Yonex Ti-10 Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by surge, Mar 7, 2005.

1. playmaker

playmaker Regular Member

Thanks for the tip. I'm wishing I can wield the racket's potential power.

Dimcorner, when you say swing completely through the shots, does it mean more arm movement with lots of wrist action?

2. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I noticed that the Ti-10 doesn't get as much power as other racquets when you just jab your wrist quickly at it (like a quick wrist only motion and then stopping). Gets better when you use your wrist only to do a full swing throu (looping after the contact instead of stopping the racquet) and tons better when you incorporate your arm.

My Precision is very good at quick wrists pops, but I can feel that the shaft gives away a little when doing full power smashes. I can probably get stronger smashes on the Ti-10 but have to be almost spot on. With the precision I can get about 80% of my power very easily and consistently, but don't think I can match total power output of Ti-10.

I'm definitely going to say it's easier to play with the 3rd gen than it was with the 1st Gen. The new one is more forgiving of off-center hits. I think you will be fine with it if you are willing to give it time and do slight adjustments in timing and swings. I prefer the Ti-10 over my Z-slash (which I sold).

3. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    dimcorner,
    i tot gen2 is more easy to handle as its more flex compare to gen 3....ve u try out gen2?

4. playmaker

playmaker Regular Member

I haven't tried the precision but I'm thinking about getting it too. But spending too much on rackets wouldn't do me any good and I would rather spend it on proper training lessons in the near future. :)

Dim, do you happen to know if the ti-10 and arcsaber 8dx has the same stiffness? I'm not sure if I already read it somewhere. :)

5. flamming

flamming Regular Member

...its very very good for controling....I gain mch more confident for net shot n drop after using it...

6. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n Regular Member

3 generations of Ti 10 and people are still using and looking for this racquet...

and so the legend begins...

long live Ti 10

7. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

Stiffness they are close but they bend differently. Ti10 has a longer shaft and bends further down. Yechnicslly the shaft is stiffer I guess.

8. playmaker

playmaker Regular Member

I've been using my ti-10 a lot now than my arc8dx. You were right Dim that it has less power when just jabbing my wrist. I was trying to drop from the backcourt with just using a fast wrist action but keeps on hitting the net. Maybe I need a little more time to get used to it. It's very quick on net play and drives. I love how fast it is on drives. :)
    It is my primary racket now because its less tiring compared to my 8dx. :)

#568 playmaker, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  9. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

Dimcorner, then which racquet offers more smashing power, better defence and swing speed?

10. moore_shady

moore_shady Regular Member

but i find this racket tiring when i smash alot...........is there a reason why?

could this racket be a bit less for attacking/smashing player? but more of defend & control?

11. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I don't own a Dx8 but I played a few sessions with one. I think the dx8 is a little quicker for smash returns and is easier to play with. I feel that the Ti10 is a more balanced racket. I personally can get more power out of the Ti10 but I have to concentrate a bit more for it. I honestly think that you should not worry so much about ultimate power. Since its a fairy balanced racket it's going to be poetry decent in all areas.

As fire getting tired, maybe you are not letting the racket work with you. I find that I can get plenty of power by taking a less hurried swing and setting up sooner. I swing all the way through and let the weight of the racket help. Practice with playing a game smashing at 70% power but concentrating on hitting it just right. You will hear it.

Also, what tension are you stringing at? I an playing it at 25 to 26 pounds.

12. moore_shady

do you guys think that adding extra 2 grips to TI-10 3rd gen will have any problems with it?

thanks.

13. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I played with 2 extra to try it out once. Felt ok, but not the same. I lost some feel on it and didn't feel as strong.

14. harrald

harrald Regular Member

@moore_shady

probably you have the heavier version? I have it as well and it takes a lot of power to smash with it; comes with the very stiff shaft. It is a attacking players racket, there is not much doubt in that department. It's a racket that only advanced players can use to its potential

And yes; you have to swing through; a wrist action does not generate enough power for this racket.

H.

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Don't forget there are three generations of it ;). All different from each other even (slightly but noticeable) ...

#575 demolidor, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  16. harrald

harrald Regular Member

fact, I was referring to the first gen. Ti10 2U; extrmely stiff and powerfull, but not so for wristy players like I am.

H.

17. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Played with a first gen ti10..... Oh my word.... Absolutely unbelievable racket... Amazingn feeling! Sigh they come up with new gimmicks instead of awesome legendary rackets like this...

18. moore_shady

i am using 21 pounds strings..could that be a reason? yeah i am too new to badminton...just realised maybe 24 or 25 pounds would be full potential to the Ti-10...

19. moore_shady

wrist action? mean that must use the whole arm to have full potential?

20. gavinloh

gavinloh Regular Member

As a general review, I am using Gen 3 3U, i feel much more feel and control with two different Ti-10 (one with AC62 and another with BG85). Power is good for me although I am using my NS9900 as my main.

After re-string and new grip (i swap 1 of my NS9900 with my fren Ti-10), it may be my main then :)