DRAW of HONGKONG Open SS 2012

Discussion in 'China Open / Hong Kong Open 2012' started by CLELY, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    A very interesting super series indeed, especially due to the tough competition in MS. Possible clash of Liew Daren and Chen Long in the 2nd round as well as Chen Jin and Sony in the 2nd round too. Wow, a lot of good quality matches. In MD i am really looking forward for the come back of CY/FHF and a possible clash with Shin Baek Choel / Yoo Yeon Seong in the quarter final, although i so hope Ahsan/Setiawan progresses.

2. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

I think of the young players: Bao Yixin, Tang Jinhua, and Zhong Qianxin, They identified Zhong as the player with least potential.

Ma Jin was just used to give Tang jinhua some experience with playing with a top net player. Bao Yixin is young and the future of women net players. They want Tang and Bao to peak for 2016.

Between Tang and Zhong, Tang appears to be the better backcourt smashing player as well as the more all around skilled player. Bao-Tang has potential to be a super pair and peak for the 2016 olympics. Ma Jin and Tang would be a great team as well...but the problem is Ma Jin might be past her prime in 2016, whereas Bao will be peaking.

I think China will keep using Ma Jin with the new up and coming back-court women to give them valuable experience.

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Verma is likely to meet Du pengyu/Hu yun in the second round. It will be interesting. Oh my god.. Ajay has to face LCW in the second round if he crosses wang zhenming

4. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

bad luck for Daren Liew... if he got owned this time round, chances are he may not play in the bwf ss finals

5. julianng

julianng Regular Member

yea bad luck for him.... will be interesting to see how many points he gets against chen long...

if its a close match, that means he improved a lot...

6. keenobserver

keenobserver Regular Member

retired
    SN vs BYJ is a 50-50 chance proposition...

-

7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    This is the time for him to give solid evidence on his progress. I so hope that he would be able to beat CL.

8. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

damn CBA! they should have give Ma Jin more opportunity to gain success in both WD and XD as ZYL did. Denmark and French have shown that she can do it to with right partners. stop give her task as a nurse for the young players. :(

9. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

I support you. I think Ma Jin should be given the chance to excel both in XD & WD. Tang Jin Hua is a good partner for MJ, and I don't think MJ is "too old" to play good badm in Olympics 2016.
    Well, lets see how Bao Yixin and Tang Jin Hua perform here. :)

10. sophia_z11

sophia_z11 Regular Member

MJ paired with TJH because Tang's partner Xia Huan got injured in CBSL two months ago. Zhong Qianxin also injured herself last month and both of them went to Germany for knee surgery. Don't know if they can come back and be on top again because of the injury. It is wise for Tang/Bao play together.

MJ will be 28 in 2016 and she won't have enough energy to play XD&MD at the same time.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I heard Zhong Qianxin was injured during CBSL but didn't expect it to be so serious as to require surgery,oh dear. Is it true Bao Yixin was slightly injured too the last week or so? Will she be playing here and the China Open?

12. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

oh, so that's the case. understand now.

13. sophia_z11

I was wrong about the last post. Zhong asked Xia to meet her in Germany. She is still in China and waited for the visa. Maybe Bao's injure is not serious and I do not see any news coming up about withdrawing the Hong Kong Open, so she will probably play the Hong Kong Open and skip the China Open.

14. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

Wow, seems like China girls injuries happen at a 'young age'. Anyone knows what type of injury to Zhong, Xia and Bao?

15. sophia_z11

Xia's knee ligament was torn and Zhong probably got the same injury. I heard that Bao has a waist problem.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Really can't blame Li YB for being reluctant or at most giving grudging approval to his players participating in the CBSL; he has to strike an optimum balance taking care of the players' wants and fulfilling the national goals. He has singled out the Bao/Zhong WD as CHN's mainstay in the near future.

17. joshishant

joshishant New Member

Service
    Prospect of Sindhu Vs Saina semi-final

I wish this will not be the only time they meet each other. Dream come true for me would be Sindhu Vs Saina Final of 2016 Olympics we can say Badminton has come of age in India only then.

18. joshishant

joshishant New Member

Service
    I wish this is not the only time they face each other in a semi-final. Dream come true would be in 2016 a Sindhu Vs Saina Final!!!

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    But the disappointment is saina is not participating this china open.

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Quite a number of Chinese young potentials never made it to the big stage because of injuries. Testimony of how hard the training regime really is ......