Zymax strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Lobeh, Jul 24, 2009.

1. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

hey guys,

if i mis hit with .70mm @ 27 lbs would it break? O_O

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

Probably not. The string most people talk about breaking on a mishit here are Zm62 users. the .70mm strings should be able to take the mishits no problem at all.

3. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Okay, sweet! I wanna try experimenting with higher tension :p Last time I strung bg80 at 27 lbs it snapped after a slight mis hit, but it felt soooooooooo good when i was rallying and smashing with it D:

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Only problem is that to get the same feel as your bg80@27lb, you have to string zm70@30lb. Not sure if your racket frame can take it.

5. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    it will not break
    .70 is almost like NBG 95 in term of thickness (even though I think NBG 95 is thicker)

but you need to know that .62 at 27lbs is different with .70 at 27lbs
    you need to upped around 3lbs to gain same feel
    at 30lbs, your racket frame might be distorted (or even self destroyed) since it is being strung with a very high tension

6. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

I needed up stringing an even thicker one its like .73 or higher so would that increase the chances that it wouldn't break on a mis hit?
    and in a way, if i string .73 or whatever at 27 lbs, it would feel like .62 at 24 lbs? :eek:
    MY RACKET FRAME WILL NEVER BE DISTORTED!! PP ULTRA PRO FOREVERRRR!!!. :>

#826 JukUx, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  7. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    Nice theory, but I've tried some crappy .75 string at 24lb and broke it within one hour.
    quality overrides thickness.
    also, contrary to the name, only beginners like ultra pro.

8. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I dunno about the UPro comment. Dink did state that some coaches over there preferred the UPro over the rest of them. It's more of a playing style I think.

9. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Visor

Oops, didn't see your comment. Seriously?! D: i would have to string at 30 lbs? omg i don't think i am man enough to handle that yet lol

Urameatball

ahhh, was it ashway strings tho? ):
    I don't think UPro is for beginners, i think its stiffness and the head heavyness makes it hard for people to use D:

10. what07

what07 Regular Member

It's not as stiff as the Ultra 1 :D

I just popped 2 zm62 strings, today :(

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    No your racket will be not destroyed at 30lbs tension. It will also not be distorted. The sole cause for racket breakage and distortion at 30lbs is the stringer.

12. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Correct.

Most if not ALL carbon racquets of today, EVEN the "crappy" fakes CAN BE stung UP TO 30+LBS due to the stronger structural integrity of carbon compared to aluminium and steel of the earlier days. There even was once a thread on a fake Yonex NS9900 where the would be buyer witnessed the seller stringing the racquet up to 33lbs and it DIDN'T BREAK AT ALL (explain that with all your "science" about high tensions).

In my experience when I have asked unwilling stringers for my usual tension of 33lbs constant pull, there are mostly three replies from the stringers. The more positive or technically correct replies you should be receiving are:

1. "I'm sorry but I don't think this machine with only 2 point support can fully support the racquet frame if I pull it up to that high tension."

2. "I have not strung that high up and I don't think I have the experience to string as such. Since you are asking for such tension perhaps you have done it or have seen it done personally? You could definitely guide me through the stringing if you would like."

While on the other hand the kind of stringer you SHOULD ALWAYS avoid are those stringers that give such reply:

"ALL RACQUET FRAMES will break if you pull it up to 30LBS!! I have seen this and that professional player use our machine to do his racquets at 30lbs and break his own racquet! Do you know that the high tension usage is only a MYTH?! Tell you the TRUTH! LEE CHONG WEI only USES 28LBS! MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!"

As you may have guessed the last reply is really full of BS and plain ignorance and the unscientific fear of 30lbs spreads like a wild fire :p

13. Blitzzards

Correct.

Most if not ALL carbon racquets of today, EVEN the "crappy" fakes CAN BE stung UP TO 30+LBS due to the stronger structural integrity of carbon compared to aluminium and steel of the earlier days. There even was once a thread on a fake Yonex NS9900 where the would be buyer witnessed the seller stringing the racquet up to 33lbs and it DIDN'T BREAK AT ALL (explain that with all your "science" about high tensions).

In my experience when I have asked unwilling stringers for my usual tension of 33lbs constant pull, there are mostly three replies from the stringers. The more positive or technically correct replies you should be receiving are:

1. "I'm sorry but I don't think this machine with only 2 point support can fully support the racquet frame if I pull it up to that high tension."

2. "I have not strung that high up and I don't think I have the experience to string as such. Since you are asking for such tension perhaps you have done it or have seen it done personally? You could definitely guide me through the stringing if you would like."

While on the other hand the kind of stringer you SHOULD ALWAYS avoid are those stringers that give such reply:

"ALL RACQUET FRAMES will break if you pull it up to 30LBS!! I have seen this and that professional player use our machine to do his racquets at 30lbs and break his own racquet! Do you know that the high tension usage is only a MYTH?! Tell you the TRUTH! LEE CHONG WEI only USES 28LBS! MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!"

As you may have guessed the last reply is really full of BS and plain ignorance and the unscientific fear of 30lbs spreads like a wild fire :p

14. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

How about a genuine Cab 20 original (red), can it withstand 36 lbs (putting into consideration since fakes can take 30 lbs)?

15. monticore

monticore Regular Member

one question i have with string tensions is head shape oval vs iso, do iso racquet have more sq surface area than oval so would play softer with comparible tensions vs an oval. ie. 22lbs oval=24lbs iso

cory

16. Blitzzards

If you search the forum thoroughly, there has been at least one case of someone actually stringing his carbonex racquet (not sure if it was the CAB20 original) at 36lbs ECP on the cross strings. From my memory he strung the main strings at 26lbs and reported that the overall tension felt like 31lbs while retaining the original oval unstrung shape. Some reviewers have said that the unofficial Yonex report states that the NS9900 3U can withstand up to 38lbs strung with an ES5Protech (as a stress test).

The main reason why the oval head shape will have seemingly tighter strings is because the strings are shorter (so hitting surface area is also smaller in a way) at the sweet spot where most shuttles impact the string bed compared to on an iso frame racquet. Shorter strings will mean that the strings are at a higher dynamic stiffness level because a shorter string can not stretch as much (on shuttle impact) as a longer string which would be present on the iso frame.

17. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I will get my Tpro along with Zymax67 with new colour which is red
    is there any differences between the red Zymax67 and the old colour such as white?

18. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I have a racket with red ZM67prototype & it is a lot different. Rough texture & a lot of bite. Mark will know whether this is one& the same or not.

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have noticed that ZM62 is not suitable for all rackets. it worked really well for my ARC10/AT700/PPPrecision/PPUltraPro, but not as well for Victor SW35/BS10/SP21.

20. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Any particular recommendation/thoughts between ZM67 or BG80 strung at low-20s (approximately 21 or 22 lbs)? I have read that VinningWolff (spelling) has played with the ZM67 at 20x21lbs and likes it.

Currently using MP at 20x22lbs and looking for a fresh change and have marked these two as worthy upgrades/substitutes.

Justin.