Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    I'm working on correcting that dilemma :D

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Christmas already? :D
    Speaking for myself, I feel the VT80 is too good for me. An AT900T will satisfy me nicely, thank you! :)

3. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

If you have a third or fourth racket, try stringing one at 28 and 30 too respectively (you've train in your martial arts years:cool:)...I'm sure you can handle it, if not at least you've tried;). You got the power, man:cool:!

4. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    VT80 was an early birthday present from my wife. The MX70 will be a birthday present for me from me :D

5. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I'd be a little afraid of the frame breaking at those tensions. So far in this thread, I've only heard of one person stringing the VT80 at over 27 pounds with no problems. Any more reports would be great.

6. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

I wouldn't shy away from stringing it 10% above recommended (warranty) stringing tension:cool:. Manufacturers always give it at least that (10%) tolerance, just in case but I think it is more than that:cool:. Notwithstanding, some rackets cave in at normal stringing tensions:(. Tends to happen probably in 1 out of 1,000 I guess:).

7. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

8. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

9. Blitzzards

A good stringer is one who uses a 6 point support machine and one who would stick to the manufacturer's recommended string patterns to a degree (i.e. would not allow room for errors such as wrong tie off positions or use one piece method when you ask for two piece).

NO one racquet is tougher than the other. The epitome of string tension handling by a carbon graphite racquet had already been pushed to 36lbs ECP by the professional players as far back as 2004 with the Yonex Armortec and Nanospeed racquets. Perhaps these days racquets could be done up to 40lbs like the Panda Power racquets but do you even use beyond for example 32lbs yourself anyway?

10. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Thanks for the information. By the way, more specifically with the VT80, I've read that the grommet structuring is unique. Is there anything specific a stringer should know when re-stringing the VT80?

11. Blitzzards

There is nothing unique about the VT80 grommet pattern. It is the same pattern as the VT70 which was first introduced back in 2004 with the Yonex Armortec and Nanospeed racquets.

If the stringer you go to has no idea what it is and refuses to abide to the recommended patterns (or even take a look at the schematics that come with the catalogues), then he is obviously not a good stringer who has been living under the rock since the 1980s or 1990s when the grommet patterns have not changed for a long time and should not even be getting new customers. Some mad stringers have been caught trying to squeeze the old string pattern into this newer grommet system with disastrous results (look it up in the Panda Power racquet thread) so the reason why the grommet and string pattern schematics is in the Yonex catalogue is apparent.

12. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Okay good to know. Was pretty sure I read something about the unique grommet system on the VT80, but it was probably just a marketing scam.

13. Blitzzards

It is really Yonex's method of informing stringers "PLEASE DO NOT the old string pattern system on this racquet and read up on the stringing manual!".

Of course some stubborn stringers would just brush it off and carry on with their own business (for e.g. sticking to their old but "trusty" [at least in their own head] method) without care for the customer's feeling.

14. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

I second that motion:cool:.

15. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    Wow what a popular racket for VT80 ...i see many ppl buying them like hot cakes everywhere i go...
    Yes i see many ppl later turning to buysell forum selling them every week...
    so far i have counted almost 15ppl posted in the last 4weeks already...
    seem VT80 is over too demanding for user who not ready to tame this weapon not everyone and fit like LCW...

Perhaps MX80 is a better altenative ?

16. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

perhaps this number 80 brings luck or good omen on court! VT80 & MX80, both are selling like crazy! pretty sure next would be VT90, while Victor would release MX70 (to catch up with VT70), then later MX90... since Victor pretty much a fast-releaser compared to YY. D@mn this new rackets + good reviews!, tempting me to add another hundred grams on my bag!

17. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Sounds like MX80 will suit a wider variety of players. Also, I think VT80 has been marketed better than the MX80, and we're seeing more people buy it. Therefore, if more people buy it, we'll be seeing more people dislike it and/or sell it.

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

So I got my hands on a VT80 today. 3UG4 I wasn't able to test it, but I got an idea of what the racket might play like.

It feels lighter overall than the AT700LTD, and slightly head lighter. Maybe I think it is possibly quite similar to the SW35, although the shaft looked shorter than the SW35.

One thing I would say, is although the racket is really nice, IMO it looks nicer in the photos than it does in the hand, although it looks nice, the MX80 is nicer:)

19. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    i vote that VT80 is much nicer than MX80....:D

20. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

No samsudd how can u go against the MX80 !!! U were my motivator into buying it !!!