Hafiz not in training with coach Misbun

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by winnie, Jan 9, 2008.

1. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    sis,can u let me the chronology of hafiz's transference from BAM to nusa Mahsuri?

2. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

I thought he's a millionaire ....

FROM NST

HAFIZ Hashim is not offering excuses for his recent failures but has no qualms about blaming preferential treatment of others in terms of allowances and incentives for his dip in form.
    But Hafiz wishes to set the record straight that he is not motivated by money alone but at the same time financial instability has made it difficult for him to focus on his playing career.

Hafiz receives a monthly allowance of RM2,000 and gets nothing from the quarterly world ranking bonus received by the BA of Malaysia (BAM) players.

His financial burden has also increased after his recent marriage but sadly, his bonus, which used to be RM2,500, was recently slashed.

"I am also playing for the country and train full time just like the other national players. So it's not fair when it comes to allowances and incentives," said a frustrated Hafiz at Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil yesterday.
    "I am not offering excuses for my failures. However, financial stability plays a vital part in keeping a player focused and I don't really have that at the moment."

Lee Chong Wei, the nation's top player, receives RM3,000 monthly apart from a quarterly bonus of RM45,000 for being ranked World No 2.

Under the world ranking bonus, the top two ranked players receive a quarterly bonus of RM45,000 each, third and fourth receive RM36,000, fifth to eighth get RM24,000, ninth to 16th receive RM18,000, 17th-24th get RM9,000 while 25th-32nd earn RM4,500.

And finance was one of the prime reasons why Hafiz was linked with a move to KLRC Bhd but the player intends to remain faithful to Nusa and coach Misbun Sidek for the moment.

"My claims are reasonable. All I want is to get what the others are getting. If the others are paid RM1,000 then I should receive the same. I have no problem with that.

"I have been ranked in the top eight for more than a year but I was never considered for the ranking bonus because I'm not a BAM player," a disappointed Hafiz added.

"I believe if I am financially stable, I will have a clear mind and can confidently focus on winning a place in the Olympics.

"KLRC Bhd had made me a verbal offer to join them but no decisions have been made. If the current situation improves, I don't have to think about a move at all."

Hafiz could have earned a quarterly bonus of RM18,000 for the best part of last year as he was ranked in the top 16 and at the moment, he should still receive RM9,000 as he is currently ranked World No 17.

It's even more disturbing for him knowing that sparring partners employed by BAM, who work on a part-time basis, receive RM1,800 a month.

3. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    aiya, so it is about money. hafiz is making excuses. he should think of it the other way around. win stuff and people will want to give you money. not expect people to give you money first and maybe win some stuff. aiya hafiz.....maybe he should move to KLRC. so that he could see whether it is really the financial instability that is making him lose all the time. if he improved under KLRC, all the best to him because he will still represent Malaysia. if even under KLRC he still play badly, then maybe it is time he thinks of another profession. :(

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    If BAM is to reward bonus $$$ to players based on world ranking placement, then HH has a point that he should be paid as well because there should not be differential treatment or for BAM to pick and choose which players are entitled to $$$. The system should be fair and transparent. Sure HH under-achieve in tournaments but that should not exclude him from bonus $$$.

5. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    According to our "Brilliant" Sports Minister : any player who quit National team, will need to compensate the BAM (The player him/herself and the Clubs he represent too !) ~~ doesnt make sense! :eek:
    Maybe this is one of the reason why Mr YOYO still don't quit :rolleyes:

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

hehe, me fly here, you is here too. Hafiz is with Nusa M. Nusa is angry, wants compensation too if Hafiz run off to KLRC. That's what Jailani said to 1 malay press, too tedious to translate.

You'll be even more surprised with BAM statements abt Mr Yoyo. I was hesitant to post the news piece, knowing it'll start another round of heated discussions, but here goes :

Either NST or The Star, not sure

Badminton / Malaysia open 2008: BAM: It's up to Nusa Mahsuri

17 January, 2008
    HAFIZ Hashim's (pic) complaint of unfair treatment has received encouraging responses from the BA of Malaysia (BAM) and his club Nusa Mahsuri which has been working hard to provide the player financial stability. Hafiz made a candid revelation that his financial struggle has been bothering him for almost a year and, subsequently, has been affecting his performance.

The player felt that the allowance of RM2,000 he receives for being in the Beijing Olympics programme hardly compensates his sacrifices as a full-time national shuttler. His compatriots receive much better deals.

Hafiz said it would make a big difference if he was eligible for the world ranking bonus offered by BAM whose players receive between RM4,500 to RM45,000 quarterly based on their world ranking.

BAM secretary P. Ganga Rao said BAM is very concerned about Hafiz's plight but it is unable to include him in the ranking bonus scheme as it will affect his contractual obligations with Nusa Mahsuri.

"Nusa Mahsuri has been working with the sponsors and is confident of sorting out Hafiz's financial diffculties," said Ganga yesterday.

