Yonex ArcSaber Flash Boost ( ARC FB )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yan.v, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Then it's deceptive marketing...

Your reasoning doesn't make any sense to me. How is a specialized specification if he's just using another one of their rackets, but spray painted to match the FB? That's misrepresenting the truth and is causing a deception.

Regardless, I'm not using a FB cuz Mogensen is using it. I don't care whether there are any pros using it or not. I like it and that's what counts at the end of the day.

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

But have Yonex ever stated that he's using a 5U/6U Arc FB? If they have and he isn't then it would be deceptive. Who knows what he's exactly using, at the end of the day everyone does it. It could have an added BP or different weight, there's no guarentee that he was using a standard VT ZF either!

Exactly, choose a racket that suits your game, choosing your rackets by what someone else uses is the single worst way of picking a racket.

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Like n0m5ky, earlier and my pictures, the fabric case is normal for JP high-end rackets. Only the lower rackets, you will see cases. Welcome to the JP world!

4. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    http://yonex.com/sports/badminton/players/badminton-players/carsten-mogensen/
    but I really couldn't care less though

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Doesn't say what weight though, just says Arc FB. As Yonex didn't state what weight it was then they haven't really left themselves open for a lawsuit. And like I said earlier, this had been going on for at least the last 20 years, why start the lawsuits now? :)

6. Sgt_Strider

You misunderstood my post. It doesn't matter whether he's using a 5U/6U ArcFB. Heck, I don't even care if Yonex made a 4U version for him. This isn't the issue at all. The issue is whether Mogensen used another Yonex racket disguised as an ArcFB. That's what I called deceptive marketing.

At the end of the day, I really don't care which racket he uses. It would be nice to say that someone like Mogensen is using it, but I'm not Mogensen and obviously not as good as him so I'm going to have to figure out which racket suits my style of play. Right now it's the FB followed by the Adidas Duoforce.

7. Sgt_Strider

Because there's money to be made...When the lawyers smell blood, they'll go in for the kill.

8. n0m5ky

n0m5ky Regular Member

Why start the lawsuits now? It's because no one has ever done it before. If we do have a ground legally for suing Yonex on their misleading marketing, there will be a great chance for all of us to get at least a precedent on this matter. We still don't know whether this kind of marketing is allowed or not. Now we're just guessing and guessing.

I think if Yonex states that the racket CM uses is a FB, and if the reality is it's not (but a sprayed ZF), then it's called misleading/lying. I don't know you, but for me it's just wrong. And someone should do something about it, not just sitting duck.

9. Sgt_Strider

Just because there haven't been lawsuits in the past doesn't mean there won't be lawsuits in the future. Furthermore, where do you decide to sue? Which country's laws will be applicable here? There are so many barriers to a lawsuit, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. You can't dispute the fact that it's a misrepresentation or a deception if Mogensen is using something disguised as an FB.

What do you mean by CM?

10. n0m5ky

n0m5ky Regular Member

CM= Carsten Mogensen

It doesn't matter where the case would be proceeded in. What does matter is that someone is suing Yonex for their misleading marketing (if it's true they do so) so that we'll get a chance to know their legal grounds respectively. Whatever the result, we as customer as well as Yonex (or other manufacture companies) will learn a lot from the case.

11. Sgt_Strider

Yes it does because the laws are different in each country. Some countries will have tougher laws than others when it comes to these kind of practices.

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Wouldn't sorry if the pros used the custom ones. They probably did use the official ones and then swap back to their custom one and no one would notice.

For examples, LCW's racket. It looks like the retail racket but reality, it a custom one; the balance point is different and it's significantly stiffer and head heavy.

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm rather certain it's not significantly stiffer and head heavier than the VT ZF. That thing is close enough to a sledgehammer.....he might have a custom version (although I think he just has a very specific preference), but it's not far from the retail racket. Even professional players have their limits.

14. Sgt_Strider

Is LCW's main racket the VT ZF right now? You're right, that thing is like a sledgehammer. I don't question how powerful that racket is, but I can't play defense with it.

15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    He is using a custom racket. I know because someone I know met him in person and compared them while he was there for a training camp.

16. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    seem like you need more training to improve your defend with the VZF

17. Sgt_Strider

Why would I need to if I don't even use that racket? That's a pretty dumb suggestion.

18. Barca

Barca Regular Member

Probably he assumed you are using one because you stated 'I can't play defense with it'.

19. Sgt_Strider

He should know better given that he knows it's not my main racket.

20. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Nope. I dont know your main racket. I say coz you state 'I can't play defense with it'.

#580 Shinichi, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013