Coach changes of CHN National Team&RETIRE LIST

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by LI De Quan, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Possible coach maybe...'sure' thing, I don't think so...BAM is a political arena, it is not the talent, CHN trained and achievements to be a MAS coach which ZJW would surely possess but the right connections that counts...also, migrating to MAS, I give ZJW the respect to do so for CTF...MAS is a great place to visit but recent news of politics in MAS and to stay permanently I do have my thoughts...as for LYB, you gotta give him credits for what he did for CHN, even if a true baddy fan does not like what he did to win (diehard CHN fans would applaud and kiss his butt for win-win-and just-win attitude) but given the same cards to play with, any coach will do the same (e.g. result fixing) just to win. Achievements alone LYB should be most successful CHN coach by a long shot.

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Interesting to note that Zhang Ning is going back to school, at least for 3 months. I thought Hong Kong's medium of instruction is Cantonese and English, maybe they have replaced Cantonese with Mandarin and that's why ZN can attend the Polytechnic.

I thought the WD coaches Chen Qiqiu and Pan Li are familiar names. Have they coached in Singapore before, especially Pan?

3. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

lol. .........................................

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LYB delivered because he's the only badminton coach who's cowardly enough to use the despicable strategy of match fixing through match faking.If INA were to use that, INA would have won even BIGGER in MS and MD!!!

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

That's a lot of courage on your part to not worship LYB and for the right reasons.
    In fact, a friend of mine who went to OG08 and attended EVERY badminton session was surprised that both LYB and LD were not very popular when she asked taxi drivers and those she met for their opinions.(Maybe CHN taxi drivers and the common folk were just being diplomatic with her.) She was equally surprised that many in the badminton crowd were not real badminton fans but hooligan hordes rostered to intimidate non-CHN players and fans.But she enjoyed Beijing and found Chinese people generally helpful and kind.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Not sure. But there are many students form China that study in HK. I do not think lack of knowledge of cantonese or english is a barrier. to entry in the University. On the other hand, the proficiency of putonghua is growing amongst hk students.

Again, it would be very interesting to know what course she will be on. Universities do offer short courses in various subjects. Her course may not demand any knowledge of english - chinese will do:)

7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

3 months of physical education theories in a HK university to prepare herself to coach the WS.

#27 AlanY, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Thanks for the info

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Down in KL or in Ipoh?

10. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Oh really?? The companies which are endorsing LD must be thriving on his 'unpopularity' to boost their sales. On the contrary, the badminton 'fans' during the Beijing Olympics were not hooligans. The majority of the spectators didn't boo nor intimidate when opponents serve. I believe those who were present at the gymnasium and those who watched live on TV can see for themselves.

I would rather be true to myself.......

11. No one

No one Regular Member

wasn't Chen Qiqiu once an XD player? I seem to recall that he played with Zhao Tingting in the 2003 World Championship, demolished Nathan and Gail but were in turn demolished by Ra Kyung Min and Kim dong Moon in the semis. I think he's a lefty....

So sad that Chen Yu has retired. I always liked him. Wonderful crosscourt net shot. More interesting than boring Chen Jin.....

12. Rahayu

Rahayu Regular Member

immigration officer
    Lets Dumb Mr Lyb From Our Badminton!

LYB is worst!!i hate him since he dumbed wang chen from china national team!!he really2 egoist n arrogant coach, world badminton not need a person like him..

#32 Rahayu, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Go back to 1999 and you will see Chen QQ playing in the MD as well.

14. fzustudents

fzustudents Regular Member

worker
    Lin Dan is a controversial figure in China.
    Many people appreciates his capabilities and viqour when playing badminton ,and also many people dislike his grace and behavior in Korea open . A lot of people debated this matter for a long time ,and the view were different.
    Many Chinese badminton fans appreciates Taufik's technique and aptitude, and we also appreciates Lee Chongwei's grace.

15. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

You are so right... World championship 2001, semi-final, Taufik vs Hendrawan... Taufik retired after 2nd game to allow Hendrawan advance to beat Peter Gade in the final.

LYB must have learned his strategies from INA.:rolleyes:

16. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

17. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

not to mention the 2008OG MS final, no 2 seed and world no 2 (no 1 now) LCW lost in straight sets in record time, c'mon everyone knew that was fixed by LYB. and he even managed to ordered the korean girls to faked the injury in the WD final! it's a disgrace that no investigations have ever been conducted for such behaviour and gave badminton a bad name.

18. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Yah loh, so obvious that LCW's loss is also LYB's setup. LYB purposely make LD face LCW in the OG08 final. If LCW don't lose, the LD will not win. So simple. Can't you all see the grand plan by LYB?

pjswift is just angry that LYB cowardly chose LD instead of him to win the OG08 gold MS. Further, LYB can halt global warming, patch the ozone layer, end world hunger, heal the US credit crisis and sell fake iPods. But he didn't do it because he's too cowardly for any of that.

Damn you LYB, damn you. You are also responsible for all the bad TV programmes we are getting.

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wah, u learn this posting from cooler?:D;)

20. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Now, I am learning from you... to increase my post-count by spamming at every given opportunity. See, I am a fast learner.:D;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.