LCW new racket 2012 anyone knows ( Yonex Voltric Z-Force ) ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kaifah, Jan 4, 2012.

1. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Not exactly true. While diving correctly might typically stress the front muscles it is completely possible to injure any muscle by diving. Especially if you land awkwardly or recover awkwardly. There is no typical diving injury. So the idea that you can eliminate diving as a possible source of this injury on the basis you sight is silly. I don't know what caused his injury but I not prepared to eliminate any possible factor nor am I willing to leap to the conclusion it's due to the heaviness of his racquet. It's not like he is new to heavy or head heavy raquets.

I will agree with you in that I wish for his speedy recovery.

2. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    All the talk of head heaviness of the ZF sounds or comes across like it's a sledge hammer compared to the VT80. We're just talking about "slightly" heavier. All the Armortecs are heavy headed, and the ZF is just slightly head-heavier. Played another 2+ hours again last night with the ZF, and it's definitely a more refined and better racquet than the VT80(which was my racquet from it's debut).

3. samsudds

samsudds Regular Member

Engineer
    VTZF 3U5 works fine for me as my previous VT80 3U5.
    Just a question, i bought VTZF 3U5 JP-coded, and not much different compare with SP-coded selling here, when lotsa ppl said the painting and material SHOULD not the same...
    how you ppl justify that? emmmm.....

4. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Had few games with ZF for last 2 nights and getting the hang of it.
    It gives better control and balance for net shots to my own play technique.
    No issue with clear / drives and amazed with the sense of accuracy given.
    Placing is more accurate now but smashes will need time to adjust.

Bro fiq_axis, do share the experience between the 4U and 3U :)
    Does the weight gives more solid "feel" to ur play ?

Just a thought, would you guys prefer to have thicker grip for VT-ZF 4UG5 ?
    Mine has Yonex overgrip on top of stock grip.

#924 soulsync, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  5. surajaya

surajaya Regular Member

Based on LCW diving style, he tend to use his left hand to land and recover

6. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

I tried using VT ZF (4U) with BG66Utimax from a friend yesterday. It is very speedy, accurate drop and net shot, has decent power for smashing and has nice feel as well. Overall it is a good and not demanding racket to handle.

However, I found that its power in smashing is not as strong as my MX80 :rolleyes:, maybe the power will be great if it is a 3U.

7. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

After two more hours of play I've noticed, I can't just switch from Arc10 to ZF. :p Smashes, aggressive defense shots and sliced backhand are shots I've still have to cope a little bit with timing.

What Evil Empire has done great though is the flex of the shaft. It gets just slightly more flexier after some hard and correct executed smashes and you can feel, how it bends very controlled and snaps back very fast.

While I've got to go with a very fast swing speed while using ARC10, the Z-F often just needs some wrist action... quite interesting.

Unfortunately I'm getting a little bit bothered since I've noticed a little noise, like cracking in the handle/shaft when moving the racket instantly. Does anyone has the same issue? It is GR coded

8. AzrinRain

AzrinRain Regular Member

Oddly, that occurs on my ARC-ZS SP. 2U4

9. AzrinRain

AzrinRain Regular Member

Voltric Z-Force - A Simple Review, Pt.2

For those who missed Part One, you can find it here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...Yonex-Voltric-Z-Force-)?p=1854886#post1854886

On another note, i got to cram in more play time for both my Z-Forces yesterday.
    I've basically got the 'rhythm' for playing with this.
    Since it's a little more head heavier and stiffer, the Z-Force forced (kinda redundant?) me to work harder.
    Stroke recovery is awesome and quick, smash returns, lifts, clears and drives felt almost effortless.
    However, getting drop shots to work (almost) perfectly required more time.
    Tumbling shots and sharp drops worked wonders on the Z-Force, given the head-heaviness of the racket, allowing for more control.
    The fun part was getting the power shots down. Net kills were effective and unforgiving (to the opposing team), although you need to step in a wee bit earlier for the kill.
    I enjoyed smashing with the Z-Force in particular. Given the right technique, one can deliver a pretty severe punch with this.

All in all, the Z-Force is a pretty demanding all-round racket, suitable for both singles and doubles. I personally would not recommend this racket for beginners, you'll find that it'll sap all the fun out of badminton before you know it.
    The Z-Force is meant to be used at a high standard of play, to be strung with high tension strings (>28lbs IMO, depends on climate & country), so make sure you are prepared to work if you can't deliver what the Z-Force wants from you.
    You might feel awkward using the Z-Force for the first time, and for this i suggest sticking a little longer with your Z-Force to understand it's needs and demands. This is a great place to explore, as each player has his/her own individual skill, and the Z-Force can definitely deliver, once the demands be met.

And on that bombshell, i hope you enjoy you Z-Forces, may the Z-Force be with you.

DISCLAIMER: I am not supported, or endorsed by Yonex or it's subsidiaries. Neither am i doing this for profit. Do understand that everyone has a different style of play, therefore my statements are not necessarily accurate.

