Yonex-Sunrise Apparel & Yonex Accessories in Sports Life, Singapore

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by aramistuscany, Jul 9, 2009.

1. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    too bad that Perfect Sports gave up on YY clothings...and concentrate on soccer jerseys....
    as Mr. Ara said, YY should consider to open a brand speciality store like Sunrise Spore to satisfy
    the appetite of badminton lovers.....
    meantime, nice designs from YY for the Tru Nature series...guess we need to buy from the web or wait for next year
    Malaysia Open to get hold on it...

2. LinDanTruCool

LinDanTruCool Regular Member

Purchaser
    Ooh & Aah!

Very sad to see Perfect Sports shrinking their apparel display. i also give up on the shop + sad looking cashiers.
    Yes hopefully there's another like Sports Life in Msia. So far the biggest range of Yonex gears available only in LCW Arena of Sports. Like almost 50-70% of Sports Life.

Daniel, i tot u only stay true to Victor? U didnt gave up on YY?
    Someone pls buy Victor bag & socks & give it as souvenir to Daniel. I wanna see him in LYD Victor full set on court.
    Daniel belongs to Victor!!

As for Tru Nature, like range of casual street wear (as similar to dept store range) i can see the reflections of shoe on the glass. Look cool to me. u guys realise that?

3. LinDanTruCool

Purchaser
    Totally agree. Find hard, i went to almost every sport shop & spend hrs like almost half a day to hunt the tournament series & only ended up w 2 designs bought at LCW Arena. Previously bought 5 designs frm USJ alone (luck).
    When ask sport retailer, they said no stock nor not so interested in apparel sales.Goodness.
    Lining have reveal themselves in Sunway Pyramid in Phase 2 next to giant brand like Nike & Addidas. Yonex should done the same despite being badminton BIG brand for SO many years. Other local cheap brand like Cheetah & Forest can open boutique in big malls, why cant Yonex Sunrise? Depending on the few days of tournament booth display is certainly not enough. In Jusco, Sunrise only sell low end racket, shoes & accessories & NO APPAREL AT ALL. How to position themselves as mkt leader? Sunrise should really look into this matter.
    If Sunrise fail to open boutique like Sports Life in Msia, then i will quit buying their product after Olympic 2012

And why JP so exp & more exp than those Addidas & Nike shirt? Even the prices of badminton shoes (both SP & JP) are few times higher than Addidas & Nike outdoor or indoor shoes.

Reformation on Sunrise & Daniel too...;) Sunrise Bersih
    Ada Victor, Daniel lagi bersih.

Me & Yuri start to vomit blood when look at the price of JP tiger flame shirt.
    Yeah wannabe order...lol man. size O = XL, u same size like Daniel? Sunrise size M = JP size L?

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

If O=XL then why would L be = M??, L = L and M = M; and XO = XXL. Unless you are comparing your tribal wear :D, which is not Asian/Sunrise to begin with but international sizing :cool:.

As for the above t-shirts I really like the wrestler one :), saw it on Rakuten and SH last year or so ...

5. niGht kiD

niGht kiD Regular Member

You have great taste my friend :cool: That shirt just reminds me of Jack Black's movie "Nacho Libre" ROFLMAO :D :D

Bought one from Japan not long ago :p

[​IMG]

6. LinDanTruCool

Purchaser
    JP size = SP size?

frm the international size chart, i found out that JP size = SP size. Not Asian size but UK men size?How come?
    I usually wear size M for Sunrise version. Even for the tribal wear, i choose all size M.

George = size S
    Me = size M (average size guy)
    Daniel = size L

Should I choose size M for JP Verycool version?:confused:

7. Izaddin

Izaddin Regular Member

M size JP very cool is like S size SP

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:cool: Nice one! They didn't have my size anymore in the colour I wanted (I think, already a long time ago :D)

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

All I can tell is my size O is the same as EX version size L and JP-L is the same as EX-M. I can only compare to the Asian size Victor wear and for those I take XL (and is the same as JP-O and EX-L). I think those height charts are a little bit silly and the chest size is more important but I guess if you are LCW skinny the height chart might become more usefull ...
    Also the JP material feels/is more stretchy

Got any Victor wear to compare?
    I also have one JP size M and at least it is clearly smaller than Victor size L (Asian size)

#1609 demolidor, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  10. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

Victor sizes are more or less similar to Yonex JP and Li-Ning sizes. Yonex-Sunrise sizes are larger which are similar/close to Yonex EX sizes.

For Li-Ning there is an oddity that I wear different sizes for their different design/range. I need to wear for any particular piece to really make sure they really fit me unlike the other brands.

#1610 aramistuscany, Aug 6, 2011
  11. LinDanTruCool

Purchaser
    Demolidor & Aramis & Izzadin,

so means that JP version is Asian size?
    What sunrise SP version size u wear?
    Cos i normally wear size M but still can manage to wear size S (slim fit).

Means i have to choose ONE size bigger for JP version?
    Cos previously i bought size L verycool JP version (old design) from Sunrise which means to me that it comes in Asian size, smaller than UK size (i have to buy 1 size bigger)
    Yeah tru. the size chart esp the height is a bit too unrealistic
    what is EX?

YY JP size SS S
    M L O XO
    YY SP size S M L XL
    Victor size S M L XL

Correct me if im wrong.

12. LinDanTruCool

Purchaser
    aramis,

u wear size L SP version...so u buy size O (XL) for JP version?
    Am I right?

13. LinDanTruCool

Purchaser
    size comparison mini chart
    JP SP Victor
    SS
    S S

M S M
    L M L
    O L XL
    XO XL

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

That should be correct I guess. Didn't you also have Victor wear? And did you pick the the same size as SP wear or bigger?

EX I assume is for EXport (= international version since it is in the product code))

15. LinDanTruCool

Purchaser
    Ok i get it. For SP u choose size L, For JP u choose ONE size bigger = O (XL).
    Yeah i also choose Victor ONE size bigger than SP. so i choose size L. Daniel choose size XL for Victor.
    Can brief me more on EX? Imported Verycool version.. Made In China? JP made in Jpn?

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

EX is what is sold in Europe and North America, some models also have VeryCool technology but Made in China. Also different models also exist without VeryCool, just regular polyester. I don't know the product codes of all but it is easy to call these "EX" to distinguish from JP and Sunrise versions :D
    http://www.yonex.com/badminton/clothing/wear.html
    http://www.yonex.de/badminton/bekleidung/2011-anzuege/ (just click some links on the left with "polo shirt")
    http://www.yonex.co.uk/Badminton/Products.aspx?CatID=49

But I do have one tracksuit that was Made in Japan maybe as extra production since there is also a Made in China of the same model. Maybe they only call the ones EX that also have JP versions of the same design since as you can see in the link most of the designs are not sold in Japan.

#1616 demolidor, Aug 6, 2011
  17. Izaddin

Izaddin Regular Member

for SP i wear S size.for JP, CH, TW i wear M size.yes..for JP must get 1 size bigger than SP.
    for JP dont 100% follow the size chart..national team wear are slightly smaller than game shirts.(12045 compared to 10054)maybe its because of the diff cutting

18. LinDanTruCool

Purchaser
  19. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

2011 BWF World Championships London shirts in various colours available now in Sports Life.

Attached Files:

20. kkwm83

kkwm83 Regular Member

Part time online badminton products seller
    Guess if it is distributed to Msia, retail price will be like those previous 'EX' version apparels.
    Either RM69.90 or RM79.90....