It's time for Misbun Sidek to work for Malaysian Badminton without BAM

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Jan 7, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Ahmad Shabery Cheek wants reconciliation to benefit Lee Chong Wei

KEMAMAN, Dec 26 (Bernama) -- Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek wants the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) and Datuk Misbun Sidek to find a formula so that their reconciliation can benefit Datuk Lee Chong Wei and the country's Badminton as a whole.

Here is the article:

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsindex.php?id=636504

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

But Misbun said (with Google translation);

"This request is actually not difficult, but to clean the 'dregs' is difficult. When I want to go out first, no sediment to be washed, then clean and be washed again."

"So since then, I did not want to think about it. I am comfortable with my life now, I busied myself with all sorts of activities and I occasionally help Nusa Mahsuri youth player development program".

Source: http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/inf...usan_malaysia&sec=Sukan&pg=su_01.htm&arc=hive

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Such a sad story coming. It's no point blaming anybody now. In 8 months time there will be another story, hopefully it's not the same one.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

On Monday December 26, 2011, LCW, in meeting with BAM, was told not to touch this issue - about bringing Misbun Sidek back. :):):)

Source: http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/articles/ChongWeisudahpandaibersandiwara/Article

Article by Hussain Said on 30-December-2011

(By Google Translation);
    After surprising many by stating his (LCW's) desire to study under former sifu, Datuk Misbun Sidek last week, but in meetings with the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) on Monday, world number one is do not touch the issue.

5. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    something is not right ... hmmm caiyo2 misbun & LCW

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    election coming. so, they are trembling. ;)

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ... or maybe it means that LCW did not bring up the issue during meetings with BAM on Monday...

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

LCW has said that he would be seeking advice from ALL available help that he could get to win the 2012 OG GOLD.

Later, he said that he cannot make a decision because he is under BAM. BAM has a manager, an officer who makes the decisions. And that he would just follow their decisions.

Source: http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=80086

Well, it's bad luck for LCW; For what he wants, is not what he gets (and this could include the OG GOLD).

9. extremenanopowe

MS will be saying to him. LCW, you are so boring. I was a rebel and i did it. You? balik lah. Wipe people's ass.. lol. ;)

No venture no glory young man. ;) Still got time to sit down and relax?? Be proactive la... ;)

10. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    i think LCW is also under pressure not to express what he really desires... :)

11. extremenanopowe

in this case, where is freedom? strict regime? dun think it will work. whats bam plan?? ;)

12. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

bam plan will be similar to current fam plan, all players have to be in the same skin color, no others (you know what i'm talking about and wish to apologise for this statement)...

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

'Centralised training' cannot be said to be the only best type of training

IMHO, BAM people are thinking of 'centralised training' because they see China doing so well with this method. Singapore and many other countries are also doing this type of training, thinking that it is the best way to set-up their training.

As for Swimming in Australia, I notice that many of our top swimmers can be coming from outside our 'centralised' set-up. In Badminton, I see many top Indonesian Badminton players are choosing to train in different clubs outside Pelatnas. For Soccer in most countries, most players train in different clubs (many are overseas), and they are called back for a few days (to meet teammates) before an inter-nation match is to be played.

After seeing all these, I can say that the 'centralised training' cannot be said to be the only best type of training (for Malaysia or for any other country).

#953 chris-ccc, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Centralized training is I believe the best type of training if a country is to become a top badminton power.
    Just look at both Indonesia and Malaysia where some of their players have gone independent-another word for selfishness or used-by-date players-why are they slipping down? Their morale is shot to pieces, their team spirit is gone, their egos still intact, but their influence for the up and coming players is bad, very bad.
    I predict Indonesia may even disappear from the badminton scene in a decade. I hope I am wrong. But so long as TH is there there is no hope.

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

That was what Tennis players were thinking back in the 1960's

That was what Tennis players were thinking back in the 1960's.

But when Tennis players started to move away from Centralized training, private sponsorships started flowing in. And independent Tennis are reaping $millions now. It all stared from our Australian player, Rod Laver.

You can google search Rod Laver, and read how he transformed Tennis (from associations' players to independent players).

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

We are not talking about tennis. This is badminton and in badminton you can see the results of centralized training versus independents, i.e. the likes of Korea, China versus the great decline of Indonesia and Malaysia. Going independent in badminton will mean only one end result-they are on a slippery slope from day one and becomes history over less than a decade or two.
    Please name me one badminton country that has made any progress at all on the world stage by going independent. Also, please name me one badminton powerhouse that has not slipped down since going independent. Just watch Indonesia because it will not be long before no Indonesians will take to the game.
    The greatest tragedy for nations, once powerful badminton countries, have "followed" your advice only to suffer the consequences.

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Don't tell me Badminton cannot follow Tennis and other sports

Don't tell me Badminton cannot follow Tennis. :confused::confused::confused:

Just minutes ago, I posted this in another thread;

To me Badminton is a sport, just like other sports, therefore I cannot see why Badminton can't have independent players (from independent clubs). :confused::confused::confused:

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

This is not how to solve a problem, by bringing in other topics to fog our current issue. The problem is with badminton and the results of centralized training in badminton between countries that embrace it and countries that now foolishly go the independent as you suggest is the greatest rebuttal to your half baked idea.

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Why Badminton need to stick to a way of promotion that has shown little progress?

I have to disagree.

When we see other sports getting popular because of some new ideas/formats that they have implemented; Why not copy them?

To say it is a "half baked idea"? - I would rather say "the idea has already been baked".

Why does Badminton need to stick to a way of promotion that hasn't shown as much progress as the promotion done by other sports?

#959 chris-ccc, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

How Football Association of England run the sport

To me, the most popular sport in the world is Football (Soccer).

I shall send this link for our BCers to read (how the English Football Association run their sport), located at;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Football_Association

Yes, I was hoping that Badminton England would follow it first.

I have been waiting for BE to follow suit for many decades now, and I am still waiting......