? I would choose something like Nanospeed 800, the red one because it can stay with you longer as you develop your techniques and muscles.

So have you bought a racquet? If you are new to identifying genuineness of a racquet, you should search some posts or online about how to identify. Since there are many fake racquets that look like the real ones, you will need to identify every detail possible.
    You may want to look: http://www.badmintonrepublic.com/fake/Fake-English.htm

For PBSI logo sticker, most Asia-Pacific region codes will have it except CH, CP, and TW. I don't know about HK racquets though, never owned one...

#30 Gemcat, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  11. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    correct... my yonex has no sticker on it... thts wht i said the sunrise hologram is there but no yonex hologram... budget restrain yes... but isnt MP 22Lt a gud racket... i heard its gud enough.. of course NS 9000 X is awesome... but wont MP 22 Lt b a ok choice??/

thanks for the link mate... tht helps...

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    For low end rackets, the possibility of obtaining a fake is lower because the fake peopel make less profit, compared to making fakes of the high-end rackets.

If you have pictures of your racket, we could see if it's genuine if you would like.

13. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    i ll post them shortly man... though its definitely fake cozz the model name itself has never been heard by anypne//// CS-007 ... the lowest i knw is B series and this is not even tht... has a aluminium shaft... one strange thing is tht it has the sunrise hologram on it.. which kinda confuses me... any idea on the same?

14. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Yes, MP22 LT is a good racquet, but it can only stay with you for so long. I didn't say you have to go extreme like a NS9000X, my recommendation is "Nanospeed 800", the red one. It's a bit more expensive than the MP22 LT, but it can stay with you longer.

It's very unlikely to have lower-end fakes because it doesn't meet the economic reasons to make them.

15. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    hmmm... so MP 22Lt wont b there for long as compared to NS 800...i ll chek rite away bout NS 800 mate... thnks for the info...

Bout the racket being fake... now tht u mention it i applied some of the fake identification fundaas n it seems tht it is actually original though i never heard of this model y yonex... the yonex hologram doesnt come off and chips off when tried to do so... also the serial no has distribution code SP n so the hologram... paint job is kinda cool... i ll post the pics soon........