#929 AzrinRain, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  10. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    AzrinRain - great review. Im wondering if the tension 28lbs< is similar to the 30ish lbs on other regular Yonex rackets, due to the different head size.

11. AzrinRain

AzrinRain Regular Member

I don't have the hard facts, i believe someone on Ants' VT-ZF thread had answered that.
    IIRC it was juventus1.
    Anyway, i strung my Z-Force @ 29, and certainly feels like my VT-80 at 31.

Adding to my review, the reason why one would take time to understand the racket is due to 3 major contributors:
    - Head-heavi(er)ness; more power, demands more upper body strength
    - Stiffer shaft; better accuracy, demands more forearm strength
    - Smaller frame; better swing speed, smaller sweet spot

12. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

13. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Well, we all already have many reviews on the VTZF and the results are good. Here's my comparison between the VTZF, N90, and AT700. Firstly I just wanted to say that making the racket matte is very nice, but the green stickers on the 4 and 6 o'clock area will get a little beat up after a string job~ Somewhat stupid that they chose to use stickers instead of a metallic paint.

Anyways, we all know that the AT700 is a powerplant due to a no nonsense technology, make it stiff, make it heavy, and make it head heavy and there's your formula for power! The balance point between the AT700 and the N90 are identical, but the VTZF is actualy more head heavy than both of those. That said, the ZF on a swing doesn't have that "continued momentum pull" as experienced by the AT700 and less so on the N90. Drives, defense and overall speed actually seem enhanced with the VTZF becasue of how easily manuverable it is. Almost feels like anti lag.

Shaft stiffness: It definately goes ZF>AT700>N90, but you don't actually notice the stiffness too much during play since it's easy to manuver. I was able to pick it up and use it right away after a few hits. The ZF defies some laws of physics here possibly from the thinner shaft. A very speedy racket compared to the other two.

Power: It always comes down to this, and it really depends on the user. With AT700, I'm able to generate the power of the sun smashes from the back of the court. I've used this racket for many years and I know all its strenghs and its weaknesses namely smash recoil and a slower defence against opponents that drive hard. The N90 could do everything that the AT700 could do, but was faster at doing it. This meant a near perfect racket in my hands and it could reproduce smashes with minimal lag and could defend better.

I had my doubts with the ZF as it doesn't feel much like the AT700 nor the N90. My first smash from the back, the power was defiantely there. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's more powerful than the N90 nor the AT700, but it's right up there with the crowd with the added bonus of speedy manuverability. I could keep up with other people's drives and smashes that I normally couldn't with the AT700 and that makes this racket very versatile. I think it comes down to confidence and experience and if I get more used to this racket and readjust my timing, it might unleash a "19kg weight to crush my opponents," but for now, it's the punch that doesn't sacrifice manuverability and speed that has my attention.

In a nutshell, I would recommend this racket to anyone that uses head heavy rackets and wins most points by smashing. You can't go wrong with this one unlike the VT80 which seemed more like a AT900P with a new paint job. If it comes down to N90 or the VT-ZF, I'm personally still going to go with N90 just because it feels almost identical to the AT700 and won't require any further training efforts by me. That may change if I play more with the ZF, but the AT700 line was like a drug and I'm forever hooked! :DIt's like eating McDonalds french fries, it'll ruin you for any other fries!

I hope this helps.

#933 Optiblue, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  14. samsudds

samsudds Regular Member

Engineer
    Optiblue, AzrinRain wish you were right abt ZF....i could feel light pain on my arm after few hours play. probably it's just me.:)

15. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

samsudds, Care to share the spec of ur ZF ? :)

16. samsudds

samsudds Regular Member

Engineer
    cone: 100222JP
    shaft: 3245811
    grip: 3U/G5 (20~27lbs)

17. samsudds

samsudds Regular Member

Engineer
    the string-machine:
    machine.jpg

the green sticker damages: :crying::crying::crying:
    left bottom.jpg left upper.jpg right bottom.jpg

18. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Ouch ~ tat hurts ... got mine string during purchase but no similar damage.
    Probably on nex restring gotta emphasize on those fragile stickers, bad approach by yonex :(
    Thx for sharing bro.

19. samsudds

samsudds Regular Member

Engineer
    at 1st, tot i juz wanna keep ZF as my collection, but since the damage quite obvious, now have to saving again for it's replacement....:crying:

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Optiblue, thank you very much for your time spent on writing such a detailed & concise comparison review on VTZF, N90 & AT700 1st gen..I have been longing for this review ... haha..
    Finally YY has made a racket other than AT700 1st that put a smile on your face :D
    As times goes by , please do share with us, if you do have other opinion on VTZF ..

It is clearly described the conflict that i have to dealt with every time i am in MC-D, either take a package or none :D Having one or two bites of french fries will torture me inside out :p