Victor uk

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by MonkeyMadness, Mar 15, 2012.

1. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Well, you can always ask them for details. Dropping your name won't hurt. Make sure they hear about it every time you win :p Keep making an impression.

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

This is a forum where people need to be able to read what you write. Please put a bit more effort if you would like people to take the time to read you posts.

3. Antzdahman

Antzdahman Regular Member

n/a
    Haha sorry i was typing it in my bed and on my phone

4. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Antz

I beleive you have your answer. You need to apply to the companies you're looking to be sponsored by. But there's no point unless you have something good to tell them, such as tournament wins. There's no point saying you're working hard because they hear it all the time.

In a nutshell, good results interest potential sponsors, the rest is just talk.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

5. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Don't also forget that what sponsors are also interested in (or should be interested in, if they're smart), is 'influence'. There are players at every club that are the influential players - ones who use a lot of gear, or have big personalities, that may not be the best player at the club but they often have more influence.

6. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Maklike is right - it is the 'big personalities' you need on board who aren't scared to shout about the brand on your behalf - particularly if they do have influence in the clubs they play.

7. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    I had a hit with one of the newer spec BS11 tonight and really enjoyed playing with it - it was a 4/5 stiffness and a 3/5 balance. Managed to create a good amount of power and it was also really quick in defence. didn't have may timing issues either switching between the BS11 and BS LYD. Hoping to get my BS12 back from the stringers next week to test out.

8. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Ben

You're way ahead of me. I'm snowed under trying to find time to complete the other 14 racquet reviews I have. Fortunately I made really good notes to make it easy to remember my thoughts on each racquet. So I haven't got time to re-test racquets I've already reviewed.

Paul

9. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    What's the going rate over there for the BS11? You guys are so lucky you still have 'the golden spec' version.

10. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    OK - so I've been deliberating over this thread for sometime and have chatted to other members on the forum about VICTOR in the UK, how it is perceived and more importantly, availability of products in the UK.

There have been lots of comments made surrounding products available in Asia not being available in Europe or the UK, which to a large extent I agree with. However, from a business perspective you need to weigh up whether the market is big enough to stock all products released and two, if the market is big enough is there a demand - particularly in what is still a largely Yonex dominated market.

So, I have decided to invest some money and provide another avenue to market for VICTOR in the UK. I have used VICTOR products for some while and believe in the quality of the products, I just don't think they are easy enough to get hold of. So I have started to stock VICTOR products to sell to the UK market. I am also lobbying VICTOR to try and be more proactive in getting products released in the UK when they are released in Asia - although this may take some time.

I am currently creating a website - www.badmintonbase.co.uk (currently a holding page), and have a presence on Facebook to try and build a network of contacts as obviously the best way to push VICTOR to release more in to the UK is to increase popularity and ultimately sales in the UK. I am based in the East of England and VICTOR do have other regional partners, notably BWS with whom Paul Stewart is associated. I have been speaking to Paul who is fully supportive of my venture as we both feel there is real potential for VICTOR in the UK.

Apologies for such a long post but just thought it may be interesting to some of you who have been frustrated by lack of availability. Not saying the few regional partners VICTOR have will change things dramatically in the near future but we are trying - what we need from you is support!!

If you have any questions please drop me a PM and i will be happy to discuss any product requirements you may have. incidentally, i will also be happy to hold demo events in the East of England region.

regards

Ben

11. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Good post Ben.

I thought it important to post my support here to formalise it rather than just ben's comments.

Yes, I am connected to BWS Sports near Manchester, UK who have been stocking Victor products for around 18 months. There's no doubt quality is excellent and prices too. But the brand needs a lot of promotion and support. Ben is right, UK forum members need to get behind the brand and support the people who would like to promote it further.

Paul

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The coming Olympics will be the first time Victor gets decent exposure to the casual sports viewer (rather than the badminton tournament trawlers we all are), and all the more if any Koreans medal (which they will). The fact that it's in the UK might just be the kick up the arse the brand needs over here.

When Jung/Lee get the gold, Victor's marketing material will write itself.

13. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Quite right Mark and I have urged VICTOR to be fully prepared to cater for this demand as this is a huge opportunity not to be missed.

14. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Got my new VICTOR shirts ready for next season :eek:)

From left to right - Taiwan team shirt - Function polo - Thomas cup shirt - Training shirt

photo.JPG

15. Badderz_Alpha

Badderz_Alpha Regular Member

I thought it was you Ben behind Badmintonbase! (when you gave us a follow on twitter!) ;-)

Sounds like a similar position to FZ Forza, we are always getting questions like "where can i get my hands on FZ Forza rackets to try ?" at the moment its nearly solely online for FZ Forza....

follow me on twitter @badderz_alpha

16. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    That's so funny.

There's a chain of bottle shops (off-licences to you Poms) over here called BWS (Beer, Wine and Spirits).

Myself and my large Caucasian mates informally call ourselves Team BWS.......

Which stands for 'Big, White and Slow'

lol

17. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    I really love victor, my favourite brand in badminton!
    Not only bc i like the Koreans and getting nice sales discount, but also bc i love the quality and their style.
    Unfortunatly they don´t have the same sortiment as in Asia, but that´s understandable, because Badminton is not as big as soccer or tennis, they propably have to adapt to the market size / possibilitys in Europe.
    But I´m sure Badminton will grow, even if slowly :)

18. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    I even wasn´t too far away from starting a dual study with victor, but I wanted to stay half of the time in the southwest of Germany, my home, where i live and victor is located near Hamburg in Germany... They showed interest but in the end they thought it would get to complicated working 3 months for victor and then get back to study sportsmanagement in Freiburg :-(((
    Well, when i´m done studying i ll try again to apply for a Badminton business. But you never know what live plans with you ;DD

19. amleto

amleto Regular Member

hope it goes well ben, victor could definitely use more avilability nad awareness here.

I'm interested in trying out the mx60 when it becomes available.

20. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Thanks Amleto - will keep you updated on the progress of the MX60 - expected dates etc. Hopefully VICTOR will see there is demand for some of these rackets and try and get them pushed out more quickly. I will also keep my Facebook page updated so have a look out there as well.