Nguyễn Tiến Minh - Vietnam's Hottest!

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Loh, Jul 17, 2006.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Crown Prince Frederik’s Official Visit to Vietnam

November 28th, 2011
    http://www.royaltyinthenews.com/2011/11/28/crown-prince-frederiks-official-visit-to-vietnam/

Excerpt:

The Crown Prince will also promote Danish culture. Tomorrow, he will attend a performance of August Bournonville’s classic ballet ‘La Ventana’ at the opera house. Later in the evening, he will watch a badminton tournament between Danish player Peter Gade and Vietnam’s Nguyen Tien Minh.

2. hungle

hungle Regular Member

My pictures with Peter Gade and his daughter in Vietnam -29 Nov., 2011
    Peter Gade is now in Vietnam for Badminton Friendship Match with Nguyen Tien Minh, this afternoon he had training with HCMC's player and i have a great chance to see his training and how he nice, I was so happy to him and he was really nice and friendly with people and with me. He is great man! Here is pictures of mine with Gade and his daughter and HCMC's players as well as Coach Asep Suharno!

Attached Files:

3. Super_Lee89

Super_Lee89 Regular Member

Thanks hungle, awesome and go ahead!^^

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

hungle, those are cool pictures.
    So tell us, how good a player is little Miss Gade? :)

5. hungle

hungle Regular Member

She 7 year old, looks small and be shy of doing playing before people, but when playing with her father, she was playing good, I have taken about 100 pics from Gade, Ms.Little Gade but Coach Asep still keep the camera, I will take the pics out then send it to you.

6. hungle

hungle Regular Member

You guys can see how Peter Gade nice to help Juninor player (about 26 years old) of HCMC's team how to play.

Attached Files:

7. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Seven, eh? If she's ever looking for a XD partner in North America, I've got the perfect 8 yo boy for her. :rolleyes:
    Looks like Peter Gade is really winning hearts and minds in Vietnam. This is what being a good ambassador of the sport is all about. It's not about showing up for big prize money but taking the time to touch peoples lives. Muôn năm Peter Gade! :):)

8. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Ok, let send email to Gade for negotiation? Need Gade email?

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Great job, hungle! Please keep the pics coming! :)

BTW, do you maybe want to post the pics on Peter Gade's thread, seeing as they relate to PG, while we are actually on NTM's thread?

10. hungle

hungle Regular Member

OK, last night, I also visited to Denmark player and found there are some topic about Gade, I did not know where to post so I make a new thread here http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...Gade-and-his-daughter-in-Vietnam-29-Nov.-2011
    But agree with you that this should keep to Gade thread, I do now.

#350 hungle, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  11. hungle

hungle Regular Member

I mean 16 years old, not 26, sorry

12. hungle

hungle Regular Member

If you wan tto see more pics of Gade and his nice daughter, please visit here http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...295-Peter-GADE?p=1803132&posted=1#post1803132
    I move to this thread as cobalt advice

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    How Nguyen Tien Minh started playing Badminton

I found an article telling us how Nguyen Tien Minh started playing Badminton.

Article: http://english.vietnamnet.vn/en/sports/17010/tien-minh---the-pride-of-vietnam-s-badminton.html

====== * ====== start article ====== * ======

Vietnamnet.vn
    01/01/2012

Nguyen Tien Minh’s today success is the outcome of 18 years of hardship. Minh said his fate with badminton came from badminton games with his neighboring friends, in which Minh was always the winner.

From badminton games on the street, Minh was encouraged by his friends and family t take part in a badminton contest held in his district. The 19-0 defeat in the game against a player who was trained at the district’s centre for gifted students urged Minh to practice more professionally. After a short time of being trained for free by a professional trainer, Minh met his rival again and this time he trounced that player 19-0. Minh’s badminton career began when he was 18.

The young man's determination soon demonstrated its fruitful aspects, when Minh was recruited into the national team in the same year. However, Minh's career did not become well known nation-wide until 2002 when he, at the age of 19, victoriously defeated the long time national champion, Phu Cuong Nguyen, and seized the gold medal for the men single category.

After 18 years with badminton, Minh has won many prizes at local, regional and international tournaments. He now ranks seventh in the world ranking list. There is no doubt that the athlete will even further improve his ranking in the future.

Minh said success cannot be measured by titles. “Athletes never want to be defeated. Sometimes I really felt tired and wanted to give up badminton. But the passion for this sports is still burning inside me so I cannot give it up,” he said.

