Lee Chong Wei vs Lin Dan at WC 2011

Discussion in 'World Championships 2011' started by george@chongwei, Aug 12, 2011.

?

Who will be the Men's Single Champion for 2011?

1. Lee Chong Wei

100.0%
  2. Lin Dan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mrshuttle

mrshuttle Regular Member

he had won 3 times championship,of course he will say that it is not impt.he had already proved that he is the best player.but i still wish that lindan can win.LIN DAN FTW

2. logicalguy

logicalguy Regular Member

I love the forearm rotation you can see in some of the pics there. Take a look at numbers 2 and 4 for lcw and pretty much all of the ones for ld. Very cool indeed - thanks for posting.

3. Heong

Heong Regular Member

And by that, he meant that he doesn't focus on the outcome, but more on every rally and focusing on the actual game. He didn't mean he isn't interested in winning. Otherwise why is he still in the national team? Why is he still training so vigorously?

Inside, he wants to win... there is nothing to gain by intentionally losing. Don't be naive, Lin Dan plays for China... he would never dare represent his country in such a way that will make his country look bad.

Regardless of who wins today in the MS, one thing's for sure, he will be the rightful winner. There will be no excuse if Lin Dan loses, or Lee Chong Wei for that matter.

#43 Heong, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Do Muslim say 'amen' also..................sorry for my ignorant !!

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think, LD still LD..........he sstill able to produce magical moment in his game..

Lets hope LCW able to handle him this time...........and play the match of his life today !!

6. policecop

policecop Regular Member

LCW in straight games. Lin Dan doesn't look on top form, I don't think he's that motivated by the World Championships anymore. OG12 will be a different story though!

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Oh, he has too many WC titles in his bag already...............Hope so !!

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

hope to see the best match ever that have 30-29 in three games battle...

9. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

guess you are not a Chinese? In their famous (or infamous) Cultural Revolution (so called) in the 1960s-70s, ordinary peoples were always been identified as criminals just because of their background and not because what they did. and in fact, whatever they did, the regime could turn it into criminal act. just like the "no quality match" theory, one could use it as an advantage to a player but quote it as a disadvantage when apply to another player. and also just like the CJ case, whether he gave a fight or not giving a fight, both would be cited as a conspiracy...

i felt what you said (ok if you didn't mean it) was not only discredit CJ, but also discreditted whatever LCW would achieve. Everyone knows he would defeat CJ. and if LCW goes on to win the champion, opposite fans could say LCW was lucky to have a easy draw.

in every sports competition, it is impossible for every opponent to get similar quality of draws. A professional player should see this as a random / chaotic theory and disregard the reasons why their opponents are weak or strong, just focus on defeating every opponent the meet. to them, it makes no difference (just like LYD and Korean MD players always ready to continue play every sit on the floor :D). It is the fans (and badminton fans) that always like to focus on matters like this.

10. pralinescream 2

pralinescream 2 Regular Member

politician
    hope so but don't think so.
    super dan will not be motivated to win this. even though its called world championship but its no longer prestigious like last time. no difference from all england, super series, etc.
    some more he won it 3 times ady.

latok lee will be extra motivated to win this though. boleh-land maybe make him become tan sri.
    lol.

11. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

go for LCW this time, given his form and determination much better than LD.

12. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I may not be totally knowledgable in this, but Muslims do say "amen". It's pronounced as "amin". Don't you live in Malaysia around lots of Muslims?

13. ishahloveain

ishahloveain Regular Member

Customer Service
    Yes bro.. We muslim do say "Amin" "Amen" "Ameen" after anything good things being said or anything that we are hoping for".. It means we hope for you to grant our wish ya Allah..

14. guy3288

guy3288 Regular Member

executive
    judging from the way LD struggled against peter gade, i think he will probably lose the final as LCW so far won all his matches quite easily.

What do you think?

15. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    The vote now is 9 against 8 in favor of lcw :DI like to make it 50:50 :D

16. nellute

nellute Regular Member

I can feel the huge pressure mounting on LCW. His country has never won WC.

The home "supporters" are asking too much ....

17. Oriental

Oriental Regular Member

Guy in the middle
    LCW had one of the easiest draws for i've seen, of course he would win all his matches "quite easily".

LD similarly had the same situation, not much difficulties in his draw. I don't see how he 'struggled' against Peter...
    Peter Gade fought hard to secure the first set. But he was in no position to defend it. Absolutely outclassed in the second and third set.

Again its a 50-50. Both are in outstanding form. It's going to be a great match for entertainment and bragging rights.

This one's going to be remembered.

18. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i wonder if lcw will do the awkward 'lindan boogie' (tht he did last nite after chenjin) tonite .. or will lindan give his post worldnumber1demolition dance lesson again..?

19. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Judging on their current form, it is likely LCW will take the title in 2 straight games.

But I voted for LD. I am hoping he will pull out something magical tomorrow, because every time when people doubt about him, he deliver.

20. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    It's going to be a tough prediction who will become the next world champion between this two current badminton superstar. From the early round, the world would like a dream final between this two and today it's going to happen. If you ask to Super Dan fans, they would mark their vote and hope LD wins and if you ask to Dato' fans, the Penang born wonder boy, Dato' LCW, will definetly be their choice.

Who will win.... no one knows. Analyzing from their current form in this tournaments, eventhough both of them at some times were not at their best but however overall their performance were still superb and far better than the others or otherwise they will not be in the final at the first place. For our Dato', other than CJ, his encounters with the youngster from Thailand was the only lengthy match he had but still Dato' was far empressive. To LD, eventhough he lost a set to PG but then he was able to make his authority back by winning convincingly the remaining 2 set.

Overall Dato' LCW performace was more convincing until now but then LD performance also still was equally good. If Dato' LCW going to win today, its going to be a close battle and same goes to Super Dan because no other players in this world today that knows well the threat they possess while playing other than between both of them. Since i'm a Dato' fan, i'm voting for him to catch this elusive title. If in case its the multiple world champion Super Dan win it again, congratulation to you as well.