"BAM will offer its help but only if Nusa's efforts fall through. This is simply because we don't want to disrupt the club's sponsorship obligations and also the player's responsibilities.

"We offer the world ranking bonus from funds coming from our sponsors, and Hafiz needs to come under our contract. However, this will disrupt his obligations with Nusa's sponsors and we don't want that to happen.

"If every effort proves futile then BAM will spring into action and will provide Hafiz with the needed financial backing."

It is understood that BAM spend close to RM2.5 million annually on the national players so it should not be a problem to provide Hafiz with the extra perks.

However, Ganga said it can be done only with the consent of Nusa and its sponsors.

Nusa is expected to make an announcement on a new financial package for Hafiz next week.

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

All you need is an IQ of 3.5 to be a Malaysian Minister.

However in Hafiz's case, I think a transfer fee of 0.30sen is fair market price. ;)

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I still couldn't believe that Mohd Hafiz Hashim is not under BAM :eek:

This arrangement between Nusa Mansuri (are they a special club or what) and BAM is mind-boggling :eek: KLRC is much clear-cut...once u are out of BAM (like Lee Tsuen Tseng), then, KLRC will foot all his expenses. Look at his record...he's at least performing last year with a string of small titles which help to build his confidence, unlike Hafiz :rolleyes:

9. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Hafiz can play for how long? just look at the current men's single player in malaysia, we're only know LCW or WCH, except these two,who? hafiz and roslin,that's all.

Where's the youngster? where's the backup player for these seniors?

I am so pity to see Wong Choon Han still playing at his age now. IF the backup players is strong enuff, WCH might be retired and become coach. This benefited the younger player since WCH is a quality player.

For Hafiz, i am sorry to say that, please go retire.

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    There is no different where hafiz stay. U put him under Li Yong Bo also he cant perform like LD or BCL. It's the attitude of the player.

Questioned abt the allowances?no allowances no play or cant play?

i wonder how much is the gift or allowance Hafiz received when he became the ALL ENGLAND CHAMPION once upon a time? Anybody can telll mee?

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Finally!!!! We have a Malaysian here who is able to see reality!!!

I have been saying many times BAM and other sports associations in Msia are run by dimwits and you get peanuts when you put a bunch of monkeys in charge. We can have the best coach in the world, the best facilities and the government can pay the best financial rewards BUT if you dont have the basics right, you will end up with nothing in the end.

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    It all boils down to two choices :

1. Pay Hafiz an allowance he is asking for, after which he will bring out his magic wand and become a world-beater.
    2. Tell Hafiz to deliver some silverware first and then pay him a King's ransom.

Which comes first, the chicken or the egg?
    Meantime, the Malaysian "house" is burning down with no sight of new players emerging, except for doubles. Maybe its time for some leadership.

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    yes.my dear dato asbullah.a truth that hurts.go hafiz,go retire...u know why i keep back hafiz up all this while?bcoz hes special player that wehave.im hoping to have him back in mas team n keep cheer for him.i was afraid if we let him go,we may cant find any hafiz anymore.but after 5 years,n he is 26 now.i have to accept the fact.we have lost him.

14. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    taneepak.for ur first 'choice' - i dont think government would ever listen to that.give me allowance- only then i will do something about my game.n win..(hafiz's theory)for ur 2nd choice - u know,that is one of reasons that lead to malaysians athletes' downfall.we are malaysians who are not suppose to accept any other government's 'help'.n for ur "its time for some leadership".believe me.BAm do work on that.we have worried about this since 3-4 years ago.due to wch's lost in wc. againts xia xuan xe.(did i gave a right spelling??)sorry to beijing ppls.we have tan chun seang,arif latif.need more players.yes.we are working on that.

15. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    im very sorry to say this esp to HH supporters, Hafiz is not going anywhere by this "hardworking" attitude, I mean have you ever seen once that he is fit enough to finish a rubber game gracefully with a competitive opponent? I can't recalled of any.

If he is to continue like this, it's better to quit now and concentrate on how to be a better constable.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I have an idea to help Hafiz that will give him the allowances that he wants first and then a final settlement with him later that he cannot walk away with. All what the BAM needs to do is to have a written agreement with Hafiz, in which the BAM will give Hafiz a monthly allowance of say R10,000 for 2 years in exchange for a charge on Hafiz's assets or a guarantee from Hafiz or his backers that is acceptable to a bank. If Hafiz delivers he can keep all the allowances and more. If he doesn't deliver the guarantor or the charge on his assets takes care of that. This way everyone wins.
    What do you think of it?

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Good suggestion. Forget him lah...goner... (a challenge to hafiz if you can make a comeback). Ambillah cabaran ini.

18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My dear,

We lost Hafiz the day after he won the AE. Typical Malaysia Boleh problem.

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dont bother. No point flogging a dead horse.

20. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    pemuda, i m totally agreed with u. Give the chance to the youngster to play in the international matches, hopefully will come out with another LCW.