Vietnam’s top badminton player is a fan of hi-tech electronic devices. He is also keen on discovering traditional cuisines of Vietnam and other countries.

Nguyen Tien Minh's Interview:

When did you start your career as a professional badminton player?

I played badminton when I was very small. When I was 11, I went to practice the sport at the Tinh Vo Club in District 5, HCM City. At first, my mother strongly objected to my decision because she worried that I would spend less time studying. Moreover, at that time, badminton was not as popular as it is nowadays.

She thought that I had no future. Fortunately, my father supported me. Also at the time, I won six gold medals within three months, so she gradually came to realize I could succeed.

At the age of 18, when they saw my passion which brought me many medals, my parents fully supported me.

At that time I had two choices, to take university exams or pursue the sport. Finally I chose badminton, and I have never regretted the decision.

Did you meet many difficulties when playing in professional competitions?

It is a long way from being an amateur to being a professional athlete. In the past, I played haphazardly and without real training.

I know that my disadvantage is my small size. I am also not strong at upper attacks and I have to perfect my basic technical skills.

Vietnamese badminton is not as professional as other countries like China, Malaysia, Indonesia and Denmark, so here there is a small number of high level players and not much competition.

One important disadvantage to a professional player is that Viet Nam has not allotted enough money for international events, so we lack experience.

Moreover, we have no donations (sponsors), so Vietnamese players rarely participate in big tournaments.

How do you practice everyday?

My parents and friends play a key role by supporting my training. They not only give me the best conditions but also tell me what my strengths and weaknesses are, while my coaches show me how to bring into play my strong points as well as limit the disadvantages.

I have two training shifts per day under coach Nguyen Anh Hoang. I have my own practice schedule at home, and exercise to improve my physical strength.

It took me time to become adjusted to so much work.

Now, apart from my trainer’s lessons, I practice on my own, which helps me to perfect my technique.

My achievements today are also due to training abroad in China, Malaysia, Germany and playing in international competitions.

Major achievements:

National champion in the men's singles in 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008
    Bronze Medal for Men Team at 2005 Southeast Asian Games, hosted in the Philippines
    Bronze Medal for Men Single at 2007 Southeast Asian Games, hosted in Thailand
    Gold Medal for Men Single at the International Malaysia Satellite 2004
    Gold Medal for Men Single at the International Vietnam Satellite 2006 and 2008
    Gold Medal for Men Single at the International Vietnam Open 2008
    Bronze Medal for Men Single at the International Taiwan Open 2008
    Awarded with the Certificate of Satisfactory Progress by the Ho Chi Minh City’s People Committee in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Participated in 2008 Summer Olympic Games
    Achieved the ranking of 11th worldwide on May 28, 2009
    Gold Medal for Men Single at the Robot Vietnam International Challenge
    Gold Medal for Men Single at the SCG Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold 2009
    Gold Medal for Men Single at the Yonex Chinese Taipei Gold Grand Prix 2009
    Achieved the ranking of 5th worldwide on June 18, 2010
    Champion of the Vietnam Open 2011.

====== * ====== end article ====== * ======

#353 chris-ccc, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  14. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Goodbye coach asep suharno!

Dear asep,
    thank you so much for your effort to help vietnam's badminton during last two years, have a good trip to your home and be happy with your family!
    Regards
    hungle

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Yes, thanks to asep.

Question: Who will be the next coach for Vietnam?

16. hungle

hungle Regular Member

At the moment, one of assistant of Asep will replace for him. Asep had last lunch today with me, Ms.Lien-Deputy of HCMC Badminton Association and he gave me a new brand of Yonex Shoes, 2 pair of Yonex shocks and leather pen of Yonex! He is my best friend, I was with him from the first time he went to VN! I am very sad when he go back, but that is life! I will arrange time to visit his family and may watch Indonesia open in this year if any! He is now in Airport and will take flight at 8.20pm!

17. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    what will he do in Indonesia ??
    If coaching, in what club ??

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Cherish those happy memories hungle!

19. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Yes, I will! Thank you, Loh!

20. hungle

hungle Regular Member

He is now setting up an Badminton Academy name Mega Badminton Camps, he is manager. He want to make this Camps become an Internatioal Academy for badminton! I think he had good mind and ability to make an successful with his camps. In addition, healso make some fusats court (football) in his home also and his family will take care this work.