Hoon Thien How @ Ah How ( 雲天豪 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by danielwong, May 26, 2011.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Cos of age gap & clash in personality. OSH=26, Ah Mak=21, when OSH retire, Mak how?

Ah How will not be alone, he will be partnered with a junior, better than OSH.

2. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    i am saying, how sure he is OSH is worst than juniors....not how sure the partnership will not permanent...
    since some people like know OSH very well, by branding him as a bad player....so I assume many here personally
    know OSH or ever been treated badly by him....
    i personally dont know him or any players, so I cant comment.....
    as for whether they can click or not, MHC and OSH....i saw them both once during MO2011...
    dress style also same....hip-hop style, hanging around together in Putra Stadium...wonder they are close friend?

3. eaglehelang

Well, you all also comment2 on the players like know them so well, like the other time Mak's earing issue. If KKK, even worse comments, lol. I dont like OSH's attitude on court and during intv. If ah how who supposed is quiet type cannot ngam with OSH, others cannot imagine. Ah how according to yesterday NST maybe partner TWK, dunno how far is true.

4. victory

victory Regular Member

I think what is true is at the moment all MD under BAM banner are not fixed except top pair KKK/TBH. At least this is the case untill OG. After OG no body knows. It is all depending on the results.

That is the right thing to do. Just keep experiencing the MD pairing until MAS get more solid pairs. It is not easy because there are 2 person on court . They MUST complement each other. Take China for example, they have the ir provincial teams sending players to the national team like conveyer belt. Yet after so many years, they have produced only one really strong pair( Fu/Chai).

Unfortunately for the players , that means there will some sacrifices.

That is why we see HTH is still "floating". Well............................. what can we say? Poor How.

5. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Saturday August 27, 2011
    Rexy forced to make quick adjustments to elite squad
    KUALA LUMPUR: The retirements of Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari have forced national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky to make some quick adjustments to the elite squad.
    Zakry and Fairuzizuan’s move to reunite as independent players has left Hoon Thien How and Ong Soon Hock without partners respectively.
    Currently, Soon Hock is playing with back-up shuttler Mak Hee Chun at the ongoing Vietnam Open while the stocky Thien How is waiting for a decision to be made on a new partner for him.
    Rexy said that Soon Hock would continue to play with Hee Chun.

“As a senior player, Soon Hock can guide Hee Chun, who is without a permanent partner after splitting ways with Tan Wee Kiong. We will give this Soon Hock-Hee Chun combination a shot and see how well they can progress until end of the year,” said Rexy.
    Asked whether this pair Soon Hock-Hee Chun would come under his charge or the guidance of back-up coach Tan Kim Her, Rexy said that a decision would be made during the coaching and training committee meeting on Sept 8.
    “Soon Hock is an elite player while Hee Chun comes under Kim Her’s squad. The elite and back-up squad train together three times a week. We can strike some kind of arrangement,” he said.

Rexy, however, said he would wait for the return of Kim Her before naming a partner for Thien How.
    “We will discuss together on a potential partner for Thien How. Kim Her is currently in Vietnam and I will wait for him to come back before making a proposal to the coaching and training committee meeting.”

The others currently training under Rexy are Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Vountus Indra Mawan-Mohd Lutfi Zaim Abdul Khalid. The other coach assisting Rexy in the elite team is Rosman Razak.
    “Koo and Tan are the best bets to qualify for the Olympic Games next year.
    “But we will do our best to push the other potential pairs to make the cut too.
    “Currently, the other pair with a chance of making it is Kim Her’s back-up pair Goh Wei Shem-Lim Khim Wah,” said Rexy.
    “We will be able to finalise all the changes during the coaching and training committee meeting. Then, we will be able to set targets and goals for these players.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

NST reports that HTH might be together with Tan Wee Kiong. Of course HTH is better than OYH, but now OYH is with who? Aih. But I feel that HTH/TWK should be better than OSH/MHC even though the latter just beat Hashimoto/Hirata recently.

Anyway wish all the best to Ah How :)

7. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday September 2, 2011
    �Single� Thien How to miss three big tournaments
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: National men�s doubles shuttler Hoon Thien How will miss three international tournaments this month because he has no partner.
    Thien How�s partner Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif quit the national team after their second-round loss at the World Championships in London last month.
    The overweight Thien How will miss the Taiwan Open (Sept 6-11), China Masters (Sept 13-18) and Japan Open (Sept 20-25).
    [​IMG] Hoon Thien How
    But that could be a blessing in disguise as the 25-year-old Thien How plans to use the time to shed some unwanted kilos and improve his physical condition while waiting for the coaches to name a suitable partner for him.
    With Zakry preferring to reunite with his former partner Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari as independent shuttlers, Thien How will have to wait for the outcome of the coaching and training committee meeting on Sept 8 to know who his new partner will be.
    Elite and back-up coaches Rexy Mainaky and Tan Kim Her are expected to propose their new line-ups on that date.
    �I was surprised with Zakry�s decision as we were shaping up well as a pair. But I guess he has his own reasons. I�ll just wait for the coaches to find me a new partner,� said Thien How. �I�ll work on losing some weight and be in better shape when I re-start my career with a new partner.�
    Thien How�s only gripe about the break-up with Zakry is that he will have to restart his mission to qualify for next year�s London Olympics with a new partner.
    Thien How is expected to pair up with one of Kim Her�s back-up players, having partnered Tan Wee Kiong and Lim Khim Wah previously.
    It is unlikely that Thien How will be partnered with Khim Wah, who is doing well with Goh Wei Shem.
    That means Wee Kiong is available. This is a possibility because Wee Kiong�s partner, Mak Hee Chun, had shown promise with senior Ong Soon Hock in their first tournament together at the Vietnam Open and both are expected to be retained.
    �I will leave it to the coaches to decide but I hope there will be no more changes after this. I hope to get a good partner so that I can continue to chase my Olympic dream. I still want to play and achieve good results for the country,� he added.
    Thien How, who won the world junior title with Tan Boon Heong in 2005, has done well in major team events like the Thomas Cup Finals and Sudirman Cup with different partners.
    So, whoever he is paired up with, Malaysian fans can expect only the best from him.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/9/2/sports/9412136.asp&sec=sports

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    1st,tee jing yi jump smash is harder than lydia
    2nd,did koo did any bad thing to u?:p
    i meet him twice and he is good to me;)

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    for mod,his name should be 云天豪,simplified chinese

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    When Chinese names are written incorrectly

It looks like all our BC mods don't read Chinese, but depended on others to include their Chinese names.

Keeping reporting when you find their Chinese names are written incorrectly, limsy. :):):)

11. victory

victory Regular Member

Tee Jing Yi is the new girl. Honestly I have not noticed her yet. It is good that we have female player that play aggresive attacking.

No He did not do anything bad to me. If that happened he would have walked away with bandage on his head.:) My younger brother met him many times though.

Yeah may be he brought you to his hairstylist. You young people can click very easily. Perhaps he will call you soon and invite you to do a tattoo on your neck!:D

12. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    [​IMG]

Hoon Thien How says hello..hello..

Any partner for me? :D :p :eek:

#232 pBmMalaysia, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  13. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    u got good sense of humor :)

14. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    Hth let's cut down ur tummy laI suggest u proceed to play singleLcw need successor in coming years....

15. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

It is confirmed that Tan Wee Kiong will be Hoon Thien How's new partner!

All the best! They will be sent to compete in the western German, Denmark and French SS/PSS! :)

Should be a good pair if HTH improves his agility and TWK improves his strength as TWK is a good player.

16. danielwong

Salesman
    Tuesday September 20, 2011
    Tan-Hoon to be reunited after three-year lapse

The Star

KUALA LUMPUR: Doubles shuttlers Tan Wee Kiong and Hoon Thien How will be reunited after a lapse of three years at the Denmark Open in Odense from Oct 18-23.
    This time, Wee Kiong hopes the partnership will last.
    The 22-year-old Wee Kiong has been teamed up with Hoon Thien How as one of the pairs under the charge of new national doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her.
    Wee Kiong had been without a partner since his relationship with Mak Hee Chun soured following their uninspiring performance at the Asian Games in Guangzhou last year.
    Thien How too had been looking for a partner since Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif quit the national team after the World Championships in Wembley last month.
    Wee Kiong and Thien How were paired up by Kim Her last week. It will be their second time playing together after being paired up briefly in 2008.
    “It is good that I have a partner now. I hope to make it work with Thien How. We were together for a few months in 2008 before we were split up.
    “This time, we hope that we will be able to stick together longer,” said Wee Kiong.
    “At this stage, it is difficult for us to make the cut for the Olympic Games. But we can challenge for a place in the team for next year’s Thomas Cup Finals.
    “We need to improve on our world ranking. At least, we have goals to aim for now.
    “Thien How is more experienced and I am looking forward to his guidance. I am willing to work hard to make this partnership work.”
    The 25-year-old Thien How is also looking forward to playing with Wee Kiong. Besides the Denmark Open, the duo will also compete in the France and German Opens.
    “I am looking forward to playing competitive badminton with Wee Kiong. Sure it will take some time for us to get started all over again but I am ready to give it another shot,” said Thien How.
    “It is not easy to take a partnership to a higher level. One has to trust each other and be open. Wee Kiong and I have played before and it is just a matter of getting adjusted to one another again.
    “Our goal is the same – to be one of the best pairs in the country. Hopefully, we will enjoy a good start in Denmark. There are so many good pairs in the national team now.
    “All the pairs are hoping to make the Thomas Cup squad and the healthy rivalry will certainly push us to do well.”

# Is Tan Wee Kiong, not Tan Boon Heong

17. victory

victory Regular Member

Thien How is not young any more. Perhaps This partnership is his last chance to achieve something big in his badminton career. All the best to him!

18. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Ah How will be starting a match in Denmark Open with new partner Tan Wee Keong.
    Let's see how they are play well...

19. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

Looking forward to it too.

20. danielwong

Salesman
    Ah How and TWK will open campaign against unknown pair...
    hope they can have a good start...