Malaysia dream, Indonesia deliver

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Pemuda, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

New Sunday Times is spot on with their header in their today's report.

I fully agree with Rexy is Msia cannot deliver in KL, with home ground advantage, Beijing looks like another dream. Typical Msian players attitude ; prima donnas.

Ahhh well at least KKK/TBH won the PO.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    don't curse me:D, i'm just a poster..
    -------------------
    May 14, 2008
    Badminton: Malaysia fears major powers are opening gap
    KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA is in danger of being left behind by the world's major badminton powers unless the country can find a fresh pool of talent, the country's badminton chief has said.
    Badminton Association of Malaysia president Nadzmi Salleh told local media that Olympic status meant more countries were producing top-quality players, as witnessed at the Thomas and Uber Cup finals being played in Indonesia.

'Badminton is gaining popularity worldwide and many countries are now taking notice since it became an Olympic sport,' Mr Nadzmi told the New Straits Times on Wednesday.

'From what I have seen in the Thomas Cup, countries like Japan, Denmark and South Korea are improving fast.' The men's Thomas Cup and Uber Cup for women are among the most prestigious tournaments in world badminton.

Malaysia last won the Thomas Cup in 1992 when the team tournament was held in Kuala Lumpur but appear unlikely to add to that triumph in Jakarta this week.

World number two Lee Chong Wei is the country's leading male singles player but there are no other Malaysians ranked in the top 10.

Mr Nadzmi said most of Malaysian players lacked the ability to think on their feet, unlike their rivals from other countries.

'I admire shuttlers from China, Japan and Denmark, who are able to analyse their game and rectify their mistakes on court,' he said.

'We must ensure our players become more independent in that sense.' Malaysia topped Group B in the Thomas Cup and face Japan in Wednesday's quarter-finals. The women also advanced to the last eight of the Uber Cup, where they will meet South Korea. -- REUTERS

#2 cooler, May 14, 2008
    Last edited: May 14, 2008
  3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dear cooler,

I think you are going to be hammered for opening up old wounds. I mean the Malaysia Boleh contingent are on a high now after our TC team beat England and a 'revised' ;) Korea.

To me the real TC starts at the semis stage :D.

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Like he said before,he's just the one who do copy n paste..

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Who would curse you cooler, you're a cooler ;):D. Anyway, this news came out in the mainstream Msian press, and it's not new info.
    Been repeated by BAM President a couple of times since early this year but as I recall mostly in the Malay press. The news you posted same as the one in NST.
    It's also the feedback the players gave BAM President that this is the area they want to improve on more.

6. badadum

badadum Regular Member

I wonder how many folks here who'll let their children pursue a dream to become a professional badminton player? Knowing full well the financial hardships those children will have to endure in the future if they didn't make it to the very top?

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    good or bad, MAL players are fun to watch and follow, look at all the special names people have given to them:D

Yoyo
    The Uncle
    The Uncles
    Jinjang Joe
    Choo Choo
    Fuzzy

8. winnie

winnie Regular Member

lol cooler this is funny *thumbs up

9. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

who's jinjang